Absolutely amazing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jul 29, 2014.

1. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

read the post I tried the ISI...

do you play all ISI stuff?

2. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Most of the time, yes. If you want, you can try installing all the ISI stuff before using other cars and tracks. Some components rely on ISI files instead of being self-contained. Maybe that will help.

3. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

I've had to do a complete clean install of the latest content build which kind of works except all the historic cars have no engine sound. All the communities listed on the ISI main website use 3rd party mods. ISR seems to be a fairly decent set up so I try and use the mods that are popular there.

4. Emery

Emery Registered

5. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

There is a plethora of good third party content...

Namely, check out some of feels3's stuff for tracks, as well as peclair/tjc/tosch's nurburgring nordschleife, virta_lm's mid-ohio, sebring, etc.
    For cars I've mostly just driven the ISI cars as well as the endurance payware mod from URD http://www.unitedracingdesign.net/ which is phenomenal and well worth the money imo.

6. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Exactly, who puts wood piles behind houses.

ISI does. lol :cool:

Next time you under the big signs at old Monaco have a look at the construct in the various sims.

Signs and barriers break into pieces, try the one at Malmedy ( first chicane Belgium ) .

At Italy I have run into the oval barriers and had a length of wood balanced see sawing on the nose of a F3 lol ..................absolutely amazing alright.

Another thing people rarely mention is free roam, big plus over the competition for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  7. kotakotakota

kotakotakota Registered

Lol that's definitely a good point... You can really explore a lot of these tracks in fun and different ways in rF2. Of course, that also often means that if you're driving a track for the first time, it's easy to go the wrong way when leaving the garage ;)

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Lime Rock Park anyone? :p

9. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Go the wrong way from Longford pits you can end up at the BlackStump.

10. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You can fall off the world at Longford.

11. fullsus

fullsus Registered

Before I buy rF2:

Historic cars didn't my focus. They all looking old,too slow and not for the people in this century.

After I buy rF2 and drive all Historic car:

BT20 ,EVE F1, Spark F1 are to be my favorite car immediately. The reason is not the picture that I see or anything but It's the method to drive these car.It's the pure mechanic , pure downforce, basic compound tire. The funny will start when you are in 1st at low speed and continue until high speed compare to modern car your funny will start lately at middle to high speed.

Historic car in rF2 is the winning all sim that I play (AC, iRacing) in term of driving physic. Every small input in rF2 such as Throttle, break I can see output but another sim I must put the bigger input than rF2 to see the same output or some input another sim don't response.

But compare in term of the picture I don't know because GTX660 at triple monitor must setting in everything to low in every sim.
    These level I can't see the different.

12. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Have you tried one screen fully maxed just to see what it's like?

13. fullsus

fullsus Registered

As I remember one screen setting I can setting all to middle + high can't set to max. With my core i3.

Iracing have the best in track detail.
    AC picture is better than rF2.
    rF2 have better HDR.

The sim is the best to me is 1st driving physic +2nd good looking picture. But these sim still waiting something to release .
    I hope that sim will be All 3 of them that time I will buy 870 or 970 4G to run at max. setting (Hope so).

14. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

Thanks Emery I will have a look at those...I now have rF2 working again and it is the best simulation there is. I am looking more into private leagues but I don't see how it's really possible not to have some 3rd party stuff on there. I mean look at rF1...there's an insane amount of 3rd party stuff for that.

Using 3rd party mods should NOT corrupt your installation...sure it may crash rF or make it behave weird but not cause significant problems. Counter strike Source has servers with all sorts of weird mods on them but it never needs reinstalling. I think ISI need to move away from using this as a reason for the game becoming corrupted. rF wouldn't be a tenth what it was today without all the brilliant mods that have been made for it.

Anyway I now have Blancpain and F2 both on ISR servers and it's awesome fun especially the former. Will see how long the installation lasts.

15. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

@The Darkness:

Here's a list I made of all content in rF2, including third party mods, you might want to check out.

Tracks

ISI:
    Indianapolis - Oval, RC 2007, RC 2013, RC 2014
    Lime Rock Park
    Loch Drummond
    Mills - Inner B and Inner C especially
    Monaco 66
    Monza 66
    Palm Beach
    Estoril
    Sepang
    Silverstone
    Spa Francorchamps 66

Mod:
    Bahrain 1.0
    Croft 1.0
    Daytona RC 1.15
    Dunsfold Park .91
    Essington 1.04
    Hockenheim-Ring 1.0
    Imola 2006 1.01
    Interlagos 1.03 (multiplayer)
    Lienz .92
    Longford .92
    Poznan 1.0
    Putnam Park 1.0
    Spa Francorchamps .86 or 1.0
    Symmonds Plains .95
    Suzuka 1.1
    Texas World Speedway 1.1
    VLM Le Mans 1991 1.0
    VLM Mid-Ohio 2.01
    VLM Nazareth Speedway 1.0
    VLM Sebring 1.90

Cars

- Formula -

ISI:
    Brabham/Eve/Spark F1
    Formula ISI 2012
    Formula Renault 3.5 2014
    Indycar 1.5

- GT -

ISI:
    BTCC Civic
    Corvette 2009 GT2
    Howston G4/G6
    Nissan GT-R GT3

Mod:
    Lola T280 1.3
    RMT Renault Mégane Trophy 1.11
    URD Endurance GT 1.8
    URD T5 Touring 2013 1.8

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2014
  16. Twista

Twista Registered

ISI made Estoril, not Portimao/Algarve Circuit :)

17. sFactor

sFactor Registered

perhaps people are relating the old video and photographic technologies from days of old is my "guess"?

18. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

It was the color pigment and shades, building material, even the environment of the time.

If you were there you would understand those old video and photo actually are more reality then what you put down to old technology

19. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

Just want to add, apart from running F3 at many ISI tracks, try the Eve Matra Mod. OMG, this is by far the best ball clenching mod I have ever run (that is, no other mod has made my balls clench involuntarily). When I was running at Brianza 10k a number of things on my PC desk where bouncing around so much they fell off the deslk. No other sim has felt this realistic - and I go back to Crammond's Formula One Grand Prix - and even earlier Pole Position in arcades and whatever the hell the one on the orginal hand held was called. I ran a few championships in the Indy Extended League (IEC), I wonder who is around in rF2 who competed then?

20. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

@ Guimengo

Many thanks for that and sry for the late reply...there is certainly a lot there and I think you could add quite a lot with Bathurst, Historic F2, Blancpain, Brno etc.

Now that I have rF2 working nicely now, knock on wood, Iam really loving it and it is the best sim by a long way. It's got a good future with all those playing rF1 slowly moving across.

I just hope that I don't have any nightmare reinstalls.