F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Black75

Black75 Registered

OWC1-1992
    :rolleyes:

2. bwana

bwana Registered

isn't F1ASR different to F1 ?

3. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Any more news on this and the 2014 mod? :)

4. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Whatever the news is, I am just glad we will preserve the awesome sounds from these 1992 beasts. Best part of the mod for me. Much more important than if an exact replica of the Ferrari prancing horse is on the side of the car.

5. SL1DE

SL1DE Registered

Damn, I was too late. :( PM me some links or something y0.

What if you release the cars and the liveries separate? You release the package with blank cars, then if you're a wuss get someone with cojones to upload and post the liveries. Problem solved.

Or just release everything and F them. It's for non-profit use anyway, it's fan-made. People have been making F1 mods for years and have had no issues.

If it were me, I'd just release it and basically stick the finger up at them because I absolutely hate these big corporations controlling the world and limiting our freedom.

I mean, what are they going to do? Sue? They won't bother wasting a lot of money on lawyers and courts over a nobody fan who is making Formula1 mods for a racing simulator for the love of the sport.

Just my opinion, anyway. I'd ignore them. They probably don't know who you are or where you live anyway.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2014
  6. lagg

lagg Registered

I understand that you have the required "cojones" and volunteer to share an update of their vehicle with yhe real skins, names, etc.

Problem solved. :p

Thank you very much.

7. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Because its a bundle of fun getting threatened by huge multinational corporations, of course it is...

The group made the right choice given the circumstances, no doubt. The childish name calling just goes to show that you don't understand the gravity of the situation. No risks should be taken, or we could end up with even less than we'll get now.

Times have changed, big time. Its no longer an option to just say 'F them'. They have the motivation and not least the means to make life very difficult for anyone they see fit. Sad but true.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Best reply of the thread so far ;)

9. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

In order to survive with our "hobby" we will have to tread lightly. Follow rules best we can, lest we end up with nothing. Get a grip, cool off, think smartly and we might be able to survive. Why intentionally make life harder than it really is?

10. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This.

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Well, it isnt a "hobby", its a hobby and as such it should have the protection it always had, next they will threaten you if you just sketch the prancing horse.
    Though I sympathise with people not willing to go through the hassle of endless arguments and fuss about it.

12. Soulfly84

Soulfly84 Registered

Any News?

13. conticreative

conticreative Registered

I was lucky enough to download 4 or 5 cars from SOMEPLACE I won't mention yesterday. I love them. (This place is legal BTW, my guess is that they were left there by mistake?) In any event, the sound is great. The driving is very good. A lot of fun.

I agree that tehse should be released as individual cars, let's call them "Formula Monoposto" and they get plain liveries. No sponsors, brands, nothing.

Then if some third party manages to do the work and release the liveries alone, well, that's done every day with a bunch of games. Reiza is doing the same thing with the Formula V12, Formula Reiza and the Formula Extreme. Plus, I really doubt FIA is going to initiate legal proceeding against anyone.
    Sending out cease & desist is easy and cheap. Litigating internationally for a free mod is another matter.
    Find some sort of proxy server to post from and you guys should be fine.

14. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Hopefully that's what is happening now, but I understand that not all team members agreed this was sensible. So I am sure it will take a while before both a planned physics update and re-skinning can occur with a new/modified team.

15. F1lover

F1lover Registered

hmm, strange we have not said anything in awhile??? Not sure where the rumors come from?

Name changes are being worked with currently... you will all have to wait..

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Glad it is confirmed that work is still being done! This mod is WAY too impressive to be orphaned.

17. jonrarit

jonrarit Registered

One bad thing about the internet is once it's out there ...... it's out there forever :(
    One good thing about the internet is once it's out there ..... it's out there forever :)

Firstly many many thanks to the ASR team for all the efforts in producing such a stunning mod & I wish them well in side stepping the commercial nonsense they've found themselves in.

I'm pretty sure the forum wont permit any links on the subject but the original mod is still out there and downloadable with the help of a well known search engine .....

JR

There's reason why private messages are private ;)

18. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye, simple changing a name isnt so simple when you have all the paths set up and such...

19. RustyM

RustyM Registered

This mod is very good. I venture to say it's the '79 of rF2. Driving the Red 5 around '07 Indy is something very special! Thx!

20. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello

As I have said before I find this mod very good, and fun to drive.

Version 1.7 carried physics from RF1 version. I see that optimum rake for diffuser is in both mods -0.02. That means if I am not wrong reading the explanations of rake \\Optimum rake (rear - front ride height), that optimum downforce is obtained when the rear end is 2 cm lower than front end.

Is it right for this era cars? Because for most OWC cars it is zero or a slight positive rake?

Thanks a lot.