[REL] TrackMapPlugin V0.95 32bit & 64bit

Discussion in 'Other' started by fazerbox, Sep 23, 2014.

1. pedrocant

pedrocant Registered

It would be possible to make a widget for F1 without Kers icon ?, because it is no longer used , it would only modify and add it there without deleting existing

2. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Yepp, you did :D So finally I will need to search for a different way to build a widget like that. Maybe building my own plugin...hm...we'll see :) Anyway thank you for your support!

3. Led566

Led566 Registered

After build 880 I started to have a lot of CTD and even a pair of BSOD (latest version, 64bit).
    Reading the log file it seems I have a problem with d3d9.dll or/and the widget loading.
    I disinstalled the plugin and CTDs disappeared.
    I really need Trackmap for the next races...
    Any idea?

Edit: nevermind...issue solved :eek:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
  4. McFlex

McFlex Registered

So let us know what solved your problem.

5. Led566

Led566 Registered

The use of the alternate d3d9.dll (in the first post of this thread...didn't see it before: mea culpa) and the suggestion by SlowMotion in post #134.

6. Flex

Flex Registered

;) Thanks,it solved my CTD problem,tips to put on the first post in my opinion.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I am having a pretty strange problem with the track map itself. This began very recently.

When in "rotation mode" there is map displayed. Only two blinking dots on top of each other.
    When I switch to "fixed" I can see the whole map.
    This is the case for all the tracks I've tried.

Any ideas?

8. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Not sure, but in the past, sometimes the trackmap would shrink to a point, and seem to disappear. Don't remember how I fixed it exactly, but you might check the map dimensions in the config file, or reinstall it so it loads the default config.

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks.

In the "trackmapconf" which values should I look at to see if the dimensions are right?
    And what should they be set to, so I can see the map again?

10. snail

snail Registered

Just started using rFactor2 64bit again so a very big THANK YOU to fazerbox for updating this plugin to work with 64bit. :D

11. jerrymcc

jerrymcc Registered

Sorry, I'm not really sure. The numbers that I think matter are these: This what mine are set at:

/ModeMap = [ OFF | FIX | ROTATION ]
    ModeMap =FIX

// pixels:meters. Default 100:200, 100 Pixels = 200 Meters
    ZOOM =100:111

Easiest, I think, would be to delete the trackmap install, and reinstall it ... then you would get the default values.

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks for your reply, man.
    Yeah a reinstall might be a good idea...
    But then I'd have to start over with placing the widgets where I want them on screen, right?

13. Deadpedal

Deadpedal Registered

To re-install would be fool-proof method, but if you don't consider yourself a fool, then editing the trackmapconf.txt as indicated is the easiest method to restore the map, otherwise, yes, you'll be faced with reconfiguring your widget layout and preferences. The leading comment line gives you your default upon installation of the plugin, "Default 100:200". (It's within the first 20 lines of the file.)
    The Line "ZOOM =100:nnn", when corrupted, usually is a ridiculous negative number. Change it to "ZOOM =100:200" making sure there is no minus sign preceding the second number.
    Depending on your Windows configuration, i.e., active user account control, Windows may resist you re-saving the config file once you've edited it, even if you are a system administrator, because it's located within the Program Files (x86) folder structure. If this is the case for you, simply save it to you desktop and then drag it back to the Trackmap folder and authorize the replacement as administrator.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

You're a life saver. Thank you for the detailed explanation. I will give it a go tomorrow. :)

15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

That did the trick! Thank you so much. :)

16. Rapala

Rapala Registered

All the objects are flickering on the new Mountain Peak track, anyone else finding this or know how can i stop it doing this?

edit: oops posted in wrong version thread - ignore

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  17. scalino

scalino Registered

hi fb, great plugin, been a fan for sometime now..
    I'm using it in 32 bit mode for longtime, in conjunction with SoftTH on 3 screens setup. Works like a charm.
    I only recently discovered SoftTH had been released in 64 bits, so dl-ed it and had a go to see if I could get them to work together as they do in 32bits.

(you see where I'm going now, hmm...? ;)

ok, here are the full results (got a Win7 Pro 64bits system):
    - TrackMap works perfectly with its d3d9.dll file (alone in \Bin64)
    - SoftTH works perfectly with its d3d9.dll file (alone in Bin64)
    - now, when putting both together, doing the same setup than in 32 bits version, that is: d3d9.dll of TrackMap and d3d9_softth.dll for softTH's one, with TrackMapPlugin.ini saying: OriginalD3D9Dll=d3d9_softth.dll (which works ok in 32 bits), then the game is starting, splash screen, then the 3 screens began to "react" as they do in 32 bits, but then, windows goes back to desktop, with no messages at all. Here's the content of d3d9.log.txt after this kind of attempt:
    rFactor2rootFolder: F:\rF2
    INI FILE: F:\rF2\plugins\TRACKMAP\TrackMapPlugin.ini
    DLL_PROCESS_ATTACH
    IN Direct3DCreate9
    ModuleFileName: F:\rF2\Bin64\rFactor2.exe
    Configuration File: F:\rF2\Plugins\TRACKMAP\TRACKMAPconf.txt
    Proxy d3d9.dll
    OUT Direct3DCreate9
    IN myIDirect3D9::CreateDevice

, and it stops there, when usually, after that last line above (when all is ok), I get these supplemental lines:
    IN myIDirect3DDevice9::Init
    IN CRenderPlugin::CRenderPlugin
    Plugin TRACKMAP Loaded
    TeamMembers: $$$SPECTATOR_MODE$$,Fazerbox
    HUD.Zoom = 1.000000
    OUT CRenderPlugin::CRenderPlugin
    OUT myIDirect3DDevice9::Init
    OUT myIDirect3D9::CreateDevice

mTrackName = <name of the track I load>

Would you have any advice for me or more info needed from me? It's quite frustrating to feel that you're very close to happiness (16GB are waiting...), but... nah! not really quite guys... nope! :)

(I also tried the other way around, with tm's dll renamed and softTH config file saying dllPathD3D9=path+name of tm's dll, but still doesn't work... and it seemed a bit worst)

Any help will be appreciated ;)

18. fazerbox

fazerbox Registered

Hi Scalino,

I remember that many times ago, I made some test with SoftTH 64 bit version, but I was unable to make Trackmap Plugin 64bit and SofTH dll 64bit work together.
    Actually I don't know if problem is Trackmap side or not. About My plugin I have only recompiled it in 64bit, with really small changes not related to DirectX.

When Trackmap works with other d3d9.dll, it calls exported functions from that dll instead call functions in d3d9.dll (microsoft).
    Maybe softTH 64bit export less functions of SoftTH 32bit.... But I'm not sure, I should check it.

Cheers.

19. scalino

scalino Registered

hi fb,

thanks for the heads up. well, in trackmap's log we can see that it's right at the time when softTH is intended to do sth with the graphic device. But even if i'm a software developer i'm not that much into windows' dll programming so it's a bit fuzzy in there, this "way of doing things"... :)

One thing i observed in the log when i tried to chain the dlls the other way around (default config for trackmap and softTH config saying where to find tm's dll), is that the called function was "CreateDeviceEx" instead of CreateDevice (but i'm not sure if that can help you in any way...).

I'll keep monitoring this thread in case you find sth worth trying ;)

20. whitmore

whitmore Registered

The WGL meter no longer works with any of the new vehicles using chassis flex. Any ideas on how to fix?