[REL] EGT Skinpack LM24H/WEC/TUSCC/Misc

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by Fraggon, Sep 23, 2014.

1. mark7

mark7 Registered

Now running the Virtual Rides method which works fine.
    Does anyone know if the drivers names from the skinpack can be added?

2. ethone

ethone Registered

That's one of the reasons I never packaged them that way...
    Possibly there is a way if you name the .rcd files with the driver's name (say "Fernando Rees" instead of "2014 WEC #99") and also rename the skin's folder. Looks like it's the file name/main identifier from the .rcd that's use as the driver's name for offline use.

I packaged all the old and the new skins as virtual rides for now but am not sure whether I should release it for that very reason. It works while the bug prevents the proper pack from working, but for offline use it's really rather bad and immersion-breaking.

3. ethone

ethone Registered

4. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

Damn!! Looking great!!

5. Matt21

Matt21 Registered

6. MustangSVT

MustangSVT Registered

Hey folks, would it be possible to get an updated pack for this that works with the v2.0 mod pack? I just recently got into rFactor 2 and purchased the URD GT mod, only to realize your beautiful skin pack isn't compatible with it. The latest one I downloaded from here says it requires v1.98. Is there a way to mod it myself to get it to work with v2.0?

7. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/26351-EGT-PX-Skinpack-LM-WEC-USCC-Misc-Update

Download the virtual ride skin pack. They work with all versions.

8. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

9. Eddy

Eddy Registered

10. Gijs van Elderen

Addon AI or virtual rides are extra cars/skins you can add to a mod without repacking/breaking the original mod. They go into the player/settings folder. You can use them offline and online.

Online your virtual ride will tranfer to the server and other players. So leagues don't have to repack a mod just to add some league skins.

If you wish you can fine tune each virtual rides AI talents in the rF2 UI

11. Chris Lesperance

The only unfortunate thing is that you cannot create custom classes. For example you can't create a class that is just LM cars. Everything will be the assigned the class of the original car you use as the virtual ride. I hope this will get changed in the future updates to rF2.

12. Gijs van Elderen

Yes, you can... :) But not by default.
    You'll need to add a line in the .rcd for the class like in the .veh file.

the reasson it's not by default is because if cars are used online, they end up in a sepperate class on the other users PC. It could create chaos with a lot of classes...

But for personal or league use you can edit the .rcd.

13. Chris Lesperance

You can just add that line in.... very interesting. That opens up a lot of possibilities

14. Chris Lesperance

Just worked on some cars last night and that is all working! No more mixed series/years racing together! And now mod merging is a thing to work on complete grids (ex URD and Simteks GT3 World Series for IMSA GT classes). Awesome find Gysbers!

The only disappointing thing is that the install starts to get big due to duplicate textures in the Installed/Team.mas and then in the player/settings/[car] folder.

Now something I thought of on the way to work this morning, does adding a "Genstring =" line work as well? This will be needed for additional painted cars for Enduracers mod.

15. Paul Fenwick

Paul Fenwick Registered

That sounds interesting.... How do I do that merge the mods? Also will there be differences in the balances of 5he two mods?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

16. Chris Lesperance

There might be a performance difference between mods. Really depends on how the mod teams do physics between comparable cars.

What I did was I created Virtual cars for pretty much every skin. Then added the classes line to the .rcd file, adding my own custom class.

Example: Classes= PX2, EnduranceRX_PX2, IMSA16

IMSA16 is the custom class. In the screen shot, i did that to the URD P2 and GT cars and modded in the GT3 World Series Lamborghinis and Ferrari

View attachment 20936
    View attachment 20937

17. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

I tried adding Classes="EGT_REAL" to 2015 Le Mans #50.rcd and other .rcd's of Virtual Rides from download on the first page, however, my EGT_REAL class also includes EGT cars. That's probably because EGT .veh is referenced from the .rcd. Could anyone please clarify, how to filter out only to real world skins/drivers, and what am I missing? Do I need to edit .veh file as well?

Also, is there a way to unpack update .rfcmp and re-pack it for V2 of EGT?
    EDIT: Figured it out.

Chris, can you share your work or part of it to use as example? Meanwhile, I'll keep re-reading trying to understand it :) Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2016
  18. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

I was able to re-pack update to work with 2.0 version. I need to test how it is and will let this thread know how to do that.

19. Chris Lesperance

I just got permission from Graham Botha to be able to release his Oreca collection. I have to double check the alpha layers on all the cars but expect a release within a week or two.

20. TheLeadWolf

TheLeadWolf Registered

That is awesome! Are you planning to release it in form of virtual rides or update .rfcmp?

BTW I was able to successfully update .rfcmp in OP, and now enjoying awesome skin pack that really lights EGT up. If there's interest, I can explain how this is done (or better, skinpack owners PM me, I'll send you update so that everyone can enjoy without hassle of Virtual Rides).