[REL] rF2 Replay Office (set of tools)

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Gerald Jacobson

Gerald Jacobson Registered

v1.4.2.1 Available
    Race Analyzer:
    - Fix when you select an event and it is another one who is finally selected.

Fixed in v1.4.2.1, thanks

It is normal. A clip just cut part of the VCR. A VCR created by rF2 does not have camera in it, so when it is loaded, rF2 focus automatically on you when you are in the replay. To focus on a given driver you must explicitally tell to rF2 to do it (it is what does the Cameras of a clip)

I will check it, when you create camera in the tool, you can tell if this camera is in free look or not (after the camera type, you have two check box, "S" for spectator camera, "F" for free look). Normally the camera is in free look only if this "F" checkbox is checked. I will look if there is a bug.

The way rF2 work with camera is different from rF1, now rF2 change the camera only when the slider reach a camera event in the VCR, so the camera change will be missed also if you move manually the slider from before a camera event to after a camera event. I cannot do anything to fix that for now.

As i finish by simply cut the orginal replay at the last clip end time, and as rF2 replay player have a predicted algorythm, maybe it is due to something like that. I will check if i have a way to cut more properly from an rF2 point of view.

It is not possible, VCR does not have any graphical information, only rF2 related pure data.

Glad to hear that, and thanks for the feedback.

2. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Thanks for these amazing tools, Gerald :)

3. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Two requests, can we get a notification of the winner taking the checkers, and can we specify camera end time.

4. Gerald Jacobson

For now, i did not find how to detect the end of a race.

What do you want to do with a end time for a camera? (as the original camera is set by the game, and not by me, i cannot go back to the original camera setting)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  5. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Used this tool last night to create a video talking about using the whole track.

Superb work mate.

6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Gerald I'm not sure if my following question was answered in this thread. If so please excuse.
    Is it possible to start rF2 from replay office with a selected replay file.
    If I'm create a replay with different clips I check the replay many times during the creation process and a shortcut from replay office to start rF2 with the selected video could save much time.

Thx for the many updates. I love this tool :)

7. Gerald Jacobson

I don't think so, as there nothing near that described in the CLI.TXT file. I will only be able to launch the solo game, but it will be useless.

8. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx for the answer. I was afraid you will answer something like this :p but on the other hand it would be only a small comfort feature so not that important thing.
    Thx alex

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  9. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

Hi Gerald, i want to notify 2 bugs i have found in your tool!.

- When merge two laps and one have been created in private session mode, the replay created is like private session (you can see both replays but not at the same time).
    - When you add laps from one vcr file the window where you can select laps is sizeable, and if you resize the window to get bigger, the button "add" remains in his original position (i think is c# .net and forget to fill the anchor properties mate?)

for the rest a great tool and you have become my guru! ;-)

if this bugs have been reported, please ignore, otherwise, hope help to you ;-)

very good job mate!

10. Gerald Jacobson

Ok i will try to find where the private flag is stored in replay. And i will fix the anchor bug. Thanks

11. Coutie

Say when you pass someone, the camera follows you for a certain amount of time afterwards, like 10 seconds or whatever. I just want to stop the clip earlier.

12. Gerald Jacobson

Sorry, i don't understand what you want compare at what the tool allows you already.

13. whitmore

whitmore Registered

Counties you can set the time for start and finish in each clip to whatever you wish.

14. Gerald Jacobson

v1.4.2.2 Available
    Lap Analyzer
    Fix those 2 bugs. Now, the new created replay is always a session of type : Test Day (public)

15. DuRiN

DuRiN Registered

good job mate!

16. Gerald Jacobson

17. Coutie

Oh, I only saw the option to set the start time.

18. Alexims

Alexims Registered

Thanks, Gerald, for the rF2 Replay Office and for your other ingenious tools.
    I saw them in your signature, in other post, btw.
    Cheers!

19. Axe

Axe Registered

hello
    I am looking for an advice:
    in lap analyzer I build a clip from qualifying session with best laps of all participants synchronized at start, track Malaysia North Loop. In original clip there was daytime, in the new clip the sky is completely black but I think it is not night, the light conditions looking at the track and cars seems to be like daylight. Also in the new replay notices the start time of the session is the same as in the original - 15:00.

20. Axe

Axe Registered

so I have tried also race analyzer. Maybe I am dumb but I am lost in setting the times for clips and cameras.
    when I make a clip from the event how can I shift start and end? - these fields are not editable. what is the purpose of the field new time? How I should use the buttons define as start/define as end? Why the field end is set to invalid when I push these buttons?
    when I add a camera change how can I edit the field at? - again it is not editable. How should I use the button Set camera time - when I push it nothing happens...