Nissan GTR/370z, Chevy Camaro/Corvette C6.R Updated! (1.47/1.49)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Aug 16, 2014.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

2. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

gosh some advanced some stuff going on with these things !

nice to read

3. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

After driving them I can say that I'm in love with GTR and 370z. Camaro and Vette are cool to drive too. I waited soooooo long for these cars to be updated and I'm not disappointed.

The biggest difference is the GTR, it's like a whole new car to drive. I love it, I love it, I love it. 370z was a picky car to drive but now it got a lot more predictable and fun to drive. Nicely balanced.

Camaro was already fun car to drive and with this update it got better in slow stuff and slower in faster corners. Feels heavy but driving experience is very good. Vette got less skidish, brakes feel a bit numb but the car overall got way better.

Every single car is a step in a right direction. Nissans are a leap forward, Chevvy cars are a step for Camaro, 2 bigish steps for Vette.

Thank you guys. Great job. I'm not going to sleep this night so you can't get any better compliment than that :D

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Thanks ISI!! :)

5. RCRacing

RCRacing Registered

Thamks ISI You guys rock

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Welcome back from vacations, ISI! I'm going to actually give each car a go (I have never touched the Camaro or the 370z) in the coming days, I look forward to a long-lasting overall positive experience :).

7. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

The GTR is really just a joy to drive and it sounds absolutely amazing! Thanks ISI!

8. whitmore

whitmore Registered

The notice board on game launch is a nice touch for telling us about updates like this Thankyou ISI.

Notes for the 370Z say throttle blip on braking (presumably when down shifting) is a must.
    My question is if rev matching is needed then clutch would have to be manual as well or blipping the throttle when in gear would not achieve the desired rev to match the lower gear.
    Have I got this messed up or does the auto clutch feature some how look after this?

9. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

Thank you ISI, we did a 6-8-12 hour endurance series in these cars last year so they are like old friends.
    This has given me fresh motivation to get in and "get to work" again.

10. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

GT-R still have 25 deg. steering lock set as default. For those who care ;) I advice to set 19 deg. steering lock, assuming you keep default 576 deg. steering wheel rotation.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Some cars that don't automatically use auto blip and/or auto lift (even when auto clutch is enabled) can still be made to use auto-blip and/or auto-lift once auto clutch is enabled...

Enable auto clutch then try full throttle upshifts before getting close to the redline and see if it's auto-lifting. Then go in a high gear like 5th, and as you slown down, back it quickly to 4th, 3rd, 2nd. Is the weight transfer getting all messed about? Is the car jerking and jolting? Are the rear wheels spinning? Or is it just a nice blip with no drama, no weight transfer upsets, no jolts, no spinning rear tyres? If it's the former, then auto blip is stil disabled, and if it's the latter than auto blip is enabled.

NOTE: If enabling auto clutch still doesn't activate auto-lift and/or auto-blip, then you can edit you player.json file to activate either/both of them. Enabling them in your json file only activates when using auto-clutch, if auto-clutch is disabled then the core physice of the car take over, rather than what you specified in your json file.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

13. TJones

TJones Registered

A lot of small changes and adjustments in this update, i think this shows that huge ammount of accuracy and time which spend in this cars.
    Almost gone that feeling of driving over a slippery surface, hope to see this tendency (more tyre grip, less aero-downforce), also on other cars like F-ISI/Marussia. :)

Thank's ISI, great job !

14. Rik

Rik Registered

+1 Thanks ISI

15. Justy

Justy Registered

Ace! :cool: Thanks ISI, just downloaded and about to test them out now. I noticed the release notes mentioned something has changed with the car shaders. Is it advisable to clear the cbash and shaders folders as well as uninstalling the older car versions?

Cheers
    Justin

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Would be cool if someone was running these online at a readily available track.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Do the 370Z and Corvette really have such light, over-boosted power steering? Camaro and GTR feel much more as expected, but still a bit light.

First ISI cars I have ever felt the need to change FFB setting off 1.00 for. I don't want to do that unless absolutely necessary because it's so annoying to have to remember to change every single version of the car (I don't always use the same numbered car).

What are your impressions of the steering weight/feel?

18. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Race cars have generally very light steering so it's not flawed.

19. Justy

Justy Registered

Not noticed any problems with FFB yet, I actually thought it felt better than before. I ran a few laps in the Corvette earlier and that was the most stand out thing to me. That car in particular has always had a slightly unpredictable nature for me and that was mostly down to not really feeling what was happening. Especially noticeable when changing direction, or when the car started to break away from under you.

I use a T500 with FFB at 1.00 in game and smoothing at 0. T500 control panel strength at 60%.

20. tking

tking Registered

Very nice update, especially ffb. Thanks!