[REL] EGT Skinpack LM24H/WEC/TUSCC/Misc

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Fraggon, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

I'm planning on Virtual Rides. That way it will work as URD releases their updates. Its the way I have them set up on my PC, and it works well for me, just like how it looks using the .rfcmp.

Just got permission from NCIS to release his skins as well. So you should have a quite a few cars to work with in the not too distant future :)

2. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

What do you mean "work"? More work coming my way??? :))))
    Awesome news! I wonder if it is possible to re-skin steering wheels? BMW steering wheel have fake colors I believe.

Regarding Virtual Rides - you have them in independent class with no clashing, selectable in single player, right?
    Will virtual ride cars have real/fixed driver names? If so, I could release a spotter sound pack for those names, shall there be permission/interest.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 26, 2016
  3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Thanks for the conversion, Chris. You're saving me a bit of time digging around for them and redoing it myself.

Regarding the virtual drivers, would you mind calling it the drivers' names, like 2015 #19 Hulkenberg/Tandy/Bamber (or however it can fit), as an example?

4. Chris Lesperance

For the classes, yes I am able to have them separated and selectable (IMSA14, LM15, WEC14, etc etc).

For the driver name, I went with the standard of how Fraggon and Ethone did their packs and how I released #UD# skin conversions. Example: 2015 Le Mans #22, 2016 IMSA #81.

I just saw on FB that we should be seeing the EnduSeries release this Friday! I will take a look at their structure and "mod merge" what I can before release. We might come close to a few near complete grids

5. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

So this is the name visible during opponent selection, but what driver name will show up during the race? I believe .rfcmp update has real names (supposedly because .mas has .veh files, didn't check), and when I checked Virtual Rides they didn't (might be wrong here).

6. Chris Lesperance

A person can change the name to be the actual driver name. It's just when you start getting into multiple years, multiple cars, and multiple series, you tend to run out of names to be able to use. There are Character limits and everything needs to be unique. I'll take a look and see how Euroracers are doing the ES mod and go from there.

I can figure out how to write instructions on how to change it if people would like as it is fairly easy.

7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

This is great news. I look forward to your instructions on how to use all the guys efforts. Will that be One click? or two? :)
    dh

8. Chris Lesperance

Soon....

Just working on standardizing file names and a few other tweaks. Going to start with just LM15, then make changes based on user feedback before releasing the other cars :)

View attachment 20995
    View attachment 20996

9. Chris Lesperance

10. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

11. Hazi

Hazi Registered

THX - Hope can try on weekend....

12. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Just ran my first laps with the skins and the Endurance mod + URD. Will choosing one of your seasons keep out the generic skins?

13. Chris Lesperance

14. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Hello Chris, awsome work. One think i don't like: i like to race the ai, and i like to balance the cars in performance. So give Porsche a little more pace and the vipers a littles less when needed using the ai performances you can set by car. With your package, i can't do that. When i try to give only the ai egt porsches a little more performance all gte cars get that performance level, so ferrari, viper, aston, bmw corvette and porsche. Is there a way i can use your your proof of concept and be able to set individual performance level per track per car?

15. Chris Lesperance

I unfortunately do not know much about editing the AI. You can though, select a car, and click on the "AI Edit" button. I believe this is what you are looking for.
    20161111220631_1.jpg

16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I found the default setup on the P1 URD Porche to be incredibly soft. Almost the bottom of the spring range. Stiffening the springs makes the car handling much less troublesome.

17. domhnall

domhnall Registered

Firstly thanks very much Chris for assembling the skins together in this manner. Really enjoying it so far. Regarding the AI edit function, I have noticed that it does not seem to work correctly with the classes line included in the rcd file. Any time I change the values, they seem to keep reverting back to 0%. If I remove the CLASSES line from the rcd, then I can change the values as I want. Anyone else seeing this??

18. bhendrik

bhendrik Registered

Yes, i can confirm that

19. Chris Lesperance

That would be a bug within rF2 then.

When you do the AI edit thing, it will add the AI lines within the .rcd. Can you manually edit those with Notepad? Will they keep their values that way?

20. domhnall

domhnall Registered

Yeah I've tried manually editing them in notepad. Doesn't work unfortunately. The values just revert back 0%. I've tried moving the classes line to different places in the .rcd file, but again no luck :(