[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just fyi, Simmunity fun race uploaded to Lobby with this mod ==> Link

2. Lgel

Lgel Registered

No the least, I have learned a lot with your information, and I enjoy a lot driving with your physics.

I am very happy that we can have diferent views on the same things, it is an enrichment.

I can feel the difference between the Lotus I usually drive, and the RB or the Marussia, no doubt about it.

I think that the Cosworth had a power deficit of at least 30 bhp to Mercedes, Renault, and Ferrari, and that it was also less fuel efficient, that is why the engine was discontinued. I read this information when the season was current, but have no hard facts at the moment.

I appreciate your work for the community and your good manners, I hope your next project will be as interesting as this one.

Have fun racing you to.

3. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Which tracks does the trackpack include? Those from racefactor? Or are also isi tracks included? Greetings

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Both. In my opinion it is the best from different sources

5. Nitrometh

Nitrometh Registered

Ok. Thanks for replying so quick. Downloading now.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Wildfire S A510e mit Tapatalk 2

6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

If one already has the RaceFactor tracks, any point in downloading?

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Depends. The rFmod version with the tracks contains all the 19 tracks of the 2013 F1 season. Besides, I have edited the tracks, both the RaceRfactor and the ISI ones, to have the right DRS zones and to use the DRS properly (from the beginning of the 3rd lap, rather than the 4th).

8. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Thanks for info. :)

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@Frenky

You have been struggling to improve the Ai speed of this mod.

While tuning a group C car, that I supposed would run on track like Interlagos on the higher downforce configuration available (basic car designed for Le Mans track), I made all the changes needed until I was satisfied of the Ai speed.

Then I thought, it would be nice that using default setup the car would have this same configuration (High DF), and the player could start from a stable car adapted to short tracks.

So I changed default values for rear wing in the .hdv.

When I tried to run againt AI at a medium AI strength the AI car was lacking a lot of top speed against the car I was driving with the same aero settings.

Conclusion, if you want to give players a good default setup, give it as a separate file, don't do it by adjusting default settings in hdv.

May be if you lower wing defaults in your hdv the AI of your mod will be faster. It was the case for me (spectacular difference).

Can you confrm my findings?

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@ Lgel. Will test the lower wing config for the AI later. I can imagine that it actually helps the AI, allthough it depends on the track I guess. And how about wet weather races then with low wing config?

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

In wet weather AI speed is totally out of bonds in most mods, even "ISI made".

For high speed tracks it is the same for aero as for the gearings, AI uses HDV default values (most of us knew that for gearing).
    It means you should have three different default configuration defined by svm (high, medium, low downforce I exclude wet racing at the moment), and have the suitable assigned to AI for each track.

In the message I wrote, don't forget that I stated with medium AI (I was testing at 95% AI strength). What I suppose is that AI uses a car with a drag based on the default settings in the hdv, but then applies restricions on power, cornering based on the AI strength an AIPower Calibration. In this configuration the AI car was 30 km/h slower at Interlagos than the car I was driving. I had "AI Power Calibration":7 in player.json, which I think is default.

An another thing I learned is by watching the AI from cockpit view in replays I saw the AI car was heavily understeering, so I corrected also default values and the AI improved. Many mods have default settings (when you press default in the setup screen) very understeery to avoid newcomers spinning when first driving the sim or the car at every corner, this default settings will affect also AI if I am not wrong.

Look at what ISI made for the Dallara at Indianapolis, in the player settings you have a file by team named for instance Indianapolis500_Aves Racing.svm, I don't know if the files were generated by the option fixed setups, I tried to use this option with your mod but no files were generated.

Writing this I realize I should read again the AI thread in this forum.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2015
  12. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks for your reply Lgel. I would certainly suggest to use AI Power Calibration set to zero (0). As otherwise the AI get cheats in terms of power, gearing and fuel & tyre usage if their strenght is set to >100% and the same disadvantages if it is set to less than 100%.
    A further suggestion for this mod is to let the AI use your own setup (change JSON file), what I like. I could however make a change in the HDV file to let the AI choose a kind of "optimum setup" themselves. ATM the AI is not allowed to choose this. That can make a difference too.
    Last thing: I recommend to use AI limiter set to 0.

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

"I could however make a change in the HDV file to let the AI choose a kind of "optimum setup" themselves" how would you do this?

