please ISI more vintage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jjcook, Aug 28, 2014.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Sorry I was referring to POSSIBLE licensing deal in the works

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

Oh right, haha

I do vaguely remember reading stuff from Tim around when the Howston was released. It was to do with teaser pics of a big CANAM styled Lola at the Belgium track in rF2, with a big arse wing on the back. I think it was mentioned that it was held for a possible license deal with Lola, to be done properly. I can't fully remember though, so maybe someone else can expand on this.

3. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Well in my post I made sure to point out unlicensed. The same way Howston is the Lola, the other car could have variant names. It may not seem very attractive to develop them without the real name to back 'em up (still there's that Chaparral possibility) but just like anything to do with Group C, it would explode in the virtual racing world.

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

how much am i willing to wager this wasn't a kunos made car? ehh, screw it.

5. yusupov

yusupov Registered

oh and..you realize you have to enable mechanical damage, right, superman?

6. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I will take the lazy option of using this quote as well, for me its just been something about those historic F's in rF2 that i just cant put my finger on, this reasoning fits for me, it would also tie in with why GPL had "that feeling" with even worse historic pc tech.

7. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I believe Tim said he was talking to someone about Lola licencing but when they had the cars ready he couldn't get back in touch - that is why they are Howstons. Who cares about what to call them - historic Ferrucios works for me

Plus don't forget there is a deal with Brabham ;) for more cars, plus the historic Indy content. There are also mod opportunities like the Eve Matra.

Tim was also looking for mod groups who wanted to join up to release official content - sadly this went nowhere, but maybe some great modders or mod teams missed this opportunity??

8. Werner

Werner Registered

I absoletly agree! I'm still spending more time with RF1 than RF2, because of the huge number of historic cars and tracks. I'd love to have the WSC 1970's cars and the GPC70's tracks. And much more historic stuff as 1930's cars, Touring Cars, Can-Am. Hope dies last...

9. Minibull

Minibull Member

Oh yeah, the name hardly matters, it's just that little bit of icing on the cake. I am driving a Lola T70, something like that XD
    Maybe they will get the Lola license, would make it awesome to have that proper CANAM beast too. Then all we need is a proper Bruce McLaren car...ahhhh, one can dream...

10. jjcook

jjcook Registered

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

12. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I do believe ISI has a license for the Eagle.

13. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Spent the last 2 or 3 days driving the F3 Eve at "classic" Spa, Monza, and Monaco in the F3 Rookies server. Some of the most amazing experiences in all of simracing. Triple screens, Nvidia 3D Vision, V.FOV 25, I felt like I was back in my mom's town in Italy as I was flying through those tracks. At one point my senses were playing tricks on me and I honestly thought I was smelling the Italian air. I had my window open with a breeze, but the smell was all in my head because of the INSANE immersion from the graphical style/look of the rF2 tracks combined with 3D, triple screens, and a V.FOV of 25, combined with the physics, combined with the FFB, LOL. People are absolutely NUTSO when they flame rFactor 2. I've never in my entire life felt so immersed in a game where my senses/brain literally played tricks on me and actually made me think I was smelling the air of a place across the world. It was actually kind of creepy, thought there was something wrong with me at one point.

14. jjcook

jjcook Registered

15. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

It was a Kunos made car. It was the Fiat 500 Abarth, street tyres, and yes I always disable all aids and enable mechanical damage.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Why change the subject? Ignore the troll and move on.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh. Then ISI should call it "Eagle".
    Otherwise it'd be pretty stupid... ;)

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Yes!!

19. DocJones

DocJones Registered

Yes, please give us for more historic content. If I had a free wish I'd really love to see some early-mid 70s F1 cars, but anything older than 20-25 years is welcome. Whenever it comes to vehicles, I prefer 3+ car releases from similar era and with similar pace but slight differences in performance. I'm not the biggest fan of cup style racing, I guess. Licensed cars or generic doesn't really matter to me.
    Historic tracks of decent quality are always welcome aswell.
    And I'd love for ISI devs to approach the Historix mod team to see if there can be given any assistance to have that mod ported over to rF2. It's the only thing I still race in rF1. Having that mod in rF2 would be a real selling point for ISI imo, hugely famous mod ever since its first release. Please don't let them wander off to another sim, ISI. :)

20. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Everything possible should be done to court, woo, assist, make tires, whatever to make it as easy as possible for these guys to choose rF2. They are clearly gifted at physics, skins, presentation, UI development, etc. etc. Having Historix on rF2 would be like an entire game, no supergame within a game.