ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. TJones

TJones Registered

Thank's a lot !!

2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thank you very much! :)

If desired I'd gladly offer a few points of feedback

3. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

Many thanks!!

4. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

At the moment we are working in two directions, a revised version of the 1.7 with some updates to promote the leagues that use this mod and a version with many graphics update, as the animated pilot, tires, rims, hubs, seats, cockpits, new display and other.

5. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Do you like new gloves ? ;)

6. Ferrari64

Ferrari64 Registered

Any servers running with the newest Ferrari 1.5 and McLaren 1.0?

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Still the best mod cars available... in all details. The only cars giving me a boner just looking at them in garage view (especially naked... :D )

Very notable change in physics... 10 seconds off the laptime at Spa with default setup versus custom-made earlier setup on previous version. I like it, now it doesn't feel like the car is trying to kill me all the time, but still needs some respect and skill to move fast.

However, I hope sooner or later we're done with physics changes ;) I keep having to rebalance my offline AI and redo my setups...

8. Soulfly84

Soulfly84 Registered

New Mclaren drive like ah Indycar...Same Wings, Same Fuel, no Rain Tires enable...

9. boxer

boxer Registered

Outstanding work (sounds/visuals/ffb/feel)

These beasts at
    Lester are
    pure magic.

Many thanks.

10. Matt A

Matt A Registered

These is my favourite rf2 mod right now, some serious talent here.

Thank you so much for doing your work with rf2 and not dropping it like so many other mod teams.

This is why I think rf2 is the premier platform, I just don't think this would feel so good anywhere else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Fantastic mod! Thank you very much.

Did anyone else notice the jitter/interlacing on the sidewalls of the tires (especially in cockpit view) or has it to do with my gfx settings?

12. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i have to say at the moment i agree with this. got a new shifter & was messing around w/ cars that use sequentials, jumping from sim to sim...rf2 just blew me away in that direct kind of comparison. this sim is capable of so much & its quite sad to see it neglected by so many.

13. TwoHardCore

TwoHardCore Registered

I've never been around Putnam park as fast as I've been with your 2 beauties. What great fun these cars are to drive! Thanks for sharing.

14. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Hahahahaha. Si signore, I did :p.

Mildly. I had more flickering of dashboard materials, like the RPM and other icons.

15. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Phisycs is the same, but different engine, different wheelbase, different trackwidth, Rain tires works, tires wear is different.

IMHO DW12 is the only car that drives like a open wheel car.

how many cars have you seen to go into a spin in the races? few, almost none, also driven by an incompetent should not be into a spin at every turn.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2015
  16. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^Yes that rear spin out tendency is much better now, still needs respect but much nicer on large distance, only biting in laps where you really push for tenths.

And while the car is certainly not nerfed or simplified, I think on PC without lateral G-Force we need a bigger window to react on spins (in real world, you feel them a lot earlier).

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I hope the physics never get locked-down if there is room for improvement. Yes, it's annoying to update, but welcome to rF2--the whole sim operates as an ever-evolving enterprise.

I too get a bit of flickering of the dash LEDs that seems to be related to reflections.

18. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

We like rF2 because it feels, nothing seems scripted in it.

Naturally some things on other sims are beautiful, but this is good.

I think rF2 will improve also looking other sims, as well as other sim will improve looking RF2, is not a war because I think that every SimDriver should have them all and try them all

19. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

it is true, even with the oculus rift it feels the car much earlier and go into a spin or not realizing the danger of a curve is more difficult, but we get into philosophical discourses. :)

Even the sense of speed on a monitor is busted, a F1 on a SIM is expected to reach at least the 400kmh to make that feeling, but then does not simulate, or simulates better?

20. TJones

TJones Registered

Both cars are a little bit easier to control at the limit than former versions, but still a challange to drive really fast.
    I found a lot of changes in the setup options, first thing fuel max is only 54L, shouldn't it be 200?
    In default setup there is no use of ARB's, don't know if this was usual these days. Also i can set rideheight a lot higher than before, which is good IMO.
    I remember to read somwhere, that these cars where setup usually very low/hard and drove a lot on packers.
    I'm glad you brought back engine-brakemapping. I'm not sure if differential-pump was already possible.

Always a joy to drive and to look at in replay, thank you for sharing your hard work Sderenno!