Interview: Gjon Camaj and Tim Wheatley on rFactor 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by guod, Sep 15, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

hehe, that shouldn't be Nissan, obviously.

2. 88mphTim

The answer is given in the context of the question asked. I can't really expand in any way that makes sense, the answer already does.

3. 88mphTim

Doesn't really matter.

4. 88mphTim

I was thinking there's about a lot of things you could mention in a lot of answers, but it's probably a good idea when answering to limit what you're saying to a logical point or two.

5. 88mphTim

Note how much is being said about their production. :) ISI itself is busy all-around.

6. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I really like it when devs of any game/sim/genre step out and communicate like this. I know each of those answers poses another 10 questions and it can become a vicious circle, but the interview and answers are very much appreciated.

Thanks!

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yea I know it and I'm very happy about the GT500, the NSX.....but I really don't like NASCAR and ovals:p

8. Tuttle

Tuttle Technical Art Director - Env Lead

Sometimes I ask myself what you like really...:D (j/k)

9. yusupov

yusupov Registered

ughghgh almost wish i hadnt read it, am trying to put it on a brainshelf till 2016. awesome though.

10. baked bean

baked bean Registered

lol just noticed that myself:p the NSX had my full attention though,cool news :)

11. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

In these new pictures, graphics side the sim look very modern, there is still something that does not convince me, have you thought about adding the "3d grass" effect?

12. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Very interesting Interview. Thanks for taking the time to do it, Gjon, Tim & Doug. Really appreciate it.

I do have one of the infamous followup questions, if I may.

Using Gerald's fantastic realtime Weather Server tool, we are missing clouds (light/medium/heavy) whenever it is not raining. From my understanding, cloud coverage is something not yet available for realtime injection over the API (together with wind, but clouds the more noticable). Does that qualify as part of the 'weather system' or would that be seen as part of the API development so we can hope it is a bit further up on the priority list?
    Having actual weather from the real track is such an outstanding feature rF2 has over all the other sims and something that enhances the whole experience of simulating race weekends that I really hope this could be brought to a more refined state sooner rather than later.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
  13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Girls:D

14. Justy

Justy Registered

15. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

So any ATI owners in here? Tried new drivers? Are they getting closer to Nvidia now regarding performance?

16. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

Rally the wait continues.....................

Nice read ;)

17. guod

guod Registered

And corrected. :)

18. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Doug: How is support for multi-view coming along?

Gjon: I don’t really have any issues with it :mad:. There was an interface/tool in the works some time ago for helping to set it up, but has yet to be completed.:mad:

Doug: Before the end of 2014? With the ever-growing interest in three-screen systems, it is becoming more-and-more important.

Gjon: I don’t see it happening in the coming month, but can’t say for sure it will make it in for 2014.:mad:

Doug: What is the latest on NVIDIA-based GPUs and AMD/ATI based GPUs? Has AMD/ATI been any more responsive about resolving the standing problems with their cards running rFactor 2?

Gjon: Their movement into multi-threading was a huge step, then they released better drivers. The cards are in many cases now quite comparable.:mad:

I can not believe what I am reading, I am speechless :mad:

19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I changed my both GTX 670 against two R290X for few months and I'm happy with them because since rF2 support 64 bit it's the first time that I can run rF2 with multiview on high to full settings with most of my mods.
    If I compare price and performance I think it's ATM a better choice to take 2 x R290x then one GTX 780 TI (with the disadvantage of a more complex gfx setup due the common multi gpu issues or complexity)

Community please don't beat me :).

This is only my personal opinion and until now I've not tested a GTX 780 TI and because of this my opinion is based on my personal experience with the card's I wrote above and
    from what I read and hear and the Internet research I did to build my mind before I bought the both AMD's.

With rF2-64 bit the both AMD with Crossfire and Eyefinity are working better on my system then the both Nvidia Cards with SLI and Surround (in terms of visual quality and multi gpu scaling).

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Yeah give it to me one more time :eek:

I've already said this on facebook and say it again thanks for the great interview.