Is RF2 loosing to AC the modders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Aug 15, 2014.

1. batito

batito Registered

Words of Rantam, of the Histor X Mod Team (May 13, 2013)

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I dunno man, people like to look at those generations that way (I assume we are talking about the more young folks) but i'm not sure if that's the case at all.
    i'm 43 and when I was young all old folks looked down on our generation being lazy and retarded, as did their folks when they where young. and now we are supposed to do the same? nah, peeps are different and since simracing is 'just' a hobby and a passing of time, why not?
    Plus with more content you get more hopping around I reckon, part of the game.

So erm...less content please :p

3. crz

crz Registered

I was referring also to my own generation, I'm 27 btw. I just feel many people need a constant stream of new things coming instead of enjoying what good things they have. Not blaming them, maybe I'm just backward.

Why not go further and say delete excessive existing content! :p

4. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I just tested this. There is an issue, however it's only when you're holding lots of brake rather than just braking a little. I agree with you though it seems wrong. So I upped brake bias to 62 f, rear still locking too easily under braking. I upped, 63 f, then 65 f, still doing it. I then went straight to 70 f, the problem is gone. 70 f may be too much, but somewhere between 66 and 70 should be good. This was with default setup except fuel lowered to 30 L.

5. bwana

bwana Registered

Agree, I must have 15 or more cars to run and many variants of each, just isn't enough days in a year to get them all to a stage where you could run at the front of the pack for an entire race.. hot lapping is different as you can throw your rubber away after 4 laps . Add climate and its another few years of testing and then racing... I guess a lot of people are so used to arcade type games where you can win races off the bat in a car that 3 laps of testing to test brake distance and how much aero to get rid of to run at unrealistic speeds will have you shooting your own champers all over yourself because your a winner ( pass the tissues please)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Edit: the op did make a return. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. I would hardly say he returned. He did, but he only did it with "**** on a stick" to poke people with.
    :p

8. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Better re read the thread Jamie < and wher have u been man ?some great racing been going on ..lol !

snip #1> Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Britton View Post
    I cant believe how many people bite on such an obvious post to create pointless discussions regarding crazy comparisons.

I mean the original poster has not even responded to any of the post anyone has made.

You are all arguing amongst yourselves for what ?
    I have asked a question.

I hoped that some interesting information would come up, possibly from some modders, and in my opinion it has been the case, and I thank those posters.

I have read all posts (at the moment I choose), I am no one to say if someone is true or wrong, nor to police the replies of posters.

It's a fact that many answers have no relation with what was asked, and that many posts don't bring any contribution to the debate. Read your contribution and ask yourself if your post is in that case.

Cheers Logel.

# 2 >Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    lol how many different thread titles can you find to try and flame rF2 ......... lol

Losing ? losing whaaat lol

ISI detractors used to say " AC and pCARS" in the same breath .....huh ..what changed to drop pCARS ? what did they base their opinions on back then ? was it those flashy looking graphics ? loool

I rather ISI have no modders at all rather then have to drive AC period.
    Hello DurgeDriven,

Please can you tell us what other thread title I invented to flame RF2?

Loosing what? Modders.

The question answered was simple, you could answer yes, no, or everything in between, and if you were able and interested, sustain your opinion by facts.

They have been many interesting and educated replies to this thread.

I let people assess if yours was.

Cheers Logel ..

LOL so besides all the BS ther is some revelant info here ..

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This is what I mean. I just have trouble understanding how "hype" for any one of these cars can go away so quickly.

I'm still super excited about all the rF2 ISI cars, plus quite a large number of great 3rd party cars too.
    I really, really, really want to drive them all, all the time.
    When I load up a car I feel like spending 6 straight hours in it. It pains me that I don't have the time to do so.

I'm never longing for new content. I'm just very pleasantly surprised when it comes along anyway.
    I don't get bored with content, like it seems so many users do rather quickly.
    This is why the argument of "which sim has the most content" is completely ludicrous to me.

10. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

I don't race the Karts much because we have one Kart location. It gets pretty old pretty quick when you are that content limited.

Oh, there are community kart tracks? You would be correct, there are community created kart tracks. And well, they are terrible. So I don't use them, and therefore don't play with the Karts as much as I'd like. I could drive that place in my sleep at this point.

It's the same thing with rFactor 2 as a whole.

Historics would be fantastic, we have a few tracks, but again, just a few that are worth using. Even the ISI historic tracks need massive updates, but they are usable at least.
    We have an Indycar (ignoring the fact it's poo on the oval), but literally TWO ovals worth using (Indy and Nazareth).
    I really fear that the Stock Cars will be the exact same, though with what seems to be two tracks coming with that plus Indy and Nazareth, it will at least make a dent. We think one of those tracks will have a Kart track in it as well, so that will help out.

You can say that rF2 has a lot of content, but the majority of that content isn't even close to being quality, and that includes a lot of ISI content as well.

11. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Post #110. I read the other 109 too.
    Yes, there are a few rF2 modders working on mods for other titles. Some of them are still working stuff for rF2. Some modders have never made mods for rF2. People are like that.

That's my post.

12. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2014
  13. kro388th

kro388th Registered

You can say the same thing for AC as well ..

14. yusupov

yusupov Registered

...okie. yeah, it would be so awful if ISI made it easy to set track rubbering for anyone who wanted to practice cuz that just wouldnt be real, man who is also sitting in front of a computer 'driving'.

15. yusupov

yusupov Registered

you really can't...kunos has a pretty equal standard of quality across all their cars. cars are released pretty much at 1.0 state, might be tweaked here or there but theyve gotten the data, translated it & theyre done other than eg sounds, or DRS in the lotus formula car. its a different system from how pcars & isi develop.

16. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Well not so much for kunos in house content but the percentage of modded stuff is very bad IMO..

17. bwana

bwana Registered

Which would mean existing AC cars are not going to get any better. that's a shame

18. yusupov

yusupov Registered

yeah, i just don't really agree there. if the sim gains depth in terms of damage modelling etc they'll change but as kunos does it, as i understand it anyway, is a car is digitally stripped apart & repackaged simstyle. aside from feature additions, & sweeping evolutions in tire model, no the cars won't change. the cars are finished. and they're damn good, too.

19. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Track-wise that isn't the case. Imola and Monza are a clear standout from the rest of the tracks, they feel like they are the absolute same except for the layout as there are seemingly shared assets and the textures are a let-down (especially content just brought up from Ferrari Virtual Academy). The hope is that for new tracks such as Spa and Nürburgring Nordschleife they'll be needing to do everything from scratch so in theory the quality will be better. About cars they are mostly on par indeed but some have lower standards. Just compare the beauty of the F-40 vs the Lotus GTC and the pixelated logos. Overall, I believe some of the initial content may have been highly polished due to initial publicizing and impact of the game as well as it being towards impressing the license holders.

20. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

The cars all feel pretty much the same. Super grip, super brakes, initial understeer, forgiving everything else. Tweak for each body model. A few cars feel special, but they're not individualized like what you find in rF2 or nKP.