ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. RNeves

RNeves Registered

The seasons I'd love to see being made are those from the 80's, when the boost pressures went up to 5.5 bar!

High power and very slow response turbos have to be fun as hell

2. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Thx Alessandro!

3. Woodee

Woodee Registered

hahaha

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Nice :D

It would be great if you could post your workflow (zmodeller is unusual).

Myself and others would find it useful to know how these cars are created and what you use. Just a numbered list would do.

5. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

For new model we use 3dsmax, gp3 series for example. but for old our 1990 cars model was born to zmodeler.

6. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

Hi guys,

I am the new sound designer for the content of ASR in rFactor 2 and Assetto Corsa. Some of you might know me from "Formula Corsa Modding" where I created the sound for the Williams FW31/FW37 and Mercedes W06 for Assetto Corsa. Later I started to work on the Ferrari F2002 for AC which was released on racedepartment recently.

In the future I will keep you updated about my future rFactor 2 soundprojects for ASR and give you some previews about my sounds before they are released.

Some of you noticed that the Williams FW18 of ASR hitted Beta stage a couple of days ago. This is my first car for ASR in rF2 where my sound is publicly released, so I wanted you to give you a chance to listen to my work.

Soundpreview

[rF2 ASR] Williams FW18 onboard

I hope you enjoy it :D

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I did...very much :)

Not sure how it translates in-game, but some more bass would be helpful. The upper ranges are already appropriately spine-tingling.

8. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Sounds good so far. I love brutal screaming engines. After physics it's one of the most important things maybe not only for me. I think the sound is one of the most impressive things when you're watching a race. Sadly it isn't easy to make good engine sounds a easy and realistic way. So keep on good work.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

9. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Welcome here Ferrariman, sound is good :)

10. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

greatttt!

11. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

I'd love to try the FSAE.... shame it's not online.

12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The original release had some issues. I am sure the updated one will be out soon.

13. Flaux

Flaux Registered

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

15. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

16. TheScrapanator

TheScrapanator Registered

I would also like to see 1980-1991 cars worked/reworked on.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Lovely at mid-range and upper-end, but again missing the bass. Just compare to real high quality recordings. The downshift gear changes alone will scare you with the impact. The exhaust produces massive bass effects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoZiTxdQyw (Not particularly high quality, but enough to get the idea.)

Not sure if you can adjust?

18. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Yep I agree to marc. Downshift sound have to hit you straight in your face. ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9301I mit Tapatalk

19. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

While I try to figure out how to fix my bass issue with my 1995 Ferrari 412T2 Sound - which is clearly more than adding more bass to my sample. i have to go more into detail to solve this issue - I still have more to share with you guys.

Ferrari 641 - released in version 1.0 already - will get a new sound in the future aswell. The sound contains fresh created samples specifically for the Ferrari 641.

Soundpreview

[Preview rF2 AC ASR] Ferrari 641 onboard

[Preview rF2 AC ASR] Ferrari 641 external

I hope you enjoy it :D

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This one is much better in terms of capturing the full range of sound. It could still be pushed further, but is definitely headed in the right direction.

The downshift "hit you straight in your face" sound may be extremely difficult to program (I don't know). The transmission/gear box itself is certainly noisy compared to a street car, but the "smack in the face" effect is actually coming from the exhaust as the engine revs get blipped automatically by the computer in the car (rev matching). The quick change in revs causes back pressure that comes out the exhaust in a bang. I don't even know if rF2 simulates that? If not, then either the sound is missing, or, if you program it into the downshift sound, you will get the same sound at each downshift, which you do not in real life. If you are pushing the car and downshifting quickly and forcing higher revs, you will get a big bang. If you are diddling through the pit lane at a steady speed and downshift, it would produce a much smaller effect.

Anyway, I also wanted to say that these sounds are wonderful overall and it is great that someone is paying attention to the very important area of sound that is often ignored. Even ASR's original '92 series mod has amazing quality and varied sounds and some of the models in between have been fantastic. Thanks also for being willing to experiment and tweak to get something truly impressive as an end result. Since the graphics and physics guys do the same, it's why ASR mods are at the top of the heap :)