Update Telemetry vs Update Scoring and some troubles

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Slow Motion, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

I found some troubles and/or data that seem wrong and I'll really appreciate clarifications and help by ISI.

1. "onpath" and "offpath" values are wrong and identical to the "rain" data (that is correct). In other words, if starts to rain at 20% of rain, obviously the track starts to be wet step by step, faster or slower depending of the intensity (%) of rain. On the contrary, stopping rain (0%), we have the track still wet (20%, more or less and decreasing) and it will dry out faster on onpath. For instance we can have:
    A. start rain 20% - onpath and offpath 0% increasing... to 20% or more raining
    B. stop rain 0% - onpath and off path decreasing from 20% to 0% in several minutes... and onpath will be = 0% faster than offpath (depending of the cars on track - if ISI takes care of it)
    ON THE CONTRARY data passed from rFactor2 to the UpdateScoring are identical for both 3 values (rain, onpath and offpath).
    Must I use different data? Or must ISI fix it?

2. we know that UpdateScoring has been updated every half second, on the contrary the UpdateTelemetry (data of own vehicle) many times per second. It means that particular data, like the info related to the startlight, if managed by the UpdateScoring can have a delay to half second, reports info too late!
    Here I see 2 different options (and I hope that ISI can fix it or I hope ISI can give me some advice to fix the problem):
    A. move data related to the startinglight from UpdateScoring to UpdateTelemetry
    B. (maybe better?) force a call to the UpdateScoring immediately when the startinglight changes status

3. I also noticed same values for "ambient" and "track" temperature and it sounds strange because of we know that track temperature usually is higher that ambient temperature.
    Doesn't rFactor2 allow and manage different temperatures for ambient and track or data passed to the UpdateScoring are not true and/or not updated?

4. About the wind, may I know if "intensity" and "direction" are sent to the UpdateScoring and/or if they still don't work correctly? I noticed that wind intensity seems to be ignored also at a visual level and that the direction of the wind seems to be sent to the UpdateScoring but not updated (?).

Many thanks in advance for any info/help/fix.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

1.Onpath and offpath are leftovers from rF1 and probably not worth worrying about. The whole point of real road is that track wetness can vary around the track, so any such summary figure would probably just be misleading.

2. Scoring now updates at 5Hz. That's all I've got on that one.

3. The stated goal early on was sunlight affecting track temperature, again calculated all around the track. I don't know if we'll see 'proper' data on what is another outdated value.

4. There isn't any wind in game yet. I wouldn't expect to see it switched on until it's applied at least half correctly; by that I mean it affects vehicle aero and track drying, or similar. Potentially wind strength and direction could vary locally but that's probably stretching too far for the initial activation.

3. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you Lazza for answering.

1. I hope ISI will add a new coefficient to report the wetness on track in real time (or using the same on and off path, because of it is possible and these data are very very useful) or, at least an average value

2. thank you, in effect now the delay can be max .2 sec

3. still pending

4. still pending. I know that currently wind doesn't affect the physic, in fact I wrote "it seems to be ignored also at a visual level".

In conclusion, waiting for an ISI clarification, the main point is we can hope into a review of the UpdateScoring and UpdateTelemetry data by ISI.

4. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Thanks for the reminder on #1, I might be able to improve this in the short term. I'd like to work on #3 and #4, but this weather stuff is on hold for awhile (as you've no doubt noticed) until some other things are sorted. We have no plans to change #2 at this time.

5. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Thank you very much for answering, I'll wait for next updates.

6. Slow Motion

Slow Motion Registered

Hello Terence,
    any news? Several months and few new versions of rF2 and at least point #1 (to be updated in the short term) still pending!

Thank you.

7. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

Next build will have something for #1.