[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Yes very sad. I wouldn't hesitate to name the offending group so we can apply some community shunning or other response that is appropriate for people with limited morals.

2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  3. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

LMAO youd have to shun every community .. people like to see there logos when they load a track, dont know why but they do .

@DJC and Tosch
    Big deal wouldnt worry about it its not your track anyway just a very well converted version that you guys and peclair have put alot of time into

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

The only thing I've ever wanted to do is replace some advertising boards on track with my leagues logo but no idea how so never bothered.

Plus I thought it would be annoying for people having to have multiple installs of the same circuit for that.

5. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah I know not all do it but many out there edit tracks for that reason and it does make multiple installs of the exact same track, ive seen it with mine
    in saying that it cant be stopped and is very common

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

But you must admit at least that replacing creator credits with own credits is pretty rude, no?

7. Carlo

Carlo Registered

+1

With all the time and effort that DJC and Tosch have put into this project, that is just plain wrong.

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

This is ridiculous reasoning. Whose track it is, in this unregulated non-commercial environment is based on the number of hours of effort and the resulting quality/popularity of the work. Based on that, Nords is DJC's and Tosch's track. Just a very well converted version my ass. It exceeds the original by a factor of 5. 99% of the other conversions out there don't even meet the quality of the original.

9. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

This! +111111111111111111111111111111111

10. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I gunna say again just to troll. lol

over a decade my call for uniformity falls on deaf ears like it's dead man walkin'

Honestly, I just don't get it.

We should have a modders and painters co-op decade ago I serious

Should be a right way and wrong way for everything and that divide made.

I know it is a cliche but even knitting groups have clubs, they have standards, methods and rules .........it is what defines them.

Any Pastime or Hobby does, ecspically international ones.

All we have after 20+ years is a ramshackle selection of sites.

You realize how much money could come into a organization like for yearly dues and the things you could accomplish through such funds.

Modders and painters could have a real home, Modders licences and all.

11. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

yeah agree thats a bit wrong.. should just be left

12. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

dude no matter how much work gets done on this track its always gonbe the orginal authors track

in saying that it has certainly been brought to life 10 fold lol

13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Got an apology from the admin of that server, all cool now.

Mind you I'm small bit guilty of this too. In our league sometimes we need to fix or mod tracks where in some cases there maybe not enough pit spaces or garages, or there could be a bug that needs fixing that would have otherwise stopped us using it. This would be added as part of the vMod (the small file you download from server), total size less than 2 meg in size. The guilty part is, I would sometimes add stuff like hot air balloons or some fun stuff :p. In the case of our Brianza1966 race, first race of season in the Brabhams-BT20, this was not long after Jack Brabham death, after adding lots of pit spaces I added to loading screen a picture of him as a sort of memorial. People were very thankful for it.
    Guilty ha :D

Moving on...
    I found Tosch in the forest working hard
    [​IMG]

I been working in the GP area again, getting the VLN layout in to shape.

DJC

14. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol..... nice pic

how many layouts are there gonna be ?
    just watch the sector timing thing I know some of the versions didn't work on com8's leaving through the right hand gate

15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

I won't.

Despite pleclair's boundless passion and herculean efforts, much of his contribution in terms of hours has been lost or required more hours to undo. DJC and Tosch are now and have from the moment they touched this track been making steady and high quality progress. Of course pleclair and COM8 should always remain in the credits, but as far as I am concerned, DJC and Tosch have every right to "own" this track.

That being said, it's still an illegal track (COM8 never had any proper legal permissions for it in the first place), so we don't need to get carried away with debates over ownership. It's about respecting the selfless effort that ultimately DJC and Tosch should receive our boundless thanks for.

16. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

they definately can take ownership to there conversion/rebuild
    and all the effort is appreciatted by all
    it wouldnt be like it is now if com8 said dont touch it tho ;p

any way all this talk about a beautiful track makes me wanna drive a walkinshaw round it lol

17. Tosch

Tosch Registered

It's not our track. It's our project (atm). The track belongs to the rFactor community. There were so many people involved to realise this, no single person can claim ownership.

I invite everybody to help to improve this thing, but if someone asks me for permission to convert this track to Sim XYZ, I can't give any permissions, because it's not mine. The situation has changed a bit. It is now not only Com8's Nordschleife, it is Com8's Nordschleife + mianiac's GP track, modified by the rFactor community. Karl Marx would be proud of us. :p

18. JRoque

JRoque Registered

Hi all!

Yes, Com8 brought in eggs, Mianiac brought in the flour, Pleclair got the sugar... but this cake belongs to Tosch and DJC who baked it to perfection.

19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

+1 an excellent analogy. Traditional ownership in this context is meaningless.

20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

By the way, are you going to finish your tracks, or give permission for someone else to do it?