Assertion Failed

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Timmy, Jul 28, 2014.

1. Timmy

Timmy Registered

Hey everyone,

Did a format yesterday and installed rf2 again. Used the rFactor Light Build 798 installer. Running 64bit opperating system.
    I go online to our server (that was updated from 770 to 798) and getmod starts downloading the missing components.
    At some point I get the following message: Assertion Failed. (Screenshot is included)

I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but it keeps giving me this message at some point (not at one specific file)
    When I select Ignore it keeps running for a bit and crashes, the 2 other options make rf2 close straight away.
    If I try again it will start downloading all files again, also the ones that were supposed to be installed succesfully the tries before
    (those files are not in the packages folder btw).
    Other league members don't seem to have this problem so I expect it's on my end and not the server's.

If there is any other info needed let me know and I'll try to provide it.

Thanks for any help,

Timmy

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

I got this message too in quitting the Online mode (I played on a server I already got all elements and all was well in game).

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I've just encountered this too. The vmod I experianced this with included the 370 and it would crash when installing the 370 sounds component. I then tried to install the downloaded component within ModMgr and it said it was unable to verify. It looks like 798 has a bug where it crashes if it downloads a rfcmp that fails to pass validation. I downloaded the 370 sound cmp dirrect from ISI and it too fails to pass validation.

Could someone else try downloading the 370 sound cmp and see if it will pass validation with ModMgr?

Here is a direct link:
    http://rfactor.net/downloads/getmod...7f76cc9446ec8090bac280627297aaac784432c231834

4. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Confirmed, it fails to verify for me too.

5. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Thanks!

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Timmy, was the 370 included in your vmod? Could you upload your vmod somewhere so I can check it out?

7. Timmy

Timmy Registered

Hey Noel,

I don't think it was included since I had only the core installed (rF2 Lite ) and tried to sync our VEC mod (wich you know I think ;) ).
    I didn't have a single package in there. I'll check for the validation when I get home in about an hour or two.

Thanks everyone for the replies btw.

Timmy

8. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Ah... I see your post over on the VEC forum. I will work with you over there. TBH I haven't done a full GetMod download of our mod on 798. I will uninstall all our content and clear out my packages folder and then try joining to see if one of the components is failing to pass validation.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay Timmy, I did a full download and didn't get any attention failed errors and all of the components passed validation. I did have lots of problems downloading everything though. I started with nothing installed and an empty packages folder. I connected and it started downloading but then just hung. The progress bar was at 100% for the last rfcmp and then it says "starting blablabla" but doesn't actually start the next component. I can also verify on my GetMod server that the game never actually queries my server despite the fact that it says it started the download. So I then have to close rF2, go into the ModMgr and then install the downloaded components by hand. Then I try joining again.... it hangs so I repeat the process again. Sometimes it only downloads one component and then hangs. Sometimes it downloads several back to back without hanging. I am going to test on another machine now and see if I get the same inconsistent results.

10. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

I'm getting the same experience on another machine. It's totally random. Sometimes it will download 6 components back to back and sometimes it stops after just one component.

11. Timmy

Timmy Registered

Thanks for the help.
    Maybe this can help:
    I tried to verify my installation. Every single file has a 'failed inegrity check' or 'failed verification' next to it.

12. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

When I say the verification I am referring to the actual rfcmp files that are in the packages folder. When you install a rfcmp in the ModMgr it does a verification before installing it. But as I said, everything in our VEC mod passed validation. So that shouldn't be a problem.

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have this error too but only when I run 64bit, dedicated or game, when I run dedicated and game in 32bit all seem to work.

Can somebody else confirm this?

14. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Nice find Ari. I will do some testing on the 32bit build and report back.

15. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Okay, I don't seem to be getting the Assertion Failed message on the 32bit build. But it is still randomly hanging between components. It runs to 100% and then says starting download for the next component but never actually starts the next download and I have confirmed on my GetMod service that the game never actually initiates the connection.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Are all components downloaded in you mod manager but not all are installed ?

17. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

vmod I have been struggling with is -F2R-Blancpain- (BES 1.0, BES 1.1 sound and two tracks) and it is a huge vmod. Get missing Component works now, but only when game and dedicated server is running 32bit.
    If 64bit is used Get missing component downloads only few components and you have to log off from MP, go to Mod Manager, install uninstalled components delete vmod, log to MP again .......... and do this as many times it takes, Get Missing Component works as 64bit also but it is bit too complicated to most of users :mad:

Get Missing Component has lot off bugs and I have noticed that if MultiCmp is used when mod is installed to dedicated server Get Missing Component don`t work 100% with all mods and to avoid this problem I have been using Noel`s GetMod Manager Export function and I am allways installing all components (car, sound, talent) separately.

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Our vmod has 18 components and on the 64bit build it hangs just as you are describing. Like you said I have to close the game, run ModMgr, install what it was able to download so far, then rejoin and repeat. Sometimes it stops after each component. It's totally random. I did another test on our vmod using the 32bit client and it looked like it was going to work but stopped after downloading about 13 components. I am running x64 on the server though. I will try also switching the server over to the 32bit build and see if that helps.