rfactor 2: current state of clutch & drivetrain simulation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adrianstealth, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
  2. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

common sense tells me to ask them, but not everybody has common sense I suppose.

3. John.Persson

John.Persson Registered

Probably because of the more photorealistic styles and easier modding.

4. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

common sense hasn't told you to consider that I already have, but without a reply

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2014
  5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I'm not a modder so I wouldn't know, is AC much easier to work with than rf2 ?

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Perhaps because it is the first real simulator.:rolleyes:

7. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I forgot where I read it, but I was under the impression that they where testing out AC and haven't made a decision yet.

8. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

hiya Paul

yes me too, the article seems to indicate that it's switching to AC , maybe it's just an assumption, all those screenshots would give this impression I guess

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

First real simulator no but it is first real lag party witch is released after 2010.:rolleyes:

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Car models to The HistorX Historic GT & Touring Car Mod is from GTL.
    There is CD check in rFactor1, I wonder what does SIMBIM think about this. :confused:

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Clearly physics chassis and tyres are secondary for them.

12. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

This and-

It makes perfect sense to me to make historic mods for AC and not rF2 because of the clutch. AC has a much better clutch system than rF2 for manual clutch. rF2 is better for autoclutch vehicles and it is what they do well, but the manual clutch option in rF2 is not good or even slightly accurate. Think about it- with manual clutch enabled, you can left foot brake any car in rF2- including a 1967 F1 car. Properly using the clutch is an essential skill for historic cars- mastering the clutch and heel and toe shifting.

Also I would like to see V8SC for AC because that is another major modern series with which you must heel and toe shift. I have never seen an onboard where the driver left foot brakes in V8SC- I have watched every race for the past 3 years and they right foot brake and heel and toe shift (they have a lot of foot-well cams in that series). I hope more historic series come to AC and more modern series to rF2.

13. Jamie Shorting

ouch!

Drivers do more with their feet than you imagine. They actually heel and toe and left foot brake and some just left foot brake Guy. Sorry bud. :) Depends on driver style.

NCWTS testingwith Max Papis

Edited to add some words.

Here's some old Ricky Rudd.

I love racing btw. Watch all kinds. Old and new. :)

Colin McRae was a left foot braker. sheesh, I'm going to be watching videos for the next two hours.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014
  14. coops

coops Banned

some1 has not watched the v8 supercars enough.

15. gneffio

gneffio Registered

Yes, Fabian is one of the few that use to left foot brake on the AUS V8SC, but I was told, on the iRacing forum by a mechanic of 1 V8SC team, that it' s'more common that we think. Most racer still right foot brake and use H&T because they're used like that since they were kids. I was told, in the same thread, that the driver of this mechanic had to adapt to left foot brake during a 1000km of Bathurst in the last few years because the clutch was broken during the race.
    That said, I agree with Guy on the use of the clutch, I love rF2 for his graphics, his dynamics involving track and weather, but I really dislike the total absence of a clutch system other the start, when I think is simulated in a good way. Changing gear in the BT20 even without lifting the gas pedal with all assist off is a shame for a simulator where there are a lot of point way much higher then the other sims, I alsways hope to find, sooner or later, a plugin like rF1, where there was a proper gear and engine damage simulation, the same that was put into the historx mod. Right now, even if in a not great way, AC is trying to simulate some kind of need of clutch use, even allowing right foot brake end blip, but introducing a little bit of gear and engine wear. :) let's hope to have such a feature sooner here on rF2
    P.s. How are you Guy? It was a lot of time I didn't see you. We should have been team mate in the SimAutoSport EGT Championship. Then I quieted :p :)

Tapatalked

16. Golanv

Golanv Registered

Wow... Really? :rolleyes:

Whining about one of the best mods going to one of the best nextgen Sims!? ...thats a first.
    I really doubt we would see the same kind of bull**** on the AC forums, if say P&G or DRM Revival would be in the works for rF2.

Come on peeps, get a grip.

17. Jamie Shorting

Greg Murphy is another LFB.

18. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Just tried AC again after a 3 month break

It's clearly improving , the lotus 98T turbo/power delivery has been done exceptionally well IMO
    Adjustable turbo power on the fly (& whilst driving) is very interesting

Not sure if their going to work on the ffb more as I don't really feel the tires at all -in fact their non existent (I don't use the terrible canned ffb effects) or is this tire model I wonder?, anyhow for me AC is shelved for another 3 to 4 months

P.s I get brilliant ffb & a natural feel from rf2 & (although very different to rf2 ) pretty decent ffb from iracing

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

20. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Yup, there are some back markers who may LFB, but in V8SC- watch some races, don't pick out Youtube videos to find the minority of guys who LFB. The sharp end of the grid all right foot brake and heel and toe- almost every race they show onboards, I don't have to search youtube for the exceptions- WATCH THE RACES. I'm not going to search for the GOOD drivers like Lowndes, McLaughlin and Whincup who all right foot brake. You do it- they are good, they are winners and they do not LFB.