F1ASR92 by F1 ASR Modding Team (car by car)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Sderenno, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

We been doing some practice and a race at Silverstone last night. Compared with Palm Beach and Bahrain that we had raced last weekend, Silverstone is another world. If I thought that these cars brake too much at Bahrain, at Silverstone I think they are plain crazy (lapping 1.33). We been braking later than the actual f1 cars, but I noticed one thing. It's not only the brake power or brake capacity, I think the engine brake is too high. I mean, you make the car go into the corner with just lift the throttle a bit. May be a bit less of engine brake could help to make the cars a bit more free and loose.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

F1 cars have a huge amount of engine braking but even more important is aero drag. When you take your foot off the gas at high speeds, it feels the same as if you slammed the brakes on in a road car. Then if you add actual brakes, you better be wearing your full harness :)

Tires are too grippy. They could be reduced so that more authentic lap times occur, but the cars will be harder to keep on the track. Right now the LE (league edition) could also be called the lite edition. Purposely easier for fun, closer racing. More accurate historical versions are apparently coming. I don't think the engine braking is an issue.

3. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

:cool:

4. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Yes I love all season before 98 (grooved tires)

5. jepeto

jepeto Registered

thnks for all these remember's cars; it ' s really great year of F1 like 1982, 1987, and 1995

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

The cars are fun, very fun to drive, I totally agree with that. The grip at low speed is lovely, and we have some great fights on track last night. Anyway I think that they brake too much, that's my only concern. I just try to give my ideas to make it better, I don't want to change the spirit of the MOD.

7. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

exactly, the cars drive very well at low speeds, and thats why the aerodynamical grip should be decreased, not the tires´s grip

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Longer braking distance, especially like back then, would definitely help with that!

9. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

Somebody was able to reach more than 308 km/h ?

10. Tucker Fleming

Tucker Fleming Registered

Really good work, thanks Sderenno!!

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thanks, all I said was just from memory.
    But I still cant understand what will be the difference regarding gearboxes between LE and HE.

12. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Thank you for this fantastic mod! Driving these with the H-shifter is a joy :D

13. Rony1984

Rony1984 Registered

hmm not that I know off:) But it might not be the wings, there are more components with an aerodynamical function, like the undertray. Anyway, it just my impressions of things. On a side note, for as far as I understand the tire model, it is not possible to solemnly change the longitudional grip of the tires as Sderenno proposed, at least not within the real-time model.

14. F1lover

F1lover Registered

GRAB_001.JPG

brilliant

15. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This, dammit! :)

16. jjcook

jjcook Registered

this mod is awesome there are some fixes needed- already mentioned-

i must say however if the cars do such unrealistic laptimes i will quickly lose interest and dont agree that it is good for racing ....i expect it is too grippy on the tires- it may be a personal thing but for me the achievable laptimes need to be beleievable or i am only simulating a fantasy car that bears no resemblance to the real thing in terms of performance- thats what makes it a sim and not just a game- for me at least

.on the flip side , i have never enjoyed malaysia and did i this car for the first time last night -with no rubber down lol- - damn thing is glued to the road like no other cars in rf2

...so please dont stop adjusting the physics even for a league version -

17. Eddy

Eddy Registered

As far as i understand Nikos there will be no difference regarding gearboxes, just in physics. The kind of gearbox you want to use is up to the user just like in all the other cars. We've got Eve F1 drivers using the flippers :rolleyes: but as said it's up to the user and the way he wants to drive and have fun.

I for myself like it as realistic as possible but as you know i don't have a shifter right now......yeah i know th8rs was on it's way and i even used it for 2 whole hours and than it broke.....so have to wait for the new one to come :mad: In the mean while i drive without using flippers only

18. MagnusD

MagnusD Registered

Donation justifiably sent! Awesome mod, F1 time period and future project!
    Thank you F1 ASR and keep up the good work! :)

19. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I still would like a response from ASR about the difference regarding gearboxes between LE and HE, if that is not much trouble, Im ignorant of whats the issue...

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

What you're asking for is maybe shift-times defined for the cars, and if lifting/blipping is required and such... I think they might still have to decide on that for LE - which gearbox type is to be placed in every car.
    For HE though, there should be no consideration just mimic'ing the facts - time will tell, I'm sure they'll figure it out.