Absolutely amazing...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kotakotakota, Jul 29, 2014.

1. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

When I drive a Lotus at Historic Monza in pCARS and AC they do not look or feel historic.

They look and feel more like modern replicas.

Do not know how else to explain it.

Argument with whom ? I honestly do not care what anyone else thinks nor if they feel the same things.

On Topic ? ........................ why can't Historical ambiance be something that amazes you about rF2 ?

On the specific topic .......I said in 1st post at least for the F3 it has always felt as good from day 1.......... " I did not get this bad for 2 builds thing"

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
  2. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I think I know exactly what you mean and I think it's what I mentioned in my first post here last page:

That video of Alexander Rossi in the 1967 Lotus in Austin is what the car looked like back in the day, and color contrasts and ambiance would have too. Watching onboard footage of Jim Clark looks as it does because of capture technology at the time. Take a Eagle Mk1 around Oulton today and compare it to footage from 1967-68, it will feel like a replica to you despite it being the exact same thing. Don't let perception drive reality.

3. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Think of the things contribute to 50 years of ambiance.

Colour palette of the time and the refractive quality

Material of the time timber finishes, glass materials and thickness, road surfaces

Environmental changes in air quality, atmosphere and refracted light.... ozone layer , global warming.

I not going to deny it has a lot to do with how far you sink into it.......
    rF2 at Belgium I smell the av gas and oily rags, in overcast weather I feel the cold........seriously.

After all that is what a lot of types of entertainment are about.......... letting go of reality.

RF2 just does it better for me then 1966 pCARS and AC :)

4. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

You can't accept that people find rF2 more authentic for old stuff. Topic closed.

5. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Sorry for causing this lopl ;)

I was just trying to relate this is what is "Absolutely-amazing" to me in rF2 and has been from day one.

I mean I know it is more down to personal taste.

Example, like the difference of opinion of ENB in GTR, GTL Race, rFactor, etc.

Some love it some hate it and that is down to your personal perception and taste.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

HAHAHAHAHA, oh wow. I should know to not click "Show Post" on most people on my list anyway but sometimes I still do it.

7. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Hey.

The only thing I would find "Absolutely- more amazing" then rF2 ......

A new rF2 version, engine built entirely for Historics ........then think of every garage setting, menus, aids, huds, buttons or anything else does not belong in era and ban it.

lopl :)

8. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

No idea.

9. msportdan

msportdan Banned

must admit ive been having the odd blast with the new 64 Rf2 and its a blast real good ai racing (which cant be said for many racers out there).
    loving it. Good range of cars inc URD and the spec mx5.. and even vanilla tracks are good

10. hector0501

hector0501 Registered

I have had rf2 since it was first available, but somehow never got into it, I spent a lot of time with pcars, AC and DTM from simbin, but with pcars in particular I have become fed up with daily updates. I thought I'd give rf2 another go a couple of months ago and splashed out on the T5 mod, now I am using nothing else! The EGT mod and the 2013 F1 mod are also excellent and I am loving every minute.
    I am not knocking AC, pcars or simbin as I think there is room for all and I think we are particularly lucky with the quality of racing sims that are available at the moment.

Just thought I'd add my opinion

11. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Absolutely.
    If you think about it, of the top 4 right now only 2 are officially released via iRacing and rFactor 2 (though obviously still undergoing development). I can't think of other segments that have so many options, perhaps airplanes and space exploration and that's it? But other areas like motorcycle racing, soccer (football), basketball, hockey, volleyball, and so many other sports - motorsports mind you! - that are dearly loved but greatly lacking in games that can be deemed sims.

12. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I dont know how a sim can be better than the other only in historic tracks. It just makes no sense IMO. All the differences between historic and modern should come out from modding and not from the sim itself. I think some people cannot get from their minds the old washed out low quality videos from 60s and 70s and think a sim should look the same if using historic content...

13. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Did you just call rF2 old washed out quality?

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Thoughts of the past or the past bring out old pictures, the person then visualize, and the poorer image quality then connects to something old. Of course the illustration is the image of the past that is also the use of old logos, layouts, colours and shades. The total picture creates the overall impression than and rf2 succeed already quite good at this point, even if still something needs to be improved.

15. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

No, the old racing videos from 60s are washed out and low quality.

16. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yeah, but rF2 doesn't look like that. There's so much detail, like clothing, cars, hay bales, scoring tables, signs, the engines are raw. Just look at Spa, you're right there.

There's just that damn pace car that looks fdumb as hell.

17. Slimjim

Slimjim Registered

@ OP, the latest build did help quite a bit, but you got most of your performance upgrades going from the GTX 260 to the 770, not the update.
    that is at least a 6 year jump in GPU's. 6 years is a long time when talking PC stuff.

18. The Darkness

The Darkness Registered

well i am glad that everyone seems to love rf2 so much...personally i spend the whole time trying to get the damn thing to work...and there seems to be no ISI races so I go for 3rd party stuff and it corrupts the installation. the sim itself is great, although the graphics are a bit suspect...just cause 2 is 5 years older and it makes rf2 look like pacman.

i dunno mybe when I finally get BES to work maybe I can love RF2 but I'm not holding my breath as I sure that there will be some little 'error' or 'component missing' and I will just get pissed off with..

19. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

If you want to play with cheap rips from other games mish-mashed together by amateurs, I don't think your criticism is quite valid.

20. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Have you been to Spa? The attention to detail is there - like with Monaco - but once original content is revisited and brought up to rival today's standards it will truly be delightful.