please ISI more vintage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjcook, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Mine was the best though (post 99) lol, I'm kidding :) , now someone get that league/server setup already! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
  2. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

How much is "decent" and which differential parameter(s) are you talking about?

3. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Now while everyone is on a historic trip go over and sign petition for Pixsim to finish T280. :)

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Off throttle would be the coast diff, could also be pre-load. You would want to increase the coast diff to a higher % to stabilize rear rotation under corner entry/no throttle. Pre-load can be more complex, I think it has to do with how quickly the diff transitions between your coast and power settings, or is it for when you have a steady state of throttle applied? I'm not to sure. It's one of those setup options that, to me, is hard to fully get a grasp of even on back to back comparisons.

5. Comante

Comante Registered

Spinelli I don't have RF2 here to check the last setup, but from memory it could be something like 70% or more on power and around 50% or less on the other parameter. I like to have those cars turn with the throttle, so having different setting is what control the car: reduce throttle and the turning radius decrease, more throttle and the car want to go straight, so entering the turn I lift the pedal, the car turn and start to slide, then I start to apply pedal and the car goes straight out of the turn. If the differential is loose you simply keep the spin, with a good lock the car is more translating diagonally than spinning, and you can be already focused on the straight. Mid Ohio is a good track for these cars, all slow turns, but tons of fun, and the most interesting thing is the very little amount of steering that is needed in most turns.

6. Sido Weijer

Sido Weijer Registered

In case some of you historic fans missed it, there's another Spark F3 season starting at Race2play tomorrow.

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Intresting discussion about cars beeing signed as first release with no version number. I'm allmost sure there will be a time i will have a smile for some people which still didn't understand anything. ;)

Oh and i don't mean spinelli.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

8. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

Well, I have had to eat a lot of humble pie regarding old car physics, AFTER I found proper FFB settings for my G27 from RaceDepartment. Now I have been able to enjoy Houston and Spark F1, cars that I found uncontrollable earlier. So it seems that the problem is not physics after all, but the horrible default control settings for G27 which cannot be saved with minor adjustments, but with thorough surgery. ISI could do well modifying them so people with G27s wouldn't come to think that some of the cars are broken.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Can we have a link at that settings please?

10. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

Haven't bookmarked it but it should be found from the rFactor 2 section at the RaceDepartment forums.

11. Jyyka Pihtari

Jyyka Pihtari Registered

Found it, and pasted below. Note that it is not well formatted so simple copy and paste the whole thing won't work.

"Force Feedback":{
    "Brake effects on steer axis":1,
    "Brake effects on steer axis#":"0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Brake effects strength":10000,
    "Brake effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all brake effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Brake spring coefficient":0.3,
    "Brake spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Brake spring saturation":1,
    "Brake spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Clutch effects on steer axis":0,
    "Clutch effects on steer axis#":"0 = Clutch effects on clutch axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Clutch effects strength":10000,
    "Clutch effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all clutch effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Clutch spring coefficient":0.2,
    "Clutch spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Clutch spring saturation":1,
    "Clutch spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Gearbox effects on steer axis":0,
    "Gearbox effects on steer axis#":"0 = Gearbox effects on gearbox 'axis', 1 = brake effects on steering axis.",
    "Gearbox effects strength":10000,
    "Gearbox effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all gearbox effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Gearbox spring coefficient":0,
    "Gearbox spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Gearbox spring saturation":1,
    "Gearbox spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Ignore controllers":0,
    "Ignore controllers#":"Do not use FFB on: 1=controller1, 2=controller2, 4=controller3, 8=controller4 (or add values to ignore multiple controllers, for example 15 ignores all)",
    "Jolt magnitude":1.5,
    "Jolt magnitude#":"How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.",
    "Off-road multiplier":0.1,
    "Off-road multiplier#":"Temporary test variable to reduce force feedback strength off-road (0.0 = zero FFB, 1.0 = full FFB)",
    "Other spring coefficient":0.2,
    "Other spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Other spring saturation":1,
    "Other spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0) for any other FFB-capable controllers",
    "Rumble strip magnitude":0,
    "Rumble strip magnitude#":"How strong the canned rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.",
    "Rumble strip pull factor":1.5,
    "Rumble strip pull factor#":"How strongly wheel pulls right\/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.",
    "Rumble strip update thresh":0.05,
    "Rumble strip update thresh#":"Amount of change required to update rumble strip effect (0.0 - 1.0)",
    "Rumble strip wave type":0,
    "Rumble strip wave type#":"Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.",
    "Skip updates":0,
    "Skip updates#":"Apparently some drivers can't handle a quick FFB update rate, so use this hack to skip the given number of updates (0=full update rate, 1=half, 2=one-third, 3=one-quarter, etc.)",
    "Steering effects strength":9000,
    "Steering effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all steering effects (torque, resistance, static spring, jolt, etc.)",
    "Steering resistance coefficient":0.1,
    "Steering resistance coefficient#":"Coefficient to use for steering resistance. Range: -1.0 to 1.0",
    "Steering resistance saturation":0.1,
    "Steering resistance saturation#":"Saturation value to use for steering resistance. Range: 0 - 1.0",
    "Steering resistance type":0,
    "Steering resistance type#":"0=use damping, 1=use friction",
    "Steering spring coefficient":0,
    "Steering spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering spring saturation":0.1,
    "Steering spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Steering torque extrap blend":0,
    "Steering torque extrap blend#":"Higher blends of extrapolated value allows driver to feel torque changes even when actual torque exceeds 'input max' (0.0=disables, 1.0=max)",
    "Steering torque extrap time":0.015,
    "Steering torque extrap time#":"Time in seconds to extrapolate steering torque based on current change (Range: 0.001 to 0.050. To disable, set 'blend' to 0.0)",
    "Steering torque filter":1,
    "Steering torque filter#":"Number of old samples to use to filter torque from vehicle's steering column (0-32, note that higher values increase effective latency)",
    "Steering torque minimum":0.15,
    "Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult":0.2,
    "Steering torque per-vehicle mult#":"Per-vehicle steering column torque multiplier (this is a copy of the .CCH value)",
    "Steering torque sensitivity":1,
    "Steering torque sensitivity#":"Sensitivity curve applied to representable torques: 0.0=low 1.0=linear 2.0=high",
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult":0.1,
    "Steering torque zero-speed mult#":"Multiplier at zero speed to reduce unwanted oscillation from strong static aligning torque",
    "Throttle effects on steer axis":1,
    "Throttle effects on steer axis#":"0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.",
    "Throttle effects strength":10000,
    "Throttle effects strength#":"-10000 to +10000, applies to all throttle effects (force, vibration, static spring, etc?)",
    "Throttle spring coefficient":0.1,
    "Throttle spring coefficient#":"Static spring effect rate (-1.0 to 1.0)",
    "Throttle spring saturation":1,
    "Throttle spring saturation#":"Static spring effect peak force (0.0 to 1.0)",
    "Type":1,
    "Type#":"Type of force feedback: 0=off 1=wheel 2=joystick 3=rumble\/gamepad 4=custom"

