Tiger Moth Aerodrome 1.02 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 30, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Lola Ai is knackered at lots of tracks, they either drive like slot cars or crash , no happy medium as you get with ISI

Nothing to do with the track.

Lola is not up to the new build standards imo, it needs redoing, chassis tyres physics and ai.

2. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

What we know is the R1 may cause a bit of problems with Howston, especially with high agression settings. This car needs to brake WAY early than other historics, so I think at some point we may release a small patch for this layout. As for other cars I can't replicate what you're describing. F2 are working good, as for F3.5 and Indycars. I personally had few blast races with the DW12 @ R1. A safety car, but that's a must for a such dangerous place. Same for F1, F3 / EVE historics. Flawless driving.

As I said, the issue we can reproduce are Howstons crashing on the slow chicane, especially when too aggressive.

About the TT track; this layout it's not intended to be a race layout. You have an AI because we need one to make things working, and you can use it to learn the track, but the TT still remains a point to point track to make single laps with one car.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Rather watch paint dry, I never understood why anyone would race any combo offline that sucks.

Why waste time with a race where cars " pile up at a chicane" .......................whats the point. ?

Better yet forget Ai and get online and support rF2

or try F3 like I said you want a decent race there, at least those work proper.

4. Tuttle

You can drive the entire runway using the TT layout without cones, using the right side of the track to avoid the barrier but, believe me, it's boring like watching a sleeping fish...unless you're testing a Bugatti Veyron or a Dragster...or landing with a Antonov An-225. :)

5. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Yeah makes sense. I'm getting very close to giving up on third party stuff altogether. Bugs just keep nipping at you every direction you turn. Sad.

ISI please make a T280.

6. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Oh don't worry. I won't be racing this combo offline unless changes are made. I was just reporting my observations on case helpful. Trust me I have too many awesome combos I haven't even scratched the surface of what's possible with. Good time, indeed. I have no complaints ; not even close. Loving every minute with rF2...

7. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Hi!

I don't know if anybody has noticed this already but in the spinnerview i get 5 configurations to choose from, while i'm getting only 4 in list view. Don't know if its a bug with the track or if it just happens on my side.

8. Tuttle

You should see this:

[​IMG]

9. Tuttle

And, of course, if you're seeing just 4 icons in the menu it's because they don't fit in the UI so you've to scroll to the right to see the 5th. :)

10. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Just to follow up, I tried Spark F1 at TT and AI are very strong which is great and it is understood that this is a bonus since TT track is not intended for racing but very cool that it works for some as it is very fun to race on IMO.

11. Stephen Bacchus

Stephen Bacchus Registered

Compliments where its due. Just turned a few laps on layout 2 with the Howston G4, highly entertaining with the rear end trying to break away on every corner. The way it just drifts through the last corner is terrific :D How an earth did the race these things back in the day, death trap!!!

12. Justy

Justy Registered

First of all, thankyou very much for the great track(s) ISI. I've been having a hoot on the R1 and R2 layouts, with the rest still to try.

A couple of minor things I've noticed.

1.) Contact with the temporary barriers seems to have somewhat unpredictable results. At least in my eyes, it looks unnatural the way the cars react, if you catch one. This could just be me, I appreciate in the videos I've uploaded, I'm carrying a fair amount of speed and slower impacts do seem less severe, but even so... for racing, especially online racing, this might be a bit much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo6PVKvUR-A&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0zP_ocomoI

I know, I know, I should stop hitting the barriers. ;) :rolleyes:

2.) Very minor thing, not really worth mentioning to be fair. But, on the loading screen for the R1 layout (not in the track selection screen). The pit exit looks to be in the wrong place. It looks ok for the R2 layout and I haven't tried the other variations yet, but just thought I'd put it out there. I was going to post a screengrab, but for some reason the upload keeps failing.

Other than that, LOVE it! Thankyou!

Cheers
    Justin

13. smbrm

smbrm Registered

Straight line testing has never been anything other than boring. There was a great track for it in Rf1! It was way longer and a good length for the task.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I can say that I had big issues with the Nissan GTR on R1. It seems as if the AI doesn't have a clue how wide the is car is, and keeps clipping the red and white striped barriers with horrendous consequences.

Maybe I should turn down the aggression a bit? I have it at 30 percent now with 100 percent strength.

I didn't have any problems with the Brabhams, the Honda Civics or the the Indy Cars.

Otherwise I am having a complete blast with these new layouts! What a completely unique and cool feeling this place has to it. Especially one corner, the fast left corner leading onto the back straight, so much fun and so beautiful racing into the sunset. Wow!

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

15. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

It seems that its a bit bugged on my end with the 5th layout i did you a screen. I found it but its splitted somehow.
    [​IMG]

16. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I had the same issue (explained in previous post). I fixed it by uninstalling some other tracks I never drove. I guess 'changing' like this the track configuration fix it. That look like a big badabug in the list view, it's supposed to stay on Alphabetical order AFAIK. Not a big deal, but possibly highlighting a dangerous problem sleeping somewhere in the code ;)

17. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I see the same, but I'm using the minimalist UI

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

This is rFactor (2) being too accurate for its own good. A lot of games would simplify all those blocks and treat them as a wall, completely avoiding this issue.

Of course, the other side of the equation is that car bodies (and tyres/wheels) have no 'give' in them. If you're travelling at speed and hit a small gap like that it will probably just bend the bodywork a little, with repeated hits possibly leading to more permanent damage than a few scratches. rF2 doesn't have any give, so what should be a relatively minor impact turns into... well... hitting a concrete wall. Most rF/2 made tracks (including ISI) basically avoid this by having armco or solid walls in each track piece, so that when the entire layout is made the fences/walls join neatly and form a continuous barrier.

Converted tracks more often have blocks like this, and the 'easiest' way I've found to deal with them is to create simplified proxies that can be welded together. So the detailed objects you see are non-collidable, while the simplified collision objects are invisible.

For what it's worth the latest build notes mentioned these sorts of collisions should be reduced a little, but I don't know it'll ever be eliminated without some allowance for body deformation etc.

19. Justy

Justy Registered

Interesting, cheers for the info Lazza.

I wonder if ISI would consider something like the work-around you describe. I did actually wonder about how the car deformation (or lack of it) might be a factor too. Just a thought, but do you think it would help, or even be realistically possible for ISI to make these temporary barriers move slightly on impact? I don't mean so that you can knock them into the next county, but so they are effectively tethered and a glancing blow, will cause it to move slightly and soften the impact a little, then after a given amount of time/laps, they are reset. But if you hit it hard, then it doesn't go skittling across to the other side of the track, or leave a hole in the barriers and still punishes bad driving.

I dunno, just thinking aloud.

I guess there's a good chance, it wouldn't make any difference to the collision and is probably a bit overkill anyway. :rolleyes:

Your solution sounds much more feasible. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  20. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

Thanks ISI. These combo's provide excellent entertainment. One remark I have, and one I've read here before, is about the extreme reactions to hitting, or even only clipping the barriers. Just clipped the wall a couple of times when driving almost 100% parallel to it, and I was flung off the track.