Dedicated Server (789) online 24/7 - Feedback Please

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Ari Antero, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

-Fun2Race.net-789- is running Skippy at Sebring

Get Missing Component is working, feedback please.

2. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Get missing component don`t work 100% .

If you have uninstalled components (track, car, sound, talent etc.) witch is not installed and belongs to to vmod, get missing component don`t work. Error: Check server URL............ (there is nothing wrong with server URL)

Solution is to install all uninstalled components or uninstall and delete all uninstalled components witch belongs to vmod.

3. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

This bug has been around for a long time and creates a lot of confusion for the end users. It would be nice if GetMod would check all the rfcmps in the packages folder before attempting to download and if one of them matches the requested sig, simply install it rather than skipping it and then failing.

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Dedicated server memory leak is fixed, 8 hours online memory usage is 219 976 kb.

5. clockit

clockit Registered

Had no problems downloading missing parts or joining the server. I'm liking this build.

6. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

The scenario Ari is describing is very specific. But it does happen and is very easy to duplicate.

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Build 770 when get missing component was finished downloading, rfactor2 crashed back to lobby and you had to rejoin. Bug is fixed this don`t happen with Unstable 789 ;)

8. canastos

canastos Registered

I was trying to give some feedback, but don't know why, I'm unable to join your test servers, no problem with stable ones. I even disabled W7 firewall, which I never needed to do before, but no way, it's a mistery to me.
    At first, none of the components was installed in my build, and a couple of the required ones were downloaded and installed (car and talent fron ISI), but always some was failing. Packages folder was empty before each attempt, and rfactor2 completely restarted, but never got to downolad LL_Sebring, even when that was the only missing component, as I had installed the rest, just to test.

Anyway, thanks for running a test server, as it was the only one, because ISI Oficial GT becames red and showing to be running build 770 with Clios after clicking on it!

byyyyyyyye

9. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

You can download Sebring here: http://109.189.111.181/website/Skippy/LL_Sebring_Virtua_LM_v1.90.rfcmp

If you can not download Sebring it is user issue, you PC refuses web server and it is same if it is ISI or Fun2Race.net web server. There is 3 Fun2Race members who has this issue with build 770 also.
    If you can download and join it can bee build but most likely there is something wrong with you game, can bee some corrupted files etc.

10. Gupster

Gupster Registered

I was able to download the track and car with the getmod fyi. No issues or restart required to get onto the server.

11. Tosch

Tosch Registered

There is something wrong with the getmod thingy. I tried to connect to the server. Downloaded the rfmod without problems. When I try to download the components nothing happens. It shows a screen with download is queued (LL_Sebring) and that's it. If I go back and exit rF2 and the launcher a new rFactor2 process will be created. Just closed 4 of them running nice and silent in the background. In the packages folder I've found a 8kb file "LL_Sebring_Virtua_LM.rfcmp". I deleted the file and tried again. Same result. Now the rfcmp is 14kb.

12. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I have uninstalled and deleted LL_Sebring_Viritual_LM, Skip_Barber sound 1.46, Skip_Barber_talent 1.46, skip_barber_car 1.46 and vmod -F2R-Skippy_at_Sebring- and I went to MP and get missing component works fine to me.

I have also -Fun2Race.net-13- dedicated server online.
    vmod: -F2R-SPCL2_Miata-v94-
    Track: Mills Metro Park

14. canastos

canastos Registered

No, I can't. Firefox shows the download dialog almost 10 seconds after clicking the link (not a good beginning), and then download gets stucked at 12.5 Kilobytes and reports a estimated time of 10 days to complete. Tried Chrome and same result, so I would say there is some issue with that host, and of course, Get Missing components works almost all the time, but not always, ISI needs to work more on it

Tried also server 13 and same result, the only missing component for me is Miata, which rfactor2 tries to download but never does

byyyyyyyye

15. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

I just tested this with v789 64bit. rF2 downloaded, installed and loaded track perfectly.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

There is something wrong with you OS and I don`t know what it can bee but I bet Noel knows what is the problem.

17. TJones

TJones Registered

Considering you have also problems loading the track directly with your browser, i'm pretty shure it doesn't have something to do with rF2.
    Maybe your ISP, router or your PC, try to reset your PC/router/modem.
    How are other servers, "Youtube" for example?

Both downloading of track within rF2 or with Firefox (11min.) worked fine here.

18. Tosch

Tosch Registered

What is your provider? Pink T here. Looks like a Schlandnet problem to me. Maybe Ari's provider hasn't paid enough money to connect to the Telekom backbone. Routing is via Level3.
    I tried to download the file with firefox and it downloads with <1kb/s. No rFactor 2 problem.

If you don't know what Schlandnet is check this out.

19. TJones

TJones Registered

Hi Tosch, mine is Kabel Deutschland.

Just tried again to download the track with Firefox, had about 175kB, estimated downloadtime was 7min.

Interesting stuff in the video, watched only some parts so far. Have to work tomorrow morning, so i go to bed now. :)
    I will take a closer look tomorrow.

20. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

My ISP is Telenor and it is owned by the Norwegian state and is the second largest company in Norway.I find it hard to believe that TeleNor has not paid to the Telekom backbone.
    There is few Fun2Race.net members who has also this problem but nobody is from Germany.

Clockit (reply #5) had the same problem. I think he made new install of windows and as you can see all is working fine now.
    It is pity there is no other servers online to find out where problem is.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2014