[REL] Seat Leon Cup Racer 2014 v1.5 Update 21th May 2015

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Tommy78, Jul 20, 2014.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, I`ll give that a quick try. :)

2. Dmitry Chugrov

Dmitry Chugrov Registered

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok, I tried 13:30 etc and still had no black screen at all...

I did notice though that when accelerating the wing mirror disappeared:

[​IMG]

But when braking the mirror re-appeared:

[​IMG]

All settings are maxed... never noticed this before and I have not applied the update yet.

4. Magus

Magus Registered

Not fixed for me either. Tested at Mid Ohio 9am and in the pits I get black screen when at full revs.

5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Some of us would like to be able to see out the side of the car or see the mirror while driving. Perhaps Tommy78 agrees? Sorry, but you can't look past the netting on screen the way you can in the real 3D world.

Options are to make a very greyed-out, somewhat transparent netting (that will also not look realistic), or, to make net up versus net down a tuning option. But if the author refuses to make an option, I am glad net down is the default because the cockpit view is then usable.

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Is this what ISI and modders do or are supposed to do? Make the sound muffled as if we are wearing hearing protection and a helmet? I don't think so...

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Winner! This is the easiest to replicate for testing purposes.

8. yusupov

yusupov Registered

i had a complaint yesterday i forgot about :)

i think it was for this car anyway...the windshield had that baked on dirt look from assetto corsa that im really not a fan of...i was wondering if that could be changed or given the option to change in the tuning section? apologies if i have the wrong car...

9. m0ck

m0ck Registered

Tommy78, great job. Thank you for your mod.
    It looks fantastic and the FFB feels really great.

2 things:
    - There is very unnatural and weird real-time environment reflections (road surface reflection) on the dark edges of the windows in cockpit view. The windows also make the outside environment look brighter.
    - Cockpit view rollcage bars also have very strange reflections, they look ok when I'm on road, and they get unnaturally brighter when I go off course.

Is the front top rollcage bar is staying to be bent, or you are planning to fix rollcage geometry at some point in the future?

10. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

Can you try the mirror issue with the update? Because the cockpit window shadow caster caused the black screen, maybe it caused this problem as well.

And I think the update doesn't work properly. Because for me it's gone after the update, I tried after the old one and had an issue, and after checked again with the update and no problem again.

I will do and upload a complete v1.1 version.

11. tjc

tjc Registered

I would also like to see out of the side of the car when driving and/or see the wing mirror... just so you know.

Personally I don`t think it would make it impossible to see the mirror with the netting in the correct place but that`s just my opinion.

Other cars in the sim have the netting in the correct place but do have it in such a way that the mirror can be seen... fair point.

I`m ok with it where it is. I just noticed it was down and not in the correct position so thought it may have been a glitch.

No need to apologise btw...

12. B1K3R

B1K3R Registered

Great job Tommy, thanks, I love it!

On the onboard sound, I feel the same like what Minibull have said, apart from that, it's great fun :)

13. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Did some laps with the car and noticed that the car is missing a static subshadow, is this correct!?

14. m0ck

m0ck Registered

yeah... seems to be missing

15. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

I noticed the same, I was wondering it`s just me? Good to see, others have recognized this, too^^

16. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Wondering if related to the Clio under car shadow issue mentioned here

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?t=23188

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Noticed this too.

18. Euroracing8

Euroracing8 Registered

Thanks Tommy78 for such an awesome car!!!
    PS: I solved the mirror problem just by moving the seat forwards.

19. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

- i changed the cubemap shader to simple t1, so on the update no weird reflections
    - i set the reflection how it looks on the track, but how it looks in the pit or in the garage, i don't know, it depend on the track, which object are in the garage, or close to the pits.

- this is the fixed version of the top front rollcage, it was straight before, but lot of people noticed, there's not enough room to look outside from the cockpit view, so i changed the top rollcage, and moved the center mirror up. So i will not changed anything on this.

20. Tommy78

Tommy78 Registered

You mean the shadow in the cockpit or the car undershadow? Cause the car has undershadow, the cockpit shadow, is off in the v1.1 patch, i just changed it for the black screen issue.
    But now uploading a new full package, wich include an upgrade, so you will "take-off" the safety net.