"I recommend to use AI limiter set to 0" I use it.

Peronnally I am not a good enough driver to find AI to slow in your mod!

I am trying AI Power Calibration set to 6, you have to let the AI have some variables to alter it's speed.

"AI Power Calibration#":"Adjustments with AI strength (0=none, or add the following: 1=power, 2=gearing, 4=fuel)"

All my comments are done to increase our knowledge of how AI works.

I must leave now, to be continued.

Thanks.

14. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@Lgel: that is the AIDownforceBias=0.0 param. It is set to 0, which means use the default/player setup. If it is set to 1 the AI chooses totally themselves the best wing and gearing settings (how, I don't know, but in my opinion it doesn't do a great job here). You can also choose a value between 0 and 1, meaning it is a kind of mix. I have no experience with the latter.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Oke party people. I have a dilemma here, that requires your opinion. I already drive a version v1.23 of this mod and the question is should I upload this for you guys or not? Reasons for not uploading being:
    1. I already told the community that v1.22 would be the latest. So do I lose some credibility here?
    2. It is not possible for me, with build 930 of rFactor 2, to make an rFmod. I always get missing tracks in the rFmod, probably due to a bug in the MAS tool. So I can only upload 2 different Multi components, one with and one without the tracks.

I have made v1.23, because I got a gift containing some real 2014 F1 data (that led to a change of the center of gravity and the MoI) and some feedback here.
    Should I upload v1.23?

Changes in v1.23:
    * CoG increased by about 5 mm, therefore very slightly adjusted MoI (slightly increased z-axis value) !DONE!
    * Make the Cosworth engine slightly worse. Difference between best (Mercedes) and worst (Cosworth) engine is about 10 bhp !DONE!
    * Improved AI behaviour, most notable on the suspension part. You may want to lower the AI Strenght. For me 100% is a good starting point! Possible 105% for you :p !DONE!
    * Engine file: corrected BoostPower wrong value (just in case there will be an rFactor 2 update on this) !DONE!
    * Different rake settings for every team. Red Bull has the highest rake (put the rear 1.2 cm higher than the front for optimum downforce); Marussia the lowest !DONE!
    * Better default setup values for the ride height (decreased, especially on the rear (from 66 to 57 mm)) !DONE!
    * Very slightly decreased downforce loss at the front when in turbulent air !DONE!

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Doing more work and adding real data to an already great mod won't make you lose any credibility man! Go for it. :) :cool:

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

@Frenky
    Go on, everyone will be free to download it or keep the previous! I am pretty sure that version 3.5 will be much better!
    Great artists allways make several come backs after they retire.

When you speak of rake, 1,2 cm is for dynamic ride height. I just make this point to avoid a few think that setting static suspension with such rake is sufficient.

Thanks again, I very much appreciate your work and your open mind.

P.S: tried changing in Json Power calibration from default 7 to 6, and then 0, without any apparent resulting variation of AI speed.
    I think the Cosworth was also more thirsty that top engines...
    The Renault less thirsty than the Mercedes, having better low and mid rev torque than Mercedes, and less high rev power.
    The Ferrari being between those two.
    Just in case you get bored...

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Version 123 sounds nice, from a numeric POV ;)

And if you managed to find some tenths for the AI that's great too. You're not going to lose any cred for adding real data :)

19. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys. I will then upload it in a couple of days. It should be online on Thursday. It takes some time, as in total (both versions summed) is more than 4 GB.

@Lgel. Absolutely correct! Even more, you have to keep the average ride height ((front + rear)/2) above 15 mm to avoid the sudden stalling effect of the diffuser. But you want the average ride height during driving as close as possible to that 15 mm, otherwise drag increases and downforce decreases. But as speed increases, drag increases also and the car comes closer to the surface.
    And even more, these rake settings differs now per team. So setting up the right height of the car is more difficult now.

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

You know a final fix which I would greatly appreciate? I've been adding it to every release you made myself, but maybe it's a consideration for everyone.

The sound levels inside the cockpit are wrong (to me). When I first ran the mod I had serious problems hearing my own engine next to another car (impossible to shift by sound) and at the same time the tires were exceedingly loud to the point of being unrealistic.

So what did is to modify the Lotus (the car I drive exclusively) with 1.5 inside engine sounds, and 0.8 tire skid sounds.

SFX is attached.

Maybe you want to consider making this the default for all cars.