[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Lgel

Lgel Registered

To Frenky,

I had the same problem with the original RFT mod and simply by repackaging it as is, it solved the problem.

I made a multi component rfcm from your files, without any track and didn't get any damaged mod error. See my previous post, it is easy and fast to test if your file is "correct" by installing it in a different directory before uploading it.

Thanks for your dedication, I am sure this mod will be first class.

Cheers.

2. Frenky

Frenky Registered

1.5 week ago I tested wether it makes a difference if I pointed the Packages folder in ModManager to my temp directory. But that, at least for me, didn't solve the damaged mod problem. I'm sure that by making it a multi-component (in stead of a mod) will solve this problem. Because for a multi-component you don't need a track and for a mod it asks, during the packaging process, for tracks to include. But then you will never get the advantages that mods can/will have (like making a championship in the future and having the right points system for a win or 2nd place and so on; having the right starting times for qualifing and race). But well, may be a multi-component is the way!
    Do you guys prefer a multi-component in stead of a mod?

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Multi !

edit* is it not true that if you do multi, then leagues or server then has option to make mod?

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Update looking good!

View attachment 13997 View attachment 13996 View attachment 13995
    Oke party people,

1. I already made a multi-component of my beta v1.19 of my mod --> "damaged mod" problem solved! :D (however you do not have the advantages of a mod, like I already said)
    2. I changed the "Safety.VEH" for the safety car reference in the rFm file to "Safetycar.VEH" (this is in another MAS file) and I select the Monza track, 4 lap race, with all the F1 cars and the safety car and I don't have black mirrors. See screenshot. Or did I miss something? Maybe I never had that black mirror problem. Because the mod is nearly 3 GB I don't have a 1.18 version anymore, so I cannot test that one anymore. Please, if this doesn't prove anything, say me what kind of settings I should test. Otherwise, it may be solved by just a simple spelling change in the rFM :D

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  5. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Frenky,

As Coanda had the same problems with black mirrors that I had, I wrongly supposed everyone had the same problem. In my case the problem was reproducible, changing the RFM to select the SLS gave black mirrors, changing back to Clio solved the problem (and it happened only with this mod to my knowledge, not with ISI content, not with URD mod). I lost many hours before finding the solution to my black mirrors.

That reminds us of the extreme difficulty of modding on a Pc platform with such a diversity of hardware and associated drivers.

I have an Nvidia, maybe it is a driver or configuration option that is not apparent with AMD GPUs.

Thanks.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

You could be on to something lgel. 780ti here on b798 64b.

7. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Hmm may well be a graphic driver bug then, because I have a ATI7750 (and therefore also playing with pretty low graphics). Are you able and willing to try my suggestion to change in the rFM the safety car in "SAFETYCAR.VEH" (in stead of SAFETY.VEH)? You still have the Mercedes SLS safety car then and not the ugly Clio PC :p

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  8. Frenky

Frenky Registered

If someone could point me into the right direction:
    I changed the Monaco track for another Monaco version, because the AI in that new version is much better. I finally managed to get the DRS working only on the start/finish straight.
    However, I have a graphical bug. Some wall textures are missing and the starting lights aren't working. Anyone an idea for a solution or where I have to look for? I have searched for wrong names, spelling errors and wrong references in the GDB file, but couldn't find anything related to this bug.
    It is not a big deal for me, but if this could be solved, we all have a super mod!

Thanks in advance!

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I am willing to do what you ask, but can't before end September alas. I hope Coanda will do this test.

Cheers.

10. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Always happy to help wherever I can.. Maybe I am not fully understanding the request. I recreated the "F1_2013_Frank_wo_Tracks_118" mas file and changed the SAFETY.VEH to SLSSafetyCar01.veh. I still am unable to select this mas file as a series therefore the "allcarstracks_10" mas file takes the reins.

Have I missed a trick?

11. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yeah sorry mate. English is not my mother language, so the problem is me.
    The trick I was talking about may only solve the black mirrors problem. It doesn't do anything about chosing an F1 series in stead of the all cars and tracks series. You can only choose my mod as a series by downloading the version with the tracks. Also a multi-component does not change that, as fas as I know. Simply said, as fas as I know, you cannot choose a series (other than the allcarsandtracks) if your mod or multi-component isn't at least referencing to at least 1 track.

Oke for the trick, go to the rFm MAS file and extract the file inside. Open it in Notepad and change the line for the safety car from "SAFETY.VEH" into "SAFETYCAR.VEH" (and not into SLSSafetyCar01.veh). Save the file and add it into a MAS file with the same file name. Maybe you should completely repackage the whole mod, I'm not sure and can't test it now, because I'm not even in my own country right now.
    Again, it may solve the black mirrors thing, although it may well be a NVidia thing.

Edit: the reason I think that it may solve the black mirrors problem is that the Safety.veh file is pointing to an HDV (physics) file in a probably wrong pathname (pacecar folder in stead of main folder). The Safetycar.veh file is pointing to the right folder, I think. It may well be that the PaceCar*.MAS (2 MAS files) may be redundant, because the SAF*.MAS (2 MAS files) seem to do the same. At least the physics seem to be the same. Still trying to understand why there are PaceCar MAS files and SAF MAS files.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
  12. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Your English is great. Probably better than mine ;) It is me, I miss read your original request. I have now recreated "F1_2013_Frank_wo_Tracks_118" mas file and changed the SAFETY.VEH to SAFETYCAR.VEH". I have tested a race with each "allcarstracks_10" mas files, one pointing to SLSSafetyCar01.veh (gives black mirrors) and one that points to clio_PC.veh which obviously works fine. Where I am still confused is where are these "SAFETYCAR.VEH" & "SAF*.MAS" files that you are reference/talking about? I don't believe I have them. There are only two pace car downloads on the ISI site.

What do you mean by