rFactor 2 Build 798 Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, Jul 22, 2014.

1. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Found this from trackmap plugin thread:

I understood that rf2\plugins folder is now useless but doesn't seem like it.

2. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

This bug appeared first in Build 770 and still there in Build 798: Suspensions and wheels are not connected for all cars but the one you're focused on (the one you drive or the one you focus using + and - key).

You can see this in the short video below, made on extremes conditions (Lost Valley + F3 Eve) to show the bug. It happen for all cars (tested with Interceptor, Panoz, any historic cars, etc.) on all tracks, in game. Watch E.g. rear suspensions and wheels of the yellow/green car on my left. All settings at max but reflections at low.

That's the bug which annoy me the most as it's visually a regression and it's here from the last 28 builds! (from 770 to 798, how can I be so extreme?!?! ;)), and that's really a big BadaBug because this bug just appear live, and all is fine when watching the replay! (reversed flag?) ;)

Not that important, annoying for sure IMO :p

Edit: and Oh! Thanks for this new Build ISI Team :)

3. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Installed by Update tab, changed the path of the launcher shortcut and all working well.
    Servers updates too, multiple profiles working, and autodownload mod working well, all is fine, now we can relaunc our online races with several servers !!! Good job ISI.
    Pending now for a solution for the moddev issue.

4. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

I followed the Berney instructions for the SimXPerience 64bit plugin and no success so far, SimCommander still crash when the plugin icon is gone, and all is fine when rF2 32bit is selected through advanced tab of Launcher. I did a small video to show Berney my settings and what happen exactly and posted it in SimXperience forum, will see if that can help! ;).

5. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

Howdy,

How do I get something other than the Demo???

I NEED the dedicated.exe to run my server.

I can't/won't register it on my VPS at NRT because, that breaches your agreement to only have it installed on one computer. I have a nasty email from someone at IsI telling me so.

Bryan

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

I quickly tested the new build with an auto update which proceeded without effort and problems, started the simulation, loaded the standard controller profile for the T500RS, loaded the last used vehicle the DW12 and driven......................., a fantastic driving emotion as ever but with the impression of a slight improvement overall, feeling wise.

Shortly after I loaded my experimental controller profile for this vehicle, driven...............and it was still fantastic, in some points even better while other parts still need to be optimized but I'm going to do it in the course of time. :)

I also have no problems with the menue or something, everything runs as smooth as silk as always and the performance has not changed in general, but there was also nothing to complain about previously.

Thank you ISI, very good work again ! :)

7. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Here, Bryan: http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/rf2dl/

Or click here for Lite install: http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/lite-installer-mirrors/

Or click here for Full(Content) install: http://rfactor.net/web/getfile/content-installer/

8. Hazi

Hazi Registered

Update failed:
    Removal of file: L:\RF770\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe before updating was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\Support\DirectX\DXSETUP.exe was successful
    Removal of file: L:\RF770\Support\DirectX\DSETUP.dll before updating was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\Support\DirectX\DSETUP.dll was successful
    Removal of file: L:\RF770\Support\CLI.txt before updating was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\Support\CLI.txt was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\Support\798.uninstall was successful
    Removal of file: L:\RF770\ReadMe.txt before updating was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\ReadMe.txt was successful
    Removal of file: L:\RF770\Manifests\all tracks & cars_10.mft before updating was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\Manifests\all tracks & cars_10.mft was successful
    Adding file from compressed source: L:\RF770\Launcher\ssleay32.dll was NOT successful
    Update procedure has detected and error and stopped

Tried 2nd time and same error message after I started the launcher/update again!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  9. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

With the new build Launcher only starts once after rebooting computer. i'm able to start game normally...but.. when i close launcher, it wont start again!! it shows up in task manager but the launcher window doesn't come up to screen anymore, only the first time after reboot it fires up normally.
    I have tried updating old build, installing fresh to other location, every thing that comes to mind. have run registry cleaners after uninstall, then tried again, and nothing works.

I installed to other than C drive because i like to keep my c drive as clean as possible (only os) because i have noticed that it gives windows os a bit longer lifespan in the computer before it just goes to **** like all windows in time will..

Win 7 64bit, i5 3570k, 7970, 16G ram

This is just.....Aaargh!!!!!!!

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Not directed at anybody special but I really try to understand why all these problems exist for some and I really wonder, because I have never had such strange experiences with rf2.

Could it perhaps partly have to do with the hardware, maybe wrong RAM settings, bad rams, overclocking, system trashed/messed up, or is it just incorrect use of the system in general ? Maybe it's just bad interplay of hardware,....... no idea but it's really strange all these simple errors i've read all the time.

I really can somehow not imagine that it always is due to the software or application, I simply refuse to accept it. Please don't feel offended but something is strange. :confused:

It also is so easy to install a clean windows on any partition, what i would do if i would run in trouble more often than for two times, to test.

11. Miro

Miro Registered

Had the same problem after the update just to test if it's working. The launcher was in the main rf2 directory. I killed the process and could launch again after going to the "launcher" directory and start there.

Afterwards I did a fresh install and noticed there is not launcher anymore in the main rf2 folder.

12. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

I can play normally every other game, and was able to play rF2 in all previous versions, both 32 and 64bit versions, so i dont think it's my os- or hardware-settings to blame...

And, as long as i dont close the launcher window, i can start the game and exit and start it again, no problem. But as soon as I close the launcher window, i have to reboot to get it started up again.

Now i can only play with fresh os start up + first launcher start up! and ONLY OFFLINE because the 32bit game crashes(stops responding) if i join a 64bit server with a 32bit game.
    (edit: 32bit game crashes online on server joining with both: 64 and 32bit servers)

If join with 64bit game then all works but im forced to use 32bit because Track IR still doesn't work with 64bit and i can't play sims without it. So I guess its no online gaming for me untill this is fixed :(

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
  13. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

If i have accidentally closed the launcher window, i cant start it up again from anywhere. tried the launcher folder "launch. exe" as admin also..no go :(

14. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

15. MJP

MJP Registered

What you mean by "from anywhere", the way you've worded your post makes it seem like you have more than one launcher? There should only be one 'Launch rFactor.exe' and it's in the 'Launcher' folder in your root rF2 directory (Program Files (x86)\rFactor2\Launcher by default).

16. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

From: taskbar shortcut, desktop shortcut, windows applications shortcut, and from the launch rfactor.exe in the launcher folder.
    and before you suggest to remove all shortcuts, but the exe in the launcher folder... i've done it all ready...

I keep trying everything, will post if i find a solution. it's starting to get late so i might continue tomorrow...

17. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Auto update failed. Tried to install lite in second installation failed. Installed lite over existing installation appears to have worked. I already have two different installs for two different leagues. Maybe I'll figure out how to do correctly later.

Edit - ok I'll do it the right way when I have time...

18. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just updated our server with B798, but SLS liveview is not longer working. Somebody around who could give some advises, where the liveview (SLS) files (rF2LiveViewPlugin.dll & rF2LiveViewPlugin.ini) should be stored in the new rf2 file structure?

19. Emery

Emery Registered

Autoupdate worked fine and 64-bit is working as it should.

32-bit gives me the same error I had with Build 770:
    View attachment 13679

20. Kelju_K

Kelju_K Registered

Uninstalled everything. Run 3 different registry cleaners. deleted manually everything rFactor 2 related from registry. installed fresh full install.

Now launcher won't start at all... it is visible in task manager, but the window won't come up.

you can keep this **** game of yours, and **** you for releasing this kinda manure.