[REL] Nordschleife3 v3.00

Discussion in 'Locations' started by DJCruicky, Jul 22, 2014.

1. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Welcome to..... THE GREEN HELL
    This is the community made version of the famous track the Nordschleife.
    20220416064016_1.jpg

History
    2013:

A talented person called Pleclair converted the rFactor 1 Nordschleife track by Com8 to rFactor2.
    Pleclair did a huge amount of work on the track bring it up to rFactor2 standards, smoothing the road meshes, adding billboard trees, real road, new textures. Please see link to his original thread.
    Link to Pleclair original thread-> Here
    Link to Com8 rFactor1 website-> Here

2014 to 2015:
    Tosch and I took over from Pleclair after he left the project.
    We released many updates. Our highlights were adding the 24 hour and VLN layouts that include the GP track. Also brining a Autumn coloured graphics set too.
    Thanks to Mianiak for letting us use his Newerburg F1 track as a base for our GP section. In turn, his track is a conversion of an ISI rFactor 1 track but heavily updated.

2016: Unfortunately sad news, Tosch disappeared. He was a regular poster to this forum but this suddenly stopped. Same with his Youtube channel. I do not know any more than this, but I fear the worst news. If you know he is safe let us know.

2018: Updated colour of textures to try make them compatible with Studio 397's new DX11 update plus added many other improvements. Release notes Here.

2021: Added new layout 'Bridge to Gantry' plus made more fixes and improvements.
    Release notes Here.

2022: New layout 'Rally Reverse'. Drive this famous track in the reverse direction.
    Added huge list of improvements. Over 13 Kilometres of FIA Mesh Wire fences added. Added ALL missing guardrails. New track side objects. Tourist area face lift with new objects. Release notes Here.

Some assets were used from old ISI/S397 tracks like tents and people. Credits to them, thank you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The track now comes with 6 layouts:
    • Nurburgring 24 hour
    • VLN
    • Tourist Summer
    • Tourist Autumn
    • Bridge to Gantry
    • Rally Reverse {NEW}

Things to know:-
    For the 24 and VLN layouts, see pictures the route to start a timed lap without having to do a full lap of the Nords. After you have done a lap of GP track please follow route as seen in the pictures below:-.
    GRAB_1076.JPG
    GRAB_1077.JPG
    Please note: With the new Build of rFactor, with its new Track Limits system, this short cut is now broken. As a work around, please set 'Track Limits Rules' to OFF and the short cut will work again. This option is found under the 'EDIT SETTINGS' tab.

For the Tourist layouts, if you drive through the right-hand lane before the end of the pitlane, your timer will start at the bridge. This saves doing a full warmup lap.
    The Bridge to Gantry layout is same as the Tourist layout except your time with end at the gantry. When you finish your lap and get back to the start area you can choose to go in the left lane of cones for another lap, or the right lane to get fuel and tyres. Please keep to the pitlane speed limit.

Special Note for 'Rally Reverse' and 'Bridge To Gantry' layouts.
    These layouts are designed for point to point. It's possible to do races in race mode but please beware if you do more than 1 lap the game starts counting the time from the finish gate to the start gate as well. So, if you are running a server and lap times are important, I would recommend you set the race session to a timed race and set it to 5 minutes. This way the race ends at 1 lap. If lap times are not important then just race them like any other track. Practice and Qualify sessions are not affected by this limitation.

Also, When driving the Rally Reverse layout with AI, please set Fuel usage to None. Because there are 2 Start/Finish lines on this layout rFactor wrongly calculates the fuel for the AI and they can run out. Setting fuel usage to None is the work around for this layout.

Best Graphics settings:
    Cloud settings can change the look of the track greatly. I would try avoid Clear sky on the Summer layouts as that seems to bleach the graphics. Please use at minimum Light Clouds or higher.

Also, the leafless trees on the 'Reverse Rally' layout benefit greatly with setting your graphics Antialiasing to the highest setting. With low settings trees in the distance can look pixelated and transparent. If your computer can handle it, run it with 8x and they will look very good.

Download link:
    Version 3.00 [681MB] 17/04/22
    Now on Steam Workshop HERE

Older versions:
    Version 2.40 [610MB] 06/12/21
    Version 2.30 [566MB] 18/03/18
    Version 2.01 [576MB] 13/02/15
    Version 1.99beta [561MB] 25/12/14
    Version 1.81 [392MB] 07/09/14
    Version 1.70 [623MB] 22/07/14

Happy playing
    DJC

20220416163228_1.jpg

[​IMG]

20220416010214_1.jpg

20220416005920_1.jpg

[​IMG]

20220413031454_1.jpg

20220414000613_1.jpg

20220301224055_1.jpg

20220415025815_1.jpg

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2023
    PirroC, Sergey, marmagas and 27 others like this.
  2. tjc

tjc Registered

:cool:

Many thanks guys... :)

(You handsome devils... )

:D

chisco85 likes this.
  3. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... download link says invalid or deleted file...

:confused:

chisco85 likes this.
  4. Justy

Justy Registered

Anyone else having problems with the download link? Download not working for me. :(

I have been having troubles with my router the past few days and I'm not sure if this is a problem at my end or not. Either way, many many thanks for the update gents. Can't wait to try this (and the new build) out when I sort my ruddy connection out.

EDIT: Ah, not just me then. ^^

5. Hazi

Hazi Registered

DL not working - link seems to be wrong.
    TIA

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

7. tjc

tjc Registered

Yay!

That`s working Tosch. :)

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

9. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Holy crap you guys have gone nuts over this! Great job! Looking forward to testing! T H A N K S ! ! ! !

10. delapecs

delapecs Registered

Downloading now. Thank you guys, you make my day !!

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Uploading to Mega atm. Just in case you have trouble with the mediafire download.

12. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Great stuff, you guys!

13. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

WOW. Christmas in July. Thank you Tosch and DJC. Will test later.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  14. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Thank you so much DJC and Tosch.....love your work on this ;)

15. gabriel666

gabriel666 Registered

Thank you guys!!!! :eek:

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

AMAZING! Collaboration at its finest, rF2 style!
    Thank you both so much!

17. hardtohandle

hardtohandle Registered

Sweet, your good at waving your magic wand over RF2 tracks you are.

18. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Just had a quick test...

Fine step in the right direction! Very good! Sorry to probably spoil some partying... But I gotta say I hope you guys find someone who can 3D-mash those curb stones down to the ground again :)

Loved the texture-work, Tosch, even some new 3D objects too! Specially the grassy grass in the paddock :)

19. canastos

canastos Registered

A big, big thank you, DJC and Tosch!
    I'm shocked and I hadn't even installed it (yet) ;)

byyyyyyyye

20. bwana

bwana Registered

Love you guys!! Thanks. Hope Peclair does a update to 798 and then tries his bastard child ... Im sure he will be smiling in Rf2 again