Build 798 Tires

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jimcarrel, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Coanda

Coanda Registered

I was referring to post analysis of tyre temps & slip angles. No mate my screen is very clean at the moment as Trackmap doesn't work in 64bit. I take your point though. Personally I like to have a little bit of additional data in the car. It is no different to what an F1 driver could see through his enlarged LED display or receive from his race engineer. IMO ISI don't do this very well.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I'm hoping people who followed this thread until post #42 above me don't think they wasted their time. They do what they want to do, speculating, sharing feeling, just reading, etc. and if you think you wasted your time by reading the 40 post above your, man, fair enough, that's you own feeling and you should have stop before #40, at least, this is what I do when I'm reading something I think it's useless, and I don't post at the end saying words and explaining everybody they're loosing their time or have stupid arguments ;) Well, I suppose that's what we call The Internet ;) :)

3. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

For me especulating about something which is certain and can has a thorough answer is wasting my time. If it is finally said that no tire model or FFB changes have been implemented it will prove how much time wasting and getting into confusion to other people has been provoked by this types of threads.

And as you say, this is the internet and there is room for everything and there will always be people like me that will say what he thinks about a certain matter, whether you like it ir not.

I read the thread because I have interest to know if the tire model has changed ot not. But what I have been looking for is ISIs reply about it which has not occurred yet. As expected though.

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have no idea either why we should stop the speculation. Might as well shut down the forum then. That's that it's there for!

Jeez man, some people... The Internet must be a foreign concept to some still.

If a thread seems useless to you, then don't waste your time reading it. No one is forcing you.
    Clearly it isn't useless to the people participating in it. Get over yourself.

5. samuelw

samuelw Registered

Haven't had chance for long drive yet and didn't test previous much, but 798 feels great with more feedback. First laps at Brianza really noticed the Spark F2 understeering into Curve Grande, followed by 4-wheel drifts through the 1st and 2nd Lesmo, and oversteer into Parabolica. All of the preceding feels very fluidv and seamless. Also my G27 seems to rattle less. On the Brianza Banking I previously had to set smooothing to about 20 to keep my wheel attached to my cockpit. Did multiple laps without severe rattling before remembering I hadn't reset smoothing from 5 to 20.
    Very pleased
    SW

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Grow up and dont lose time in speculation when it is not needed. What does that have to do with shutting down the forum? The forum is to provide useful information not to contaminate with absurd speculation that might turn into confusion or, even worse, to misinformation. I must say that I really don't care if you enjoy these stupid discussions. Each one enjoys his spare time as he wills. I guess some people like to discuss about the sex of the angels and that's it.

7. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Yeah I'm running zero smoothing where I used to run 5-9. But isn't that suspicious???

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

*Insert Will Ferrell meme here*

9. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Don't tell me to grow up. Thank you.
    I will discuss and speculate all that I wish to.

Many people are reporting differences in the feel of the tires or force feedback.
    One poster even has data to back up that claim. Maybe more will follow. Who knows.

We are having a rather constructive discussion here.
    You on the other hand, aren't contributing very much.

The forum is for communicating... People, you know, communicating with each other.
    Sharing experiences, bouncing ideas and suggestions off of each other, complimenting, asking, answering, all that jazz.

Your kind of paranoia really isn't helpful.
    If there's something to all this (as it seems to be the case) more power to us.
    If not, big deal. It's just a freakin' racing sim... :rolleyes:

If that rubs you the wrong way, well, I guess the Internet must be a very tough place for you to navigate.
    You have my sympathy. :)

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

An iSI replay would be constructive for sure. Thanks for your sympathy. You have mine as well.

11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Thanks, that's sorted and out of the way then. :)

A replay..?

12. Emery

Emery Registered

Real Road was changed (and called out), so maybe that's what we're feeling? I felt the subtle difference right after firing up build 770.

As I recall, Tim had dropped a comment in the Build 770 release thread that the tire contact patch developments hadn't been released yet.

13. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

It'd be funny if:

1- Tim confirmed (April Fool's style) this so everyone would jump on board the placebo train
    2- Denied any changes

I haven't touched anything in a while but it could be improvements to other areas of the game that have a positive impact on certain areas.

14. speed1

speed1 Banned

Understand, yes some car info isn't very well to use, especially with some FOV,Seat settings or without the virtual steering wheel visible with the open wheeler as example. The arcade huds i do not like that much as well. :)

@Spaskis

I really don't know whats wrong with you but me is also very honest and direct, and you for sure have any problem. It seems you are only happy when you can destroy the good mood of the people when they are actually enjoying there life and maybe the conversation.

We are not at school here or any disciplinary training, and for sure you are not our boss. Maybe you should really watch tv to relax you something if our conversations are too boring and uninformative for you.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Denied any changes is nearly impossible IMO ;)

A change in the weather routine, or in the low level startup file, or the chassisflex routine, or <insert here nearly all routines of rF2) can induce this improvement feeling some have (like me). So even if devs say: no change have been directly made to the tire model or FFB routine, the consequence of an other changes, can be indirectly linked for more or less far, to the feeling we have between our hand. Between B770 and B798 do you think possible zero routine which can have some consequences on FFB or physic have been even slightly touched? How many routines between the contact patch and hands of the driver?

Do you remember having a new build and thinking : omg what they did? FFB is now awful, it's a regression, they break something, etc? I can't remember reading a thread starting like that. From the beginning it improve more or less quickly, more or less strongly, build after build, and that's the important things IMO. What we feel today (what some of us feel today) can be a cumulative result of several changes made by devs from previous months and added from build to build. Quality improve, I'm pretty sure the vast majority of person think like this, and that's the important thing obviously.

16. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

A weekend away with a good woman in the Italian mediterranean will ease his tensions.

17. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Wheel output seems changed... ooops speculation, forget that. what a waste of time.

Driving a whole lot of laps setting in front of monitor....oops really weird speculation on what it would be like to race, forget that. what a waste of time.

:confused:

18. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Tim said some change was needed (can't remember exactly what but I thought was contact patch or general tire model) before rr could be decelerated and rr was decelerated in 770 so?

19. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I burst out laughing!
    Sure, that'll cure what ails him. :p

My thoughts exactly, if it had been a direct change of the tire model or ffb, it would have been noted in the change log.
    I'm sure it's subtle changes in the very core of the sim, maybe something that's meant to make way for larger changes later on.
    There is definitely change in one sense or another.

20. myself9

myself9 Registered

Count me as another who claims to feel a difference in the tire model. What it is, I couldn't say.

I read about these supposed changes before I tried the new build, so I trying my hardest to debunk the power of suggestion.

I SWEAR I feel like I can actually push the Howsten around a bit, rather than feeling that it's the Howsten that's in charge ;)