Interview: Gjon Camaj and Tim Wheatley on rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guod, Sep 15, 2014.

1. stonec

stonec Registered

This thread is not about what AC does and doesn't, let's try to keep it on topic. The last stock car preview footage was posted last August, I don't think it's too much asked to get an update on the situation. Besides, interest will be kept higher if we hear something more regularly than every half year. Same regarding other features mentioned in last Q&A.

2. Prodigy

Prodigy Registered

Agreed. It's a bit silent regarding new content (not the old updated).

3. coops

coops Banned

Tim OR Gjon could you please let us know when you are thinking of doing the 1st dev update for the year 2015 ?

4. coops

coops Banned

^^ bump

5. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I was just hoping the release of Mountain Peak Speedway means the stock cars are coming out soon.

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Rather than post a new thread, I figured given the theme of this one, I would ask a few questions here. Mainly aimed at Tim & Co but if anyone else knows the answer, let me know :)

1) Will the continued UI overhaul expand to the dedi server exe? I only ask as I feel it would be great to see things like ports or session start times added in there (more than just race), rather than having to go in to a JSON.

2) With the new rules plugin update, should it be possible to schedule multiple races. Example; Practice, Quali, warmup1, Race1, Warmup2, Race2, Warmup3, Race3.

3) Any ETA on when wind and Humidity will do something, rather than nothing.

4) Any ETA on when aquaplaning will be implemented, probably linked to point #3

These are just a few things that pop in to my head. With iRacing making no secret of them actively working on a lot of the things that make rF2 the best sim out there (All the dynamic stuff, basically) I really want to see rF2 cement it's position and....... finish some of the features that make it awesome, before another sim potentially "Catches up". (That's not a fanboy statement, just how I feel). I realize that is probably of no concern to many people, I'm not trying to.....make it a thing.....just saying.... I want rF2 to be the best it can be :)

As an aside, I love the fact that you guys are showing your older content some love. It is totally worth it and breathes new life in to content that may well be underused at this point. Good job on that.

Even though you already appear to be, I pretty much beg of you to hold on to the Oval content until it's ready, even if it's another year. I feel it's such a MASSIVE opportunity for ISI to say to the wider community "Look at we can do"....... if released in an......un-polished state, it could give a damaging first impression leaving people with a sour taste.

7. TJones

TJones Registered

Just hope for a release until Daytona 500, but may be a bit optimistic. :)

Some answers about the questions above would be appreciated.

8. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Would be great to have some answers :eek: just to know the state of the development in these regards.

I would add... what aspect of the tires will be updated? we know soon or later will be updated. Fixed pressures and all that stuff? Road temps affecting tire temps and grip? Daylight affecting road temp? with this and wet conditions, the real ultimate racing simulator will be in my hands, I will say... rF2 is FINISHED for me! YAY! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
  9. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

So you can live with a racing sim without a proper drivetrain model, flatshifting, no way of engine damage through missed shifts and wrong shifts?

10. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

Normally silent at some point mean there is really nothing to show or to reveal, despite we all wish there should be something behind the door after a long silent :) And Tim is actively involved in Elite Dangerous :) of course that doesn't mean they don't work on something.

11. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

True, all of this too. I was just adding some drama to my post :eek: