Tiger Moth Aerodrome 1.02 Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Indeed, very well done!!

Yes

2. stonec

stonec Registered

The tracks/cars list gets messed if you have multiple versions of same track name installed. The logic that the list uses is primitive, it just looks for track/car name in GDB, it doesn't handle different versions. So if you install two versions of a car/track, only one will show, sometimes they will get separated in the list.

3. Sentri

Sentri Registered

I have the same problem. Mine is split into 3, R1 is under one Tiger Moth 1.02 listings. R3 and both test track layouts in another Tiger Moth 1.02 listings and R2 is at the very bottom of my track listing under it's own Tiger Moth 1.02 list.

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Interesting. I have a question, would you guys ever add new layouts? I saw this some 10 days ago at VirtualR, an user posted a question about the following layout and it could perhaps be great for the 60s cars:

[​IMG]

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

i'm pretty sure I don't have any mods with several versions variant installed. I always remove previous one before installing a new version, and delete the old one too in the directory. In any case I will check this point, thanks!

Yep, nearly same thing : One Tiger Moth 1.02 with the first 2 layout, and a second Tiger Moth 1.02 later (with ISI and non-ISI tracks in between) with the 2 remaining tracks. I'll try to clean all my mods and reinstall one by one to see if it fix the problem...

6. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

This track...more so than any previously released for this sim, seems to be very well optimized.
    I forgot to change my settings back to the 8xAA, 8xAF setting I normally run, after running benchmarks test for the past few days.
    I was still getting above 100 fps in the exterior fwd view during an online race with eight opponents and starting sixth.
    More important, the scenery seems much more 'fluid' than at any other track as it 'whizzes' by.
    Thanks ISI.

7. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Indeed there are MANY potential layouts, even using parts of the old concrete runway. Yeah, we'll see in the future. Never say never. :)

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I run default aggression and 100% speed on the AI, they rarely will have issues for me, though turn 1 is the most common when they do.

9. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

AI are very slow in TT I can easily keep up at 120% with T280 without even practicing.

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I have that with Mills, in the packaging the B and C layouts are available in v1.15.

Same here, 100% speed and 59% aggression. All cars seem to struggle getting off the line and that is exacerbated in the old vehicles as they create a pendulum effect that throws off their balance. I was too frustrated to run vs the AI on layouts other than Top Gear (Training or TT), where they're monstrously off pace.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Let's first make sure to use ISI cars for the AI comparisons.

Then, how can the results be so different if the basic settings are the same? Something strange is happening that such glaring issues wouldn't get caught in testing, or, they aren't really issues except for certain people's installations that may have been "adjusted?" Or...???

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I post based only off ISI cars, third-party work is only useful when posting for comparison or compatibility. As I wrote, DW12 and Howston G4.

13. 88mphTim

As stated, I do not have any problems with default AI settings, regardless of car used. :) There's been a couple of crashes in T1, but it's realistic to expect some.

14. 88mphTim

Profile page added.

15. smbrm

smbrm Registered

It might be nice to have access to the full runway with a turnaround at each end for straight line testing?

16. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It is realistic to expect some but I've had repeated, back to back to back to back to back instances of it. Also on the TT version the AI is several seconds off the pace, even braking into the follow through.

17. 88mphTim

As it's not a race layout I wouldn't expect decent AI there. You don't want them holding your lap record if you put yourself under AI control, etc. Try 25% aggression.

Also, the cars you are trying, is the talent varied? Some of our stuff the drivers all perform pretty much the same and they don't work as well together as something where the talent was setup better like the DW12 or F2, etc.

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I've only been driving the DW12, the 2014 F-Renault, and G4 Howston (1967 base car) :).

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Oh brother, I wasn't paying attention. I hope it's only the race layouts that people are trying to race a field of AI on.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I just took the Eve F1 and the car drifted a bit wide on the follow through, I was given a drive-thru penalty for cutting the track.