Is RF2 loosing to AC the modders?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lgel, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

ISI made netKar Pro 2, Kunos made rFactor 2.

(edit - and yes, I mean that seriously - that isn't a bad thing either.)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

rF2 is indeed building on nKP feel.

3. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Yes, indeed rF2 multi sucks while AC multi rocks ... LOL

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

O_O

5. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

[​IMG]

6. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I have asked a question.

I hoped that some interesting information would come up, possibly from some modders, and in my opinion it has been the case, and I thank those posters.

I have read all posts (at the moment I choose), I am no one to say if someone is true or wrong, nor to police the replies of posters.

It's a fact that many answers have no relation with what was asked, and that many posts don't bring any contribution to the debate. Read your contribution and ask yourself if your post is in that case.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2014
  7. ok I will tell you what I think..

I have all the sims/arcade games and only one gets constantly used (rfactor2).

PCars and AC are the same game, one developed by SMS/WMD and the other by Kunos Simulazioni, they both look the same, handle the same and even setup/install the same.

RFactor is the only one that stands out of the ground and always will.

Modders will always come and go and people will always complain for the sake of complaining.

8. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Project CARS and AC are the same game?

oooooooooooooooooooooooookay.

9. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

10. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Actually laughed out loud!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

11. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

It isnt because AC doesnt have the leaves on the road you know!

12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

lol how many different thread titles can you find to try and flame rF2 ......... lol

Losing ? losing whaaat lol

ISI detractors used to say " AC and pCARS" in the same breath .....huh ..what changed to drop pCARS ? what did they base their opinions on back then ? was it those flashy looking graphics ? loool

I rather ISI have no modders at all rather then have to drive AC period.

13. Kunos Simulazioni has openly said he has had development help from the WMD forum guys from day one.

I would not be surprised if that at a later date the two merge and become "Project Corsa" :D

14. Miro

Miro Registered

Well, as long the talk goes on about paymods the majority of the moders claim they do modding for the sake of love and now all off sudden it is about getting exposure. Kinda odd a bit. Whilst on the other side of things all the love is suddenly gone if there is some more work to be done. I personally think the ttool is quite amazing and something worth spending some time with. Getting something detailed to work with like rf2 one would think is great but seems it is at the end all about exposure popularity and shiny graphics. I personally really dont care much about this cuz there will always be the handfull of dedicated people out there which will pull out some good rf2 stuff out and honestly even a medicore rf2 mod is better than any AC stuff that was released until now considering cars.

15. 7xu5

7xu5 Registered

Hi

rf2 no loses with AC, no loses with Pcars simply no struggle there, where's the rain that were well made has to do is ?, where support is provided for oculus ?, where and when you are leaving the final version ?, when are we going to have punctures on wheels ?, when will we deformations and broken pieces by blows that seem real ?. we have many lies by isi, although not want to see. When will a timeline for work isi? I suppose that does not interest your users are well informed, but of course the fault of all for those who criticize the infamous development rf2

rf2 is best, but only in physicals, and every day there is less distance between them.

16. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

From what i know that is from back in the times when pCars was in alpha stage, people only knew how it looked like but not many knew how it feels like. To my knowledge it turned out to be a lot more arcady than anybody expected and so even something so simarcady as AC is still better than pCars.. that is what it is for my PoV

17. kro388th

kro388th Registered

And what about those of us who use/found/ fr2 for simply put, the simulation of racing ? rf2 does an amazing job of this .. other titles fall short no matter the eye candy ,bells and whistles ,if you cant simulate racing and race conditions its merely and flash and dash eyeball sim ... I Don't know what it is ? Others have mentioned it as well ,after a few laps AC just has nothing more to offer to someone like myself who is looking for that true race day experience ... Rf2 delivers an experience I cant get from other titles .. Look and the amazing job the URD team did with rf2 and there 2 mods ..amazing racing with there mods .. now what are we to do with URD's EGT endurance class vet in AC ?? sure it looks amazing. you can hot lap and have some sprint races but the modder built and is simulating an endurance mod .. and we all know that endurance racing is not going to happen in AC .. No pit stops? no damage? no night conditions , these features are certainly not needed for a sim to make money nor are they for everyone but there are some of us out here where they really matter and make a big deference in our racing experience .. It seems AC has catered to a certain audience of console/arcade type gamers with it's sim like psyx and awesome graphics that attract the hard core simmer , but they really dropped the ball ,IMO when they failed to simulate the "Racing" side of it .;-( at least for now) Either way they will go on ..I believe ,in the long run rf2has the dynamics to still be standing where AC will run is course and find its self at a dead end for any hard core type sim racers out ther .. The Hard core Modders that stay with rf2 will find them selves part of something that goes a lot farther than the shallow flashy adventure titles like AC .. I drive both sims but my time is split and I only fire AC up once or twice a week where I drive rf2 nightly . I ,Like others, am captivated by the way AC looks but have mixed feelings on the depth of the psyx ... Im Still glad I bought it and I do use AC for that quick pick up race or some sprint racing, as it sits now theirs not a lot more there for me ,im not into drifting or drag racing ! .. lets see what happens after V1.0 as to where the true modders decide to spend their time and share there works ..

18. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

You got the point perfect. I see it to 100 % in the same way.

19. Descoat

Descoat Registered

If you like simulation, then you prefer real official data. RF is the past and most of the mods made for this game were really simple and home made physics. Only few mods could be at great level.

So. Is it necessary to have lot of content from people that don´t have official data and don´t make a reallistic mod?
    In my opinion, I prefer RF2 original content. In the future we will have more. There are also great mods like miata or URD but not with official data from Honda, Ferrari, Posche, aston martin...

If you want simulation, then go to RF2 or X Motor Racing and in another step GSC and others. If you prefer easy physics to fun, then go to AC and all the mods made to this game. I like graphics of AC, they made a good job but when you drive their cars you feel that it´s a game made for the mass... it´s no bad, in fact it´s necessary.

Perfection doesn´t exist, in fact RF2 is not perfect, specially when you try to block front tyres and you can´t feel it properly so it needs some more development.

20. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

*facepalm* so in the end. a sim means it's hard. When I go to the track, in real life, it's easy and fun for me. that means it's a dream and rFactor 2 is better than life? omg. People say the cobra sucks for AC because it's unstable. if it was on rFactor 2, that will make so hardcore because it's unstable and hard to master.