ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes, you are surely correct. The point isn't that they are different, but which one provides some (or the better) useful reference to make sounds for the sim version of the car here. I know which one I would use :)

2. Travis

Travis Registered

I've donated as well - for 2.50 Euro's I can't pass this mod up given the feedback :cool:

Edit: these cars are a little on the 'heavy' side regarding the frame rate degradation; turning off the soft particles road and environment relfections saw the frame rate head back above 60fps with a full grid of ASR3 cars at Toban (FWIW, I run 23 AI of URD's T5 cars at the same track with the graphical settings all at max).

For future reference, one needs to press the "Return to donations coordinator" yellow button whilst in PayPal to get the download link ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  3. atlantakat

atlantakat Registered

I also recommend using a browser other than IE. For me, the download link in IE pulls up a bunch of code in Note pad and freezes my machine. Looks like I will have to donate again (which is fine given all the great stuff ASR has given us over the years) and use Chrome.

4. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

do not need to donate again, contacted the form to get the link!

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

What is the ASR3 1.1 update about?

6. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

physic

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks! The rear of the car behaves better now and the car is also more natural feeling over bumps. Whatever you did worked well!

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The sounds on the new v1.0 of the 99T are reversed in volume. The car engine sound is too quiet while the external sound of the opponent cars is much too high (in proportion to each other). The car feels great, though! Lovely to drive.

9. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

regarding phisics, we have discovered how to best adapt the physic according to the position of the model, from now, each car will have a more natural feeling

10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

:) :) :)

They were already better than most, so this is awesome news!

11. bwana

bwana Registered

Thanks Travis for link heads up. Looks like l will have to donate again as l had no clue..

edit. No yellow button now that session is closed. Was expecting an email as per previous buys..

edit..couldn't get button without re payment but that's cool ,have a few coffees!! thanks guys.

EDIT ... F3 's are great fun to race ,excellent textures . no issues with frame rate at all, 110+ with full field at toban max everything.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2016
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for the updated (v.1.1) Squadra Corse Polito - SCXX! The sounds are now great and I assume pretty close to reality.

I still have no virtual mirror when I use this car. I hope that's on the to-do list and not on purpose (even though these cars seem to have no mirrors in real life, we need a rear view for simming in our pretend cockpits and environments).

Also, I think most FFB wheels will have some trouble with the extremely sharp steering. Not your fault--it affects the ISI karts, too. It somehow compresses the FFB a bit too much. Just changing the default Steering Lock to 11.5 makes a huge improvement on my rig. You might want to consider using that or closer to that because more people will have a positive experience when they first try the car.

Anyone who does not have these rocket-powered over-sized go karts should get this mod right away! They are a blast to drive and a perfect learner car (better than the Skippy by a long shot).

13. TheGrunt

TheGrunt Registered

ASR3 truly is a wonderful package. Car is a really good introductory open wheeler for getting the basics right. You probably need to make some setup adjustments to get the car working right on certain track, but this is definitely a car to learn that too. So, if you find faster open wheelers a frustrating experience, then I suggest you to spend a price of a cup of coffee and get these before jumping to some main series. I yesterday took a short race with 1.1 and ISI Sao Paolo and had blast against 25 or so AI. I had the default weather with some rain and you can definitely control these cars with slicks with mild amounts of water quite well, while with more powerful cars, I at least start to struggle very easily. I of course spun badly at some point even with these and wrecked my car simply because I just suck at rain, but up until that it was all just pure awesomeness, every moment :D.

So, for beginners and veterans alike, get ASR3. It is really good at 1.1 and offers a fun and tight racing experience.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1

And knowing ASR, they will continue to improve all aspects of the car with regular updates...

15. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Luigi Rivellini and Robert Davies :)
    Also nice homage today on asrformula.com.

16. boxer

boxer Registered

and further down you have a gift:D

Great job on the ASR3

Thank you

17. Jaromir Bergmann

Jaromir Bergmann Registered

pls send me the original F1 ASR 1992 season with heavy steering FFB (and no driver arms in cockpit). it is version 1.3 I guess

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
  18. cosimo

cosimo Registered

Just came here to say this: the Ferrari F2004 is such a masterpiece!
    For me, it's hands down the best ASR F1 car so far. The scream of the engine with its 20,000 rpm is fabulous.
    Thanks ASR! I have donated multiple times already but I will do it again.

19. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

[​IMG] running the F2004

20. west1785

west1785 Registered

The passwords sent in March are no longer valid?