B789 Just some remarks

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by YoLolo69, Jul 17, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

- I did a fresh install off course as it's required for B789, anyway, I'm glad the Update button is back for guys like me (no MP), really appreciate, thanks.
    - Stable, no crash, 64 bit was automatically launched like said (verified).
    - Same fps than B772
    - The new message "No driver selected in grid" on Setup screen sound weird, selecting your own car remove it. I understand you can probably affect also AI car setup with this system. Could it be the player is selected by default when no driver are selected? I may have missed a point here, sorry about that.
    - Still no way in game to see a small string somewhere (setting menu?) saying build number and bit flavor (E.g. "B789-64b").

2. Jorgen

Jorgen Registered

Good point about the lack of a version number in-game. When running windowed, the version number is in the window caption, but when running full screen there is no version number anywhere.

3. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

BTW ISI Team thanks to keep for now the Launcher option to run rF2 32bit even if OS is 64bit. I cannot use the SimXPerience 64bit plugin for Simvibe as it crash as soon as the plugin icon disappear and SimCommander close right after. So for now i'm using 64bit just for testing purpose and I play with 32 bit due to Simvibe. I can't know if it's an rF2 issue or a SimXperience issue. This is reported on SimXperience forum...

4. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

I guess my question is kinda stupid, but how can you tell if RF2 is running in 64bit?

5. TJones

TJones Registered

Open the Taskmanager, select the "task" tab, all 32bit tasks have a " *32" at the end of the filename.
    All the other tasks are according to that 64bit.

6. Voltaic

Voltaic Registered

Due to some other comments in the forums, what I am confused about is how to structure the install. The way I understood it is that we leave the directories as installed, the Launcher finds and starts (based on your system) the rF2.exe in 32 or 64 bit automatically.

Is this correct or are we to relocate the .exe into the "core" folder?

7. kaptainkremmen

kaptainkremmen Registered

Yes :)

8. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Thanks TJones

9. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Yep, you don't have to copy/rename/touch anything anymore, out-of-the-box :)