SOLVED Dedicated server: GetMod + Passworded server

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gijs van Elderen, Oct 3, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

We have developed a habit of cleaning up vmods, all old vmods are uninstalled and deleted before we start using the current one. mainly server side but we also advise members to do it locally if problems remain. it helped server access and client problems although I must admit its inconclusive, there doesn't seem to be one isolated issue, reports are too random and diverse it seems and not sure but each build seems to have its own particular gimmicks in this.

but its worth a shot anyways.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Apparently this has something to do with hosting multiple dedis on the same server. My league never does this, so that's why we probably never faced the issue. With multiple servers it seems getmod+password is problem.

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Perhaps the good hint, we are hosting multiple server at same time. So if ISI can check if it's the reason. On each profile I use I have a different port for the HTTP service (that may avoid issue?).

4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

jip, Multiple servers at the same time here! And all the ports have at least a 1000 in-between them.

I can switch 1 server to another machine. So hopefully we can temporarily fix that server.
    But it's impossible the go with more machines to host the leagues and fun races.

5. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

We`re using for each Dedicated Server different http port and different Simulation Port. When we start one passworded server only, same problem, getmod not working.

6. crz

crz Registered

I run multiple servers on the same host just fine. One user can't join if a password is set but I think it's a client specific problem.

I remember one day multiple users complained about not being able to download the vmod. I closed all servers, started just one of them and vmod download was working again. Then I started a second server and there it was again, no vmod download for the second server.

This was true until I rebooted the host, from then on I could run multiple servers again without any issues.
    I haven't been able to reproduce the issue to do some testing. Rebooting is no solution but maybe a workaround for those who can't migrate their servers to different hosts.

7. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

well, i did a couple of reboots too, nothing changed... :(

8. crz

crz Registered

Hmm already thought it's not much help... sorry to hear. Sadly I don't know what could have caused the vmod download on the second server to work again other than the reboot I did. Doesn't make much sense but that is all I did.

9. Gijs van Elderen

I've setup 1 server on another host machine, and that seems to work now. :cool: Some people are coming and going and i didn't gave them the Vmod, only a password.

I've tried 1 dedicated server on the main host before. It didn't work back then. But maybe with a reboot and setting them up again 1 by 1.

Thanx crz, for the tips... :rolleyes:

10. Gijs van Elderen

Nope, the reboot didn't work like it should

It worked with 1 server... and with a second server. But the problems came back after server 1 got restarted while server 2 was still running.
    No live timing or weather plugins were running or installed on those 2 servers.

Hopefully it will get fixed soon...

Because we are running 2 league servers and 2 fun race servers.
    The league servers are hooked to live timing and weather apps etc. We can't take down al servers, reboot the host and put everything back up again every day.

11. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Same issue here...

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

There is deferentially a bug with GetMod in 798+ when hosting multiple servers with the +profile option. If you already have the vmod you can join both servers fine. It seems like it's just the HTTP server that isn't handling the password right. Rebooting the servers will not fix this bug. The only server that will work is the server that gets started first. And again, it only impacts GetMod so if you want to test the bug you have to be sure to uninstall and delete the vmod between tests.

13. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Is ISI know and plan to adress this issue in a close build?

14. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Very good question! Since this problem has been reported in several threads, they should know...

15. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Right, I suppose too, now we need to wait for a fix.

16. McFlex

McFlex Registered

Does anyone know if this bug was fixed? We are facing the same problem right now. 1 machine 1 server at the moment and in standard server and prototype server mode the vmod download doesn't work as long as we use a password. At the moment we don't know if we are just too stupid to set everything up right or if the bug still exists :D

17. Gijs van Elderen

Jip, the bug is fixed. With build 880

But you'll need to stop the server and start it again with a new password.