Rf2 vs gsc2013

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by msportdan, Aug 3, 2014.

1. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Same here, but I never had rFactor.

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

1.20 out hhmm

3. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

only purchased this title over the weekend ( gac2013 extreme 1.20 )
    (the devs say they are sorting dk2 support out)

not spent much time with it but 1st impressions very very impressed, seems nice & polished
    overall as a consistent package I think it's better than rf2,
    but the best of rf2 is better -nothing beats rf2's Historics & various dynamics ( lighting & track surface etc)
    but throwing in the negatives of rf2 & that's where gsce overall blips it

gsc2013 is perhaps the best value available (+some decent mods for it too)
    I really like the real feel style ffb

can't wait for gsce rift dk2 support then I can use it lol

p.s
    Reiza should use rf2 ( a polished rf2 ...drool )
    but a little birdie told me that reiza's next project ( gsc2015 ? ) will be on their own engine
    I hope this changes & they do use rf2's engine

4. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i really doubt its nearly that simple. i know they want to implement quite a few of rf2s features. why would ISI license their current engine, & if they did, what would their asking price be? its the most complex engine in simracing, it doesnt make much sense to me to let a competitor have it.

5. Domi

Domi Registered

I'd say there is less interest in Reiza purchasing rF2 engine than from ISI to sell their engine.

6. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

The next update will receive plugins that actual affect the tyre model itself (something that can't be done just by a mod). So it should get even better ;)

7. jkn87

jkn87 Registered

maybe isi should really consider employ reiza team members or make both companies cooperate together

8. msportdan

msportdan Banned

I may go to gsc just to play a season offline against good ai.

9. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

AI is the same of rFactor 1 (crap). They don't see your car. But at least default tracks are very well optimized AI lines, which softens the raw issue.

10. PaulG

PaulG Registered

I don't get it? Did ISI change their business model? They licensed out the rf 1 engine to a ton of companies. I'm sure that brought in a ton more money than they ever received from rfactor sales. I can see why companies would like to get away from licensing outsider engines, but I'm puzzled why ISI would want to get out of the business of selling them. Although maybe they have. I'm clueless about the realities here.

11. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

If you look at the history of ISI they have licensed their physics engine to developers before and they've been in business for 22 years. Seems to me they're doing something right and licensing out their software is more than likely part of their success.

12. Quartza

Quartza Registered

Thats not 100% true. I've sat on the line before and recall them going around me.

13. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Formula Truck is a good rF2 release for me.

It is unique, has great feel, great FF and is great offline for a quick bash.

The rest are pretty much dead to me apart from GPL.

If and when Jim releases Isle of Man for Grand Prix Legends I will be giving rF2 a miss for a good whiles. lol

But I guess that would be the case if any sim released a full IOM.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
  14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

No video, it didn't happen!

:D

Seriously, as far as I know, Reiza hasn't performed any hard-coded modifications in AI behavior. I've spent dozens of hours in GSC vs AI and it's identical of best rF1 tracks AI to me.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I don't think they licensed the engine to a ton of companies, I struggle to think who else besides Simbin. I think pretty much everything else was licensing rFactor.

16. PaulG

PaulG Registered

That's a good point. I guess it mostly consists of Simbin titles. I forgot how proficient that company used to be at pumping out new releases.

17. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

ISI are totally top at physics core / ffb, they are slowly sculpturing software that pretty much simulates all areas of driving/racing
    (dynamic track/weather etc), it would be a great engine for someone like reiza or similar.

maybe ISI takes a kickback for every sale, not exactly sure how it works but I'm sure it makes good business sense as no doubt it has done in the past.

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I totally agree with that bit.

Value does not come into it for me as I drive barely a few Historic cars, ( F1/F2 Spark F2Eve G4Howie ) I still have not begun to explore. !

But I guess that is why you have guys doing GPL league video 16 years on and contemplating new tracks. hehehe

I agree some crazy :p philanthropist should buy rF2 engine/licence, hire best staff ( heck buy ISI lol ) and build entire engine and data around 1967 season for me.

You telling me if you did not spend pCARS ++ sort of money you would not have the best '67 Lotus in the world. hehehe

;)

Getting a return might not be so easy doh lool

19. stonec

stonec Registered

rF1 engine is easy to customize and it has all the most essential features. Question is what does gMotor 2.5 really add above this for a 3rd party? An advanced tire model that I think only ISI themselves fully understand, an interesting realroad feature that is not fully polished, rain that is in beta stage, etc. Sound and graphics engines are basically same except for HDR feature. I don't see big enough gains here for third parties to be interested, whereas things like the tire model are now harder to customize.
    rFactor Pro is based on the concept that each team can input some modules themselves to make the simulator out of it that they want, so rF2 wouldn't bring anything new here either.

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

SRW (Sim RaceWay), 2Pez (Turismo Carrera 2000? something like that, Argentinian touring cars), The Sim Factory (ARCA Sim Racing), Reiza (GSC, Formula Truck), Simbin (Spammed to death) and I think one other group whose name escapes me right now.