T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel & T3PA ADD-ON or T500 RS? Or Fanatec?

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by maniac618, Oct 3, 2014.

1. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

Hi all,

Thrustmaster continue to confuse me and probably others with their product line.

Is the T300 Ferrari GTE Wheel & T3PA ADD-ON better than a T500 RS wheel and pedals set? Is the technology used any better in the T300 than the T500 as it is newer?

Should I even be looking at Thrustmaster, or should I be looking somewhere else like Fanatec?

Thanks for any info, it is so confusing.

2. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

The T300RS uses brushless motors while the T500 uses a normal brushed motor.
    The T500's motor can ouput a little bit more force but the T300 feels less damped because of the brushless.

I just went from a G27 to a Fanatec Turbo S to a T300 GTE and this wheel is simply amazing and no competition to the aforementioned wheels.

Unless you go for a CSW V2 base from Fanatec, this is pretty much the best you can get.

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The TX has a brushless motor as well but with only a few degrees less rotation for half the price. I'm not sure myself, I've had it with fanatec and the T300 isn't being sold in NA, at least not yet.

Indeed. :p

4. nascar2112

nascar2112 Registered

I wish they would just sell a wheel with no pedals, need something to replace my g25, and i already went through a fanatec in 2 months. I cant recommend fanatec for wheels, the build quality is crap, but the csr elite pedals i have are still just fine

5. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Does anybody know when the t300 Ferrari GTE will be sold in the USA?

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It has been for a bit now, saw it on Amazon, and some lther sites (maybe Best Buy? I can't remember).

7. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I would really like for you to be right but I've searched a lot for it in the USA and have come up blank. Specific search (T300 Ferrari GTE) at Amazon comes up blank. I do get hits on the wheel itself (not including the motor unit) and on the RS and TX but not the complete t300 with the GTE wheel. I've been thinking about upgrading for a while and now my current wheel is broken so I'm really needing something.

8. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Oh, I was just talking about the T300RS; they are the exact same product, just a different rim. Actually, I think the rim is identical as well besides getting a Ferrari logo and, I believe, a button or two less.

I wish the standard T300RS came with the same sized rim as the T500RS, instead of the exact same sized rim as the 458 GTE, makes it sort of irrelevant to have both as it is now with both being identical. Having a slightly larger rim (T500RS) + static shifters, for road cars, oval racing, and rally cars, and having the option of the 458 GTE if you wanted smaller and/or moving shifters.

The static shifters are awesome if used for the right cars - road cars and rally cars (and drifting if that's your thing and you don't like using, or own, a stick shifter).

Having all bases come with static shifters (removable, of course), or having them available as an add-on, would be awesome, as well as having a larger wheel like the T500RS's stock wheel + having the wheel come with moving paddle shifters. And the static and moving shifters would be seperate buttons from one-another. Ok, I'm rambling, lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
  9. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

I sent a question to Thrustmaster about US availability via "contact us" on their website. I'll post what I find out. Spinelli, are you in the US neck of the Cosmos?

10. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Slightly north :)

11. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Got a reply...

"Unfortunately, we do not have an estimated date for when it will become available." Great...

I wonder if I bought one from Europe if I could adapt it to run on 120V 60hz?

12. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Well I got creative to get what I wanted. Found the TX for $300 at Newegg and got a GTE wheel off ebay for $115. The TX only rotates 900 deg and lacks Play Station capability but I don't care about either of these.

13. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I think the T300RS also only has 2 pedals. No clutch pedal.