Interview: Gjon Camaj and Tim Wheatley on rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guod, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

The R is to the NSX as the GT3 is to the 911.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

Yes, there are issues with multiview since beginning. FPS in multiview + HDR is one issue and SLI is another. SLI/CrossFire is not working that well with many other games either, but multiview + HDR performance should at minimum have been fixed in this timeframe. Maybe they will one day be acknowledged, that would be the first step...

3. Justy

Justy Registered

The 14.4 official drivers made a huge difference to my HD7950. I don't know if it's comparable to Nvidia cards or not, but I feel pretty certain, given the leap in performance for my card, that it must be closer to Nvidia benchmarks now.

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You could try saying what your issue is in terms of how you disagree. :)

5. coops

coops Banned

Doug: Before the end of 2014? With the ever-growing interest in three-screen systems, it is becoming more-and-more important.

Gjon: I don’t see it happening in the coming month, but can’t say for sure it will make it in for 2014.

IMHO This is a shame as more and more ppl going to triple screens. Question to Tim or Gjon what about sounds and 5.1 ? These 2 things will help create better immersion besides realism this is whats important to most players. i have asked a few ppl about this and they have told me they think it would be an easy fix and quick fix is that right ?.... Cannot understand why they are not on the release list for 2014 ?

1 more thing, not 1 thing mentioned about anything new coming to the core of the sim this yr that we don't know about surely there are some ????????????????

6. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

People can use triple screen. I'm using it. Lot of people is playing with triple. I also do not have any issue with it. I know you'd like more controls but there is nothing preventing playing on triple.

7. coops

coops Banned

i agree Tuttle............ but more controls would be very nice indeed would like to see this b4 any thing done for the RIFT which has not even been commercially released.... priority wise it should be behind triple screen controls.

8. rhamm

rhamm Registered

I'd prefer grass roots content to the same old tracks we've seen over and over and over again.

Oh and the following quote isn't terrible surprising. This is what happens to beggars.

9. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Never got so much Information and previews about content, product and dev priorities at one point from ISI :p
    I really like what I read there :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  10. gkz

gkz Registered

sorry but i don t really like what i read there. I remember when inside simracing was criticising rfactor 2 because of there content and they want to much that modder help them out. But in this part isi doesn t learn much because when i read we should accept more to pay for mods i can not agree with it. Why should i pay for amateur work and none official content ? There are only few modders how can really ask for money when the would release a mod. But there not modding right now for rfactor 2. Yes a modder with highquallity mods can ask for money but u should make a demo system for modders if u want quallity paymods. Because if not every crap mod want money from u..... But because of u can t test a mod like a demo u can not want to respect Paymods from the community. And the Content from isi in the future is very disappointing... no license quallity maps like nordschleife, spa , monza etc. and again single cars and no racing class ( Nascar is not what the most europe guys want ) but as long as other sims don t get there physics on target i have no choise :D but still don t understand that we don t see quality content what really is a MUST have for a Sim. I would not wonder if gamestockcar has a nordschleife before isi will get or will ever get. This is a reaction vid from wtcc drivers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHxu-Mam_F8 i think theres not 1 pro driver who would not agree with it. So rfactor 2 wants to be the best sim out there but don t have the main tracks ?

But back to topic what i want to say is the mod manager is s**t and i hope they will completey change it. I also think that they don t really showed us a clear way to the future with this interview its more like they don t know which way they wanna take. Im a bit disappointed about the weather i think its not really on 10 % and it should be get more attention.

11. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

plz put rain higher up on the priority-list :)

It seems low-down... :/

Good things come to those who wait :)

12. 88mphTim

You didn't read that. You took the words and decided that's what it said. It didn't. :) It said that being negative towards something you have a choice not to play any part in, is potentially damaging your own choices to get access to some fantastic things. You're not even being shown them. It's very similar to me having any view whatsoever on Scottish independence, being English, living in the USA, when it doesn't affect me in ANY way. The negative reactions are stopping you even being shown things.

The rest of your post uses language and tones that don't really appeal to me as a human.

13. 88mphTim

Some of the comments make it sound like it's not workable at all. Which really just makes it difficult to understand feedback on actual barriers on usage, or required features. Happens a lot though, it's not so much about feedback as it is about ranting, which just makes any ounce of feedback get drowned out.

14. coops

coops Banned

Ok easy look at AC TRIPLE SCREEN SET UP. more options and controls that's what i am saying i would like to see in rf2. Other wise triple screen is good but i expect it to be great from ISI if not better than any other sim. maybe im asking for to much.

15. 88mphTim

No. Nobody has said no to this either. But putting triple screen refinement (bearing in mind it works as is, just without the options you want) above other things is crazy. That's what's being said.

16. seancleric

seancleric Registered

I use triples + multi view, alot max graphics with some settings lowered with single 780 @ 6010x1080.
    I recently bought a new triple stand and butchered/modded it to suit rig which now allows me to adjust angle so I can get the correct degrees for multi view, feels really immersive.
    Obviously its a hit on fps but over 60 to 100 fps racing, depending on track and corner etc and low as 40 fps on starting grid which is more than playable in my opinion.

If there had been more controls to adjust angle for example I probably would have stuck with flatter angle diy stand I had already and missed out on the feel now with them angled.
    So in a weird way thanks lol

17. coops

coops Banned

tyvm tim glad you verified that for me and liked getting the info from isi in this interview.

18. 88mphTim

No worries, I guess it must be easy to miss the point of some things in a large amount of text like that. Seriously considering doing a bullet point list of the positives (which people seem to be mostly missing). lol

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nice! A ton of great news in that article about physics, modding, tracks and cars, multiplayer, etc.

This is HUGE

I praised this when I first read the notes for the current unstable build, but I had to say it again :)

You see a room...Do you have the car/cars in it? Check! Do you have the single track currently being raced on (regardless of whether the room has 5, 20, 100 other tracks pre-selected for possible use)? Check! You can join! Done! No bull****! :)

Now, my question...Do you still get the auto-download pop-up asking you if you would like to download some or all of the other pre-selected tracks you don't have?? What about once you're in the room and then they change to a track you don't have, do you then also get the pop-up allowing you to quickly auto-download that track (or any other ones you choose to select as well)?

Basically, how does the auto-download feature - which is a MUST to keep - tie in with the whole "can join a room as long as you just have the current used track and that's it" feature?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
  20. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

to those ppl who wants rf2 to be like AC...

nvm