ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Can anyone record some broadcast/cockpit camera laps with the beautiful yellow beast?

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

The 99T is quite the beast to drive!! A couple of feedback points, though. The 99T mirrors in cockpit view work perfectly out of the box. The real car side view mirrors and the centre mirror in the sim are all pointed exactly where they should be pointed. Sadly, this is not the case for any other ASR cars that I can recall. Can we get this new wonderful feature transported to the older cars?

Also, the opponent engine sound when running a field of the 99T's is way too loud. You can hear cars that are nowhere near you and out of sight. The engine of the 99T itself is maybe just a bit too quiet (by comparison to the Ferrari's at least).

As usual, they are ALL a total blast to drive. Very fun.

3. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

video should be up in around 30min. For 1080p@60 it should take a little more time to process.

Agree with you Marc, this car is quite the beast. Lots of fun trying to figure out how to handle it :D

4. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Ooo that's nice! About the issue, turn down opponent sound by 20-30%, see if it helps. About the piece I didn't include in my quote, they have stated before they try implementing all latest in-house improvements to their existing work. I believe that's one of the reasons the 1992 LE mod pack has been removed from the downloads.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Of course turning down opponent sound will fix the issue, but at the expense of making every other car and mod that is properly calibrated too quiet, including all the other ASR cars. The authors are the only ones who can properly fix this.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

From the footage I have seen, any chance of the later digital panel? Also, the tachometer on the right moves exactly along the RPM, I thought the right was the pressure (which doesn't look adjustable in the garage)? The front tires look a little larger but I could be mistaken without seeing proper images.

7. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Cockpit and dash/motec will be update.....of course!

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Sweet stuff :).

I drove the 95 and 96 Ferraris and since they have the same physics, this applies to both. It feels like there's too much aerodynamic dependency for grip and a very oversteery nature to the car. Wings seem to need to be about 4 units below at the front to stabilize that though then there is too much push when cornering.
    I did try playing around with tire pressure and reduced front camber, gently increased rear at one point, the most minute attempts at tweaking the rear bumps and toe, and also the differentials. The sounds seem a bit muffled and especially on the 1996 car, it seems "distant." Thanks for the continued work!

9. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

sound need fix, thanks

10. Sean McGowan

Sean McGowan Registered

Hi,

Great work, I'm having a blast with the 99t...Very impressed.

Cheers,

Sean

11. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

Trying to download the 99T but a username and password is required.

I've made several donations but can't work out what username/password i'm meant to use - email as username is not working and can't find anywhere on the website to create an account.

Thanks in advance.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Donators receive the username and password via e-mail.

13. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

Thanks for the reply. I've only received a paypal receipt via email which was the case back in August too when I first donated. Is this what you are referring to or should I receive a separate email?
    Can't see any login details within the paypal email.

14. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Yes separate email, check your spam email box.

15. V12_Ben

V12_Ben Registered

Ah of course... many thanks.

16. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

Question: I am able to do a 1:10 at Interlagos with 91 McLaren. Real 91 pole is 1:16... A little off you think? sooo... Maybe take a closer look at the tire/aero data? Also, the 91 Mclarec was a full manual, but you have it set up for paddles (semi auto). Are these meant to be "realistic" or just fun to drive?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  17. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Yes, but track is not the same also.

18. PearceYaussy

PearceYaussy Registered

It's pretty much the same

19. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Registered

Interlagos (Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace) is built on a landfill, you can imagine what that entails....

20. ggpiucco

ggpiucco Registered

As long as the cars feel like what we think they did back then, I'm OK with faster lap times. I am better than Senna, Prost, Mansell after all. ;)

But if ASR keeps the feeling while coming closer to the lap times, I won't complain.