[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Thanks Frenky, will test tonight.

Seriously, this is the first mod for RF2 - at least which I know of? - which gives me the feeling of having an actually complete game.

I.e. the right tracks, the right cars, the right AI, the right race conditions to actually turn "hotlap game" into "race sim".

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thanks man! Yes, it is a complete season. I only miss driving in a championship mode :p.
    But if ASR would release a trackpack, I could create the same feeling.
    Have fun racing. I welcome your feedback, but be sure to increase the radiator setting a bit (at least 4 in race trim).

3. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

I wonder if anyone has done some high-resolution skins for these cars... It's the only place where they look a bit dull

4. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

Just found this thread. Can't wait to try it. FYI, I have linked to here from ==> Link

Hope that's OK.

@Frenky, may want to check here regarding offline championships ==> Link

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Totally fine mate! Thanks!
    Will take a look at the offline championship tomorrow. Looks interesting.
    Have fun racing!

6. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Just tried it at Sao Paulo and it's amazing! Need more testing but for now it's the BEST F1 mod ever. Great work. Thank you very much Frenky.

7. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

Tried the new version today (been running 1.20 before) and it still feels great. The AI appears a tad quicker around Interlagos (half a second or so) and the backmarkers maybe a tad slower due to the engine changes. Maybe a very subtle loss in grip for myself when accelerating in long turns? But I hadn't been driving that car for a week or two. Nothing in the Changelogs would indicate that.

It's really a very complete and perfectly driveable mod, for me at 100% there is already a good challenge, and the times I'm posting are very close to my Teammate Kimi...

Now I just need to learn not to throw away my nerves in a race so I can actually enjoy the full experience, not just the qualifying battle.

I wish RF2 would support the shootout method and different tire choices during race/for AI. That's the only thing missing.

BTW, if you don't use it already, the RF2 Spotter plugin from Gerald fits this mod very well.

8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you guys! It sounds that I've finally reached my own objective: to come with the best F1 experience possible :p. Although improvements are still and will always be possible.
    @GCCRacer: will try the spotter plugin later. Do you drive with TC on (whether it be low, medium or high)? In that case, you have actually lost some grip. No, better said, the TC is more ineffective. Or even better said, the TC is more real now. Before, it was more or less a way of cheating. As a reference: choose the setting that is one step up. So for example, if you always drove low TC, put it now on medium.
    If you don't drive with TC on, well than I don't know. Driving close behind other cars? I haven't changed the basic physics of the cars since v1.19, although I slightly increased the drag of the cars that have the Mercedes engine. That is the best engine in the mod (2-3 bhp more than Cosworth).

9. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

+100...

Perfect car!

10. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Thank you, Sir!

11. Lgel

Lgel Registered

An already great mod, has been improved through many versions.

Thanks to Sompir and his team, the cars look wonderful since day one.

I congratulate you and hope your skills will help other modding teams to fine tune their cars.

I have great fun trying to make recovery races, with build 930 it is very immersive.

Cheers Frenky.

12. P.S.R.

P.S.R. Registered

(FINAL!) F1 2013 Single Player v1.22 - modification based on F1RFT2013 v1.1

Well I've been captivated by this thread only just discovering it but read though almost the entire thing and all the tweaking and perfecting. Incredible.

I would love to host an async championship with this mod but am unsure what settings people would be interested in regarding race duration, time acceleration, multipliers, etc.

Anyone willing to share what settings they are using?

13. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Frenky,

I am convinced that your way of doing things is the correct, but so demanding that many may be discouraged to try their hands at it.

In my experience by playing simply with the power of individual cars, you affect their acceleation and top speed, so they are forced to reduce their aero load, hence cornering and breaking capabilities.

So by doing a single upgrade file offering in setup menu many options of power (.98, .95, .93., ...,.9) you can with one single build test all the power requirements necessary for adjusting all teams.

Once tested you assign a single upgrade file to each team with it's corresponding power adjustment.

You obtain 95 % of the objective without incurring in the law of disminishing returns.

What do you think of this?

If you feel it is a sound approach, we could open a dedicated thread for it, I posted here because I knew you would read it there.

Cheers Frenky.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2015
  14. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Banned

^ An AI car will not change their aero settings simply because you give them less power in their engine.

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

You are right.

No, but AI will still be slower, and the limitation of downforce will be enforced when you run yourself with this car against AI.

As I said in my post it is not the correct and perfect way of doing things, but you reach 95 % of the goal at a much lower cost.

I prefer this than running against a field of clones.

I have tried it in GSCE (done by 3rd party for Formula Extreme) and it has convinced me that it is good enough.

I have done it for RF2 mods for personal use, and I enjoy this shortcut.

Cheers.

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

@ Lgel: it is a sound approach, but not so much for 2013 f1 cars. The avg difference between Red Bull and Marussia was about 3 seconds or so. Less than 10% of that deficit is because of power shortage. Furthermore, I strive for realisitic car behaviour. That costs a lot of time, but I don't mind using my time for changing physics values. Honestly, I like to do that!

I do mind, if I'm busy the whole day, only to find out rF2 or the MAS tool has some irritating bug in it...

17. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Frenky, as everyone you end taking shortcuts, do you think that a "Difference between best and worst engine 2-3 bhp" is realistic, between a Mercedes and a Cosworth in 2013?

Not in my books (at least an order of magnitude bigger), but changing this to a realistic value would oblige you to recalculate all aero values and test them again, which is very long and painstaking.

Would it make a significative increase in pleasure when driving off line this more "acurate" version? I doubt so.

So my philosophy is dont mesure to the cm what you ignore by meters.

Cheers and thanks again for what I consider one of the very best mods of RF2.

18. elbo

elbo Registered

Great mod, making offline racing really much more fun.
    My question is I downloaded the following file: F1_2013_Frank.rfmod which shows up as F1RFT2013 version 1.2 in mod manager.
    I forget if this was the latest version or not. Should I download the 1.22 that is now posted or do I have the latest?
    thanks,

19. jrcn50

jrcn50 Registered

The 1.22 version is the latest.

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I do understand you, but honestly do not agree with your philosophy (no hard feelings :p). As I can only speak for myself, I can feel pretty good the differences in downforce of FW, RW and diffuser as well as the differences in power and drag levels. It really does add a lot of pleasure to my driving to be honest.
    My upcoming update for the ASR F1 1992 mod surely give better feelings of these differences, because:
    1) the differences between the best car (Williams FW14B) and the worst car (Brabham) is much bigger
    2) the most powerfull engine, the Honda in the McLaren, isn't fitted in the best car. So you have to level that with less downforce and more drag
    3) Williams and Ligier were both driving with a Renault engine. But the difference in laptimes between those two cars are more than 2 seconds

Your question, whether I think the differences between the best and the worst engine in 2013 is in the range 2-3 bhp, I would answer with yes. Otherwise, I would use bigger figures in v1.22. And I do think that Red Bull would just as easily won the championship with the power of the Cosworth engine in stead of the Renault engine. Even on a circuit like Monza or Montreal. Because the average advantage of the Red Bull at the end of 2013 was in the range 0.5-0.7 seconds a lap. And the worst engine would only lower that advantage to about 0.3-0.4 seconds a lap.

But I have to admit here, it is only my thinking. I wish I had real data about this subject.

Have fun racing and thanks for your contribution!