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thank you!

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Honestly I never heard a more conceited load of codswallop. lol

The point, not all of us can afford acceptable control systems for shifting and clutch.

What is so unacceptable about a good driver can only afford say a black momo.

Unacceptable in what way ? Pro with good equipment can get off the startline better, shift faster, better all round sensitivity, not just clutch and gears but braking and steering as well lol

What you don't think that's enough of a advantage ? hehehe

I still say best way is to make a separate Pro version that demands accurate controls and run 2 separate servers.

You think the auto clutch is unacceptable, but do not mind a engine base , physics and Ui that allows for aids.

You rather drive Historics with electronic plugins, motec and teamspeak. ....yeah that really realistic.............

Personally I think Historics is what can help make ISI unique, iRacing, AC or pCARS or anything else won't have full season Historics other then converts or one out cars.

Even if they did, seriously anyone here rather drive them over rF2 physics tyres chassis.........yadda yadda ?

rF2 could be a Historic goldmine for payware modders and become the GPL 2 a lot of us always wanted.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2014
  14. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I came back to Monaco with the Brabham BT-20 after a while, and finally I got connected with the track. I don't know if it's Build 880 or my new video card, but now I can drive the car instead fight with it.

I been enjoying some qualy laps until get mid 1.27

Why SR4 doesn't allow the Matra? I don't think it's faster than the BT-20 here.

15. Tony

Tony Registered

Yep, the Eves & Sparks look a bit unloved and neglected now :(

Be so good to have them refreshed looks-wise, as was done so well with the Formula Renault 3.5 (2014's)

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

It is amazing how quickly people tend to forget about and neglect fantastic content. It's such a shame. These historics are without doubt the best in all of sim racing.

If it's the visuals that's keeping people from running them... well that's just too silly.

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :)

Is it any different when EA Challenge99-02 was released mate ?

Typical Fanboy......

lool :p

9 years on ( since Challenge release ) ........ Yep too cartoon for words. ;)

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

There resides the extreme difficulty of PC racing sims, with so many variables to play not two people feel the same.

I can drive Howstons and historics without any problem with the standard settings of ISI G27 with default steering lock.

Before replying I dusted an Howston (MK3B) at Mid-Ohio and checked it was still true with 880. I can brake hard at the end of the main straight if I have wheels straight with the max pressure of brakes in the setup.

For differential settings, I don't think they can be considered alone without evaluating other factors of the setup of the car.

In some cases having the need to set power and coast settings too high is may be masking a problem somewhere else in the setup, and you can end with an easy to control car but with a lot of understeer.

Cheers and have fun racing.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  19. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

A Brabham's update is coming ? It will be very welcome.

20. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I hope it has wide tyres at last.