Nissan GTR/370z, Chevy Camaro/Corvette C6.R Updated! (1.47/1.49)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Depends on the track as well. From what I experienced the Corvette has more top speed and more downforce and more mechanical grip than the Camaro. I think the gap should be around 2 seconds per lap.

2. KeiKei

KeiKei Registered

Awesome job!!! Tested all cars old version first and then new right after. Difference in handling is HUGE! :) Of course I'm not qualified to say whether handling is now more realistic or not but what I can say is these cars feel damn great! They're so much more predictable to drive now. It's like you can really feel the mass of the car. Tires are also much more forgiving now.

Have only two complaints. First of all 370z with default setup has massive understeering at high speeds. Had to lower rear wing down to minimum so it would turn into high-speed corners properly. Have others experienced this or is there something wrong in my end (uninstalled and deleted old version before installing new)? I mean understeering is so bad it looks like a design flaw - which couldn't be the case on car like this. The other complaint is about GTR; little white-red fan inside cockpit is not rotating anymore! :p

EDIT: Oh and had mixed feelings about lowered steering locks. I prefer steering to be fast so I can catch slides better etc so it was kind of disappointment to see steering locks got reduced. But at the same time handling improved so much that actually I can do just fine with slower steering. So in the end I think this change in steering locks was actually good thing assuming those steering locks are now same as in real-life counterparts.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  3. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Yes, it appears we still have rear wing settings for the older, less stable version. At mid-ohio I ended up using 18 (and it then was more on the slower and stable side).
    Also, suspension setup for standard 370z has some understeer (for me at least). You can reduce it with setup (in case) or you can use Dutch GT package. It's slower, but brings more oversteer.

4. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

Great update, lots of improvements.
    Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
  5. Tosch

Tosch Registered

The headlights of the GTR look strange. Range is 550 (Civic has 320)? I see flickering billboard trees in the distance fully illuminated from bottom to the top. Please change this!

6. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Just a heads-up: One of the Camaro mirrors (simsync.de) points to a Corvette download.

7. Panigale

Panigale Banned

The updated cars look incredible, really enjoy the new skins as well. I watched the AI (all four mods) run at Lime Rock and both the GT-R and 370z will lose their front hood in an accident. I don't think they did that in previous versions. A very nice touch is the AI car will continue to run without the hood (real life racing). The engine compartment for both cars are detailed and it looks great.

My only minor gripe is the banner for the Corvette is still missing inside the cockpit view. This was fixed at one point in the 2nd update but the 3rd and now the 4th (present version) don't have it. Would love to see that fixed or if we can fix it, someone could please share the steps to resolve.

Big thanks to ISI for the hard work and continuous improvements. Those of us that have been on-board since the double digit build days have witnessed exceptional development progress. Hard to believe we still get to enjoy free updates and new content. :D

8. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

+1

9. speed1

speed1 Banned

These vehicles were not already perfect before the update as well as some other :confused: I thought according to the user they would be or why people were being reefs if they have claimed otherwise, and I'm sure they are still not such as the tire patch.

This for example is one reason why I no longer say something about the driving behavior of the vehicles, and how many user will be probably be silenced or put off by this special Community.

Only one sidenote and something to think about for the Community and the fanboys ;)

10. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

+1 too!

11. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

I have to say iam a bit pissed about those updates. Don't get me wrong i like the physics updates i just cannot understand why they updated the helmets of the nissan cars to the 14 version and the issue with the wrong template on the driver still exists like its another driver model. Why are you doin this half ass jobs there sorry i don't get it why you cannot fix some issues which are there for years already. And no i cannot run anything on full so iam not the usual graphics troll but this is just stupid from my point of view. If you just would fix some issues on the driver and the template you could close the case on the cars but instead someone will visit these cars again to do visual cosmetics.

12. Sk1dmarks

Sk1dmarks Registered

Same here, but I do have to change the steering wheel rotation to a lower value to match the previous ratio. Otherwise I can't drive properly. :/ Besides that: thanks for the update!

13. clockit

clockit Registered

Anyone else notice the fan in the GT-R cockpit is now broken?

14. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

No wonder why was so damn hot in cocpit last time i drive witg gt-r :) Now i know, thnx :)

Ps.: fun aside, yes i noticed.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
  15. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I just can't get enough of there updated cars! The 370z is limitless fun, especially on the Nordschleife!

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

I'm very pleased with the GT1, the tires are really good because you can feel the car before locking the tires. I got lot of fun at the Ring and Le Mans these days. I think these are the best tires at the moment on rf2.

17. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

+1

18. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

LOL. Looks like ISI hit the big time now. :p

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ha ha ha! Good old crooks. Now who doesn't want some fake ID. :D

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

20. Acoutsa

Acoutsa Registered

thank you for this mode of gt, I find the great nissan GT4 !!! Again thank you for the work you done since the beginning of rf2, for me it is the best car simulator, with just a logitech G27, I'm enjoying !!!! only problem is that I would like you also liberate the hillclimb, its great because its will be a first for the ISI !! Sorry guys it's always a catch at the client !!! lol:)