ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

^^lol, I hope you are joking. :\

2. Rik

Rik Registered

Thanks

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thank you [emoji3]

4. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

Hello everyone, ASR Formula announces work in progress for Lotus 99T of the 1996 season!
    [​IMG]

Also we release a new version 1.3 of the F310 with a little fix.
    [​IMG]

Finally will be release the 412T2 v1.0 in a few days, stay tuned.
    [​IMG]

5. Woodee

Woodee Registered

1986 :p

6. alesanchez

alesanchez Member

There is a problem with the F310, mas file missing. I uploading a right version.....sorry. Please wait 30 minutes and try again the download.
    Ale

7. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

mmh, i'm not joking, is an experiment, other little change will be permitted, but will not be permitted exasperated adjustments for every single detail, surely all you need to adapt your driving style.
    Many people say that rFactor 2 is too complex for even a pastime.

We think rFactor 2 is also capable to use as hit and run.

P.S.:probably a complex physics can be created as a separate update

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2015
  8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This is similar in concept to the 1992 league edition. It's not realistic, but it can be a lot of fun. It's always better to have two versions (one for simple fun and one that is realistic), but since you are providing either/both for free, we will be happy to accept whatever you chose.

9. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

This view is a way of loving rFactor 2 and make him loved, there are those who love him already as it is now as me, maybe the occasional user loves him not. A mod that comes with this mentality, probably will push someone using and loving rFactor 2 with "simcade" mindset, maybe then also he appreciates the "spirit of pure simulation"

10. trollray

trollray Registered

1986 season is possible? Done by one of the best modding group for me?
    Am i dreaming?

Oh dear, i love you guys :ppp
    Thanks again for your work and passion.
    (i need to go for another donation ) ;))

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

1987 :p

lel, you guys...

12. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You have succeeded at proving that. The Ferrari 310 is extremely easy to drive and push, it's geared towards the more arcade idea of fun - as in, pick up and drive, easy to control and run the same pace. I actually struggled the first 3 laps I did in classic Imola because I was trying to treat it like a Formula car.

Perhaps you could develop the "real" driving version but enable the easy physics in the Tuning menu. Win-win.

13. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

However, a friend of mine, who drove a formula (Formula 3000) and also one of the 96 F1, not this ferrari, says that driving the F1 is so, almost no oversteer, understeer at very low speeds, very sense of speed, which missing in our simulators, the hardest thing to to endure was the effect of a blender in car, but never exists in the world that cars are soaps. so much so much grip. And above all, little, little time and laps to develop a setup.

14. Minibull

Minibull Member

I'm always one to err on the side of "soaps", having seen a billion times how we drive differently in sim vs real life. Especially as things only seem to get soapy when you do things "wrong".

Very much enjoying your teams work, so good to see you always chipping away with your work :D

15. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I'm pretty sure in real life you could of adjusted tyre pressures and camber....

Personally, if you wanted to limit the options or how much could be changed, give less room to which the car can be changed. Maybe only allow the pressure to go down only 10psi, or the ride height to be moved up or down by 1.0cm. Having no options to do basic stuff is something I don't like or agree with. Giving some room to change stuff would be good.

16. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I totally agree with you, this way you cater to different type of players.
    Users should be able to have a quick fun with nice looking cars, without having to be race engineers.
    If as an option, people interested in racing engineering, as I am, can have at their disposal more sophisicated tuning options, it's the icing on the cake.
    Well done and well thought.

Cheers.

17. Stratoliner

Stratoliner Registered

Hi everybody...

The F310 is a very nice car and the idee limiting the setup is good in my opinion. But within my instalation of rFactor it is not possible to select version 1.0.6 for some "engenering fun"....

Unfortunately, there is rarely an event with the asr-cars on the rFactor server.
    would be great if that would be more in the future.

Markus Müller

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
  18. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

And some of us, dont think its good at all. Dynamic setups are the very foundation of Grand Prix. Its the spirit of the cars that are driven. Fixed setups take away the realism of F1. Take that away, and you might as well play need for speed. :/ IMO, it's dumbing down the best mod in rF2.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The Assetto version is supposed to give us what we want, looking forward to it and hoping it can be translated into rF2 at some point. By all means as I stated before, Sderenno achieved what he wanted and even with unlocked settings I struggle to believe there would be any realism, if anything unlocking the stuff could lead to absurd setups and exploits.

20. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

Their mod, they can do what they want with it, I will just no longer support it, if its limited.