Nissan GTR/370z, Chevy Camaro/Corvette C6.R Updated! (1.47/1.49)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Foxiol

Foxiol Registered

Very nice. Keep it up guys. ;)

2. Flatspotter

Flatspotter Registered

Awesome! Thank you for fixing the mirrors in the GTR (making them independently adjustable). Mirrors are still broken in the 370 and Corvette, though. :(

3. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The Camaro is very tame now with default setup on green track. Still rotates nicely on throttle though and the ffb, which was it's weakest trait is much better now. :)

4. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

T500RS owner here and at 1.0 and 80% in drivers, with stock GT rim all 4 cars feel very good.
    If you have G25 or similar wheel, I would not expect anything strong until you really bump FFB mult to something like 2.0

5. rongarz

rongarz Registered

Thanks for the updates. I'm enjoying the new cars.

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Brake disc glow not working in the GT-R.

7. Alex_

Alex_ Registered

In my opinion, this is the proof that there was something really wrong with the physics of rFactor 2.
    Older versions of these cars, especially the C6.R were almost undriveable, slipping at every turn for no reason.
    The new versions are very stable, very predictable and very fun to drive.
    In any case, very good job, I hope every car can reach this level!

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

The physics weren't "wrong" as such, certainly not with the engine itself. You have to work with the data you have. You get more tyre info, you tweak your tyres to reflect the different data. You add chassis flex modelling, new tyre mass methods as stated in the notes.

When another update or method of doing things with the tyre model arrives, I'm sure things will change again.
    I like the updates, very good fun to drive. Be great if manufacturers would just spill all their guts about their cars for sim developers XD

9. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Thanks ISI, very good update !!

10. Robert Gödicke

Robert Gödicke Registered

I like that the old content finally gets some love, but there are still the same visual issues the community has pointed out a couple of times already.

The Nissan GT1 still has a lot of Z-fighting around the front lights, the dark patch on the front right fender which is in the template (not a material issue, but a template issue which is even used for the new skins), and the very ugly rear lights with those cardbox cutouts sticking out the rear lights when braking.

The Corvette has finally been fixed at the front, there where a few polys which had a material error or something. But now the brake lights (which look much better now up close) have a lot of Z-fighting when looking at them from a distance, it's flickering pretty bad.

Overall don't get me wrong here, I love that the physics and shaders got updated because these cars are actually quite amazing and fun to drive, but these issues are not that time consuming to fix, probably just have been overseen.

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Just had a quick race with a mixed field of 370z, GTR, C6R and Camaro (39 AI at Nordschleife) and the performance was great! (optimized the LODs?) The overall look and feel of the cars movement (inertia) has been greatly improved. I'm really happy with this update. Thanks ISI.

12. kiko0602

kiko0602 Registered

Congratulations ISI TEAM what you achive with your software and addon content in this period of development for RF2.Thank You

Im sure many people will appreciate what you did here and what you stil doing with this software,im realy satisfied with speed of dev from begining.
    i can start counting good things and few not so good things,but only i can say is that 95% of this product is just GREAT.Pure HC Racing SIM

i m just happy knowing ISI will not stop working on this product and keep giving us updates and content for RF2(i know its a long run,but who cares when i (we) have this software already 5 years in front then other pcsims(games))im not talking just about graphics here so please dont start pccars AC comparation.
    im long time in sim racing and all i can say is WOW you bringing this product every update on next level IMPRESSIVE!WELL DONE!

i realy respect people here with positive info of bugs and problems they run to. i hope this comunity start appreciate what isi doing and stop complain about minor things they have or not like.put some positive info first then point to problems,i think that is not so hard.when i read some posts its like some people didnt even make a lap with new content and start to point to problems..funny,nevermind..lots of people are great here so no problemos

GT cars are just great,made lots of laps already
    thx again RESPEKTA

13. sg333

sg333 Registered

Nice update! GTR is awesome(er) now ;)

The Vette seems to rev lower now, was it higher in previous builds? I cant increase the limit in setup.

14. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Change to the 2010 engine in the tuning menu. It has less torque but more revs. I like both engines very much.

15. Racefreak1976

Racefreak1976 Registered

Thanks ISI. Downloading now. :)

16. sg333

sg333 Registered

Ah, thanks!

17. Phatboy

Phatboy Registered

What he said +1 :D BTW The camaro is great fun for offline races with the cars from the AMG GT Mod!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  18. AceLain

AceLain Registered

Is it me or the Camaro is faster then the corvette ?

at least, IA Camaro is faster then IA corvette at sebring

19. Freddy3792

Freddy3792 Registered

Its you ;) The Corvette is faster definetely.

20. AceLain

AceLain Registered

ok, so the corvette is faster, but the IA is slower with it :)