ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Nelson

Nelson Registered

you can login in paypal in another broswer tab and then use their donate link so you have palpal in your language.

2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I love lots of movement, shaking, banging, vibrations, etc. However when I went from stock FOV (and #s around stock like 50-60) to a low FOV for my triple screen setup, then I noticed that the movements are sometimes too much - depends how the particular mod was made. I'm assuming most modders use a the default FOV for tuning this kind of stuff, so when you lower your FOV, especially to something like 20 or 30, then that movement is going to seem way more to you. Technically, as you rightfully said, the movement doesn't change, but it seems like it changes to us because a movement of let's say 0.5 cm (on our screen) with a high FOV, will now be, for eg., 2 cm since everything is more zoomed-in when using a lower FOV. That's why I asked what your FOV is.

It shouldn't be too bad at 50 though, you should try it at 18, lol.

P.S. I normally play with triple-screens, but when I was trying to decide what FOV to use for my videos (single screen), I had a difficult time deciding between 50 degrees and 45. I ended-up going with 45. Have you tried 45? It's nice. You can always move your seat further back to help with peripheral view.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

So far, the ASR mods are not designed to be totally realistic (the 1992 set or this one and presumably the rest of 1991). This works well for league racing. The authors said "historic" AKA realistic versions with different and accurate performance per vehicle may get released later.

These are so fun to drive in part because they have artificially high grip.

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I was commenting on latest versions above while away and hadn't had time to try them. The head movement on both the 643 and the McLaren is back to "normal." The exaggerated movement is gone. Is that only on my rig?

EDIT: Bizarre!! A couple of hours later and I go in to drive the 643 again and the head movement is back. No reboot. Same track. ??? I guess it was a strange glitch that disabled the head movement the first time I tried these. A glitch I would like to be able to replicate...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
  5. boxer

boxer Registered

How do you use the link? I only see I think Italian Language page no matter what I do :-(

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

...and I have the strange milky-looking surface/reflections on the body work that I did not have previously. But I upgraded my video driver at the same time as moving to 1.2/0.7 of these beauties, so not sure if that had any effect? Others have mentioned this long ago, so??

7. Shamrock

Shamrock Registered

I think you should read the first post.

They said nothing about a later date, this IS the historic version.

8. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Default downforce seems to be medium/high (I think it's 16/8 or such, from 20/10 available).

I'm currently working to get my times for Spa down, and with the default while it corners really nice, you can't get over 300 on the straights. I think the physics are realistic (they are quite different for McLaren and Ferrari) but just like URD the cars are presented so that you can "work down" from a stable driving start, unlike ISI which delivers racer setups where I have to "work up" to get a driveable experience.

Marc, I don't think the latest versions changed anything on reflections.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Downloading v1.2, many thanks

10. rickyb

rickyb Registered

Can someone please help me, I am new and need to figure out how to install this mod. I bought rfactor just for this mod, so I downloaded the link and saved it to my packages. Now when I go to mod manager I can't see it to try to install it. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong?

11. boxer

boxer Registered

I assume you bought rFactor2 (not rFactor 1)... BTW welcome to rF2
    in mode manager make sure you have all options on at the top enabled.. (make sure Mod/Components are checked )....
    then on the package directory if the directory you have the mod in is lot listed click the "B" button and navigate through your directories to the correct path..
    once you have done that the easiest way to find what's not installed is to click the installed header at the top of the list view... so the NO items are a the top
    (may need to click it twice)... it's a toggle...

So now the ASR should be at the top... select it and click the install button... (or right click on it and select install from the pop up menu)
    It's very easy... report back if you still have any issues..

12. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Maybe you have not activated your RF2 version or downloaded the Demo, where I think there are no additional mods working.

13. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just extract the rar file into your package folder. The mod manager can`t read/install *.rar *.zip etc packages.

14. Nelson

Nelson Registered

Yes, you're right. It remains Italian. Maybe you can use google translator. It worked for me somehow some months ago when their season set became available.
    Anyway, I left Sderenno a note. Maybe getting rid of the language barrier here would bring in more donors.

15. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

16. rickyb

rickyb Registered

So I think I got it, but let me make sure please. So when I click download do I save the .rar file to packages folder in rfactor? or do I save the file somwhere else in my computer and then extract it to my rfactor/packages folder? And when I unzip it, does it automatically become a .rfcmp file? sorry to bother everyone, but can someone maybe list the steps they took to get this car from start to finish, thanks.

17. tjc

tjc Registered

The download will come in a zip file. Unzip it and then you`ll then have a .rfcmp file which gets placed in the rf2 Packages folder and installed through mod manager. :)

Drive... :)

18. boxer

boxer Registered

19. rickyb

rickyb Registered

Thanks everyone, I am now enjoying this car!!

20. Arandor

Arandor Registered

Wow:D
    I've planned to sit down and check this mod maximum in 2-3 laps ... when I finished, I've realized that 45 minutes was gone :)
    Awesome car!