Tiger Moth Aerodrome 1.02 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Thanks a lot for this great track !
    Great graphic performance, it's a real pleasure to drive historic cars in 3D !
    Track surface is very good too.
    R3 layout with EVE F2 is my favourite combo up to now : not too slow as the F3 and easier to drive than the F1 :)

2. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

I can't find the track once I have installed it, what is it called in game in the tracks list?

3. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Thanks for yet another addition! Not my favourite layouts but still quality work.

4. boxer

boxer Registered

5. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

For the given date @ lat/long yes. The strong brightness in the second picture is because you are facing the low sun in the horizon. You can see in the sun parabolae the sun at 4:30AM is already 5 degrees above the horizon.The extra bright over cars and bridge are your headlights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. boxer

boxer Registered

OK got it... I see your date is for July, I was think more of now October...
    Can a different date be set?

7. Tuttle

Not ingame.

8. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Some say..... Holy macaroni! That is an awesome track. I'm driving my favorite, URD's reasonably priced Venom and loving it

I'm a newbie and could be wrong about this but it seems to me those walls/dividers are made of Kryptonite and not concrete. Brush them even the slightest and they'll suck you in the same as if you had hit them straight on. No bounce at all, no escape.

Thanks for a great track!

JR

9. boxer

boxer Registered

OK thanks it explains a lot to me...I always thought the lighting was a bit of a mess but now I understand that tracks may be created for different dates. so setting to 4:00am should do the trick...

So this setting is track dependent?

Version R1 is outstanding(haven't tried the others)... thanks awesome job.

10. Tuttle

The date it's part of a group of static parameters as for Lat/Long and usually we set the date of a major event in there (not in that specific case), like a F1 race, for example. They're stored in the .GDB file.

The default time of the day it's also using a preset stored in the same file, but can be changed ingame.

Personally (talking for myself not for ISI...) I'd like a lot to see the date as another option to be changed ingame, but we still have the option for users to load a optional HDR profile, which is static and working properly just for that .GDB given date @ lat/lon. This means if you use an optional HDR profile for a different date, you may screw up the entire light, meanwhile the automated HDR it's calculating everything using realtime sun data so will give you the proper light output, no matter the date.

I know this may introduce a bit of incoherence with season environments...but sometimes I get beautiful combination of lights for specific seasons but we cant use it because we have to set the default date/time for the major GP in there. :)

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

People can't decide if they should allow themselves to enjoy driving, or even be allowed to drive at all, the other track-layouts until they know for sure wether those layouts are real or not. LOL, man some people crack me up.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2014
  12. boxer

boxer Registered

tried different cars from ISI and some I can get as close as I want ... no crashes. i.e( GTR/FR3.5) others crash when within 1' to 2' of the walls.
    This could be mod specific. If this was the track I would expected every car to crash.
    the images show the very beginning of the impact.

View attachment 14458 View attachment 14459

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Boxer, I believe the previous poster was referring to when you touch the wall (not an inch or 2 away). I totally see what he's saying. When being against the wall or fence in other tracks, it's often difficult, if not impossible, to drive away from them; it's like you car wants to stick alongside the wall or something.

14. Tuttle

There are 2 variables involved.

1) all barriers in the scene are collidable without using the fake vertical/flat and continuous invisible wall so, especially with TT cars, you may crash badly hitting the gaps between barriers causing a rigid collision. The pro is you'll get a crash just if you hit for real the barrier shape, the cons is the rigid collision itself. Stay away from barriers as you were driving in real life is the best option for now. :)

2) the collision body model of the car mod and undertray point positions used for the car. If one or both are wrong you may crash just overtaking another car or smash a wall 1 meter away from you.

15. boxer

boxer Registered

From taking a few cars around I believe #2 is what I'm seeing.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, those gaps are a giveaway unfortunately. We had a litany of weird collisions (using modified/converted mod and tracks for private league use) and got rid of 90% of them by fixing small gaps in tracks (gaps in between concrete blocks in walls, etc, but also very small geometry gaps in kerbs/aprons). Every now and then someone would 'clip' a kerb or low wall and go flying, and replays showed no part of the car really being close at all (few inches rather than metres... sorry to mix units there). Next version of the mod we redid the collision body (important I think... many rF1 collision bodies are 'spiky' or have holes) and undertray points and now gone quite a long time with no repeats of those collisions.

So it's manageable, but it's probably not something some track makers would be aware of. Leagues tend to encounter issues and try to fix them (rather than moving on / giving up), I am a little surprised ISI have done a track with these blocks when they could put in simplified collision objects with shapes very close to that of the graphical ones (I use simple rectangular prisms, but all our fences/walls are vertical so it's a very close match regardless) as part of the original track pieces and have those replicated all the way around. But maybe they overestimated their collision improvements, or just weren't expecting the effects to be so bad. I'm sure they'll do something to improve it at some point, anyway.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah I'd also say there's a fairly simple solution... just don't touch the barriers. :D

18. Nelson

Nelson Registered

very nice track. thank you, ISI. I like to run the R2 layout with the indycars. Not always easy to find the right braking points...but a lot of fun :cool:

19. deBorgo83

deBorgo83 Registered

The track is beautiful. Thanks ISI, great job.

Just want to say, I strongly agree with this. Start lobbying, Tuttle! ;)

20. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

The lack of brake marker boards actually makes this track even more fun and more of a challenge.

It's so cool having to spot tiny little details to pick your braking spots instead of having huge boards. Similar to the magnificent and stunningly beautiful Middle Spain track. :)

For sure ISI has set the bar really high with Tiger Moth. Such a unique, immersive, dangerous and beautiful venue. :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2