Series-Season you willing to pay for and how much .........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DurgeDriven, Sep 4, 2014.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

in the gheeeettoooooo...

2. freew67

freew67 Registered

3. Mibrandt

Mibrandt Registered

I would pay for quality content - especially High quality tracks from the F1 calendar. I would even pay for a High quality illegal F1 mod tbh. I would also pay for rf2 one more time if i thought it would get finished quicker if i did pay. Patience has never been a friend of mine which do not go very Well hand in hand with rf2 developement :D

4. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Full WEC and Super GT, 30 bucks each one without problem.

5. sg333

sg333 Registered

I think you are in the extreme minority here.

6. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

How can you dislike something you didnt test?

7. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

He meant he did not get to test before he bought it. Perhaps he did not know there was a free Corvette to drive and test before you buy the mod.

8. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I paid before tested it . When I paid and then used it, it was too late. It is not what I expected.

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I made two short races on VOR league with the Corvette at Mid Ohio, I thought it would improve later, or the other cars would be better.

10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

About paying for seasons as I said before, I think it's ok to pay to those who organise and manage a league, and send donations for those who make cars or complete MODs.

The problem I see if all become pay, is that the priority would be release new things just to get paid. Quality and realism would be put aside instead business, and rf2 will be other AC.

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

The driving force behind a mod has to be the passion for making it. The people that create the mod do get to race on something they wanted and that was previously unavailable, which is already cool in itself. It can lead to a nice work portfolio, popularity in the community, and even a full-time job doing it.

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

I think rFactor 2 should be free, otherwise it's just a business endeavour without any passion.

13. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Money ruins everything. And don't make the mistake of believing that free and pay will coexist. In commercial environment all will gravitate toward mediocrity because that is where majority fall. Look no further than current pay mods which are popular because they are easy and easy because easy is popular.

14. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Welfare for all!

I agree. That's why netKar Pro, rFactor 2 and iRacing are some of the worst racing products out there. I stick to Tux Racer. Pure and genuine without any greed ruining the sim.
    http://youtu.be/hJ6vN4j8c8o?t=31s

15. Dale B

Dale B Registered

I'd be willing to pay but the key for me is the mod and tracks need to be in the same era, by that I mean driving a 60's car on 60's version of the track and done in high quality. It just feels wrong driving a 60's car on a modern track.

16. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

If I think about it, I would pay for a rally pack (cars and tracks in one pack) don't care what era, Group B would be insane. I wait for the day for a proper Rally MP experience like the dirt series (all lined up with staggered starts) but of course, in sim environment like rf2. How much would I pay? Fair market value I guess ;)

17. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

+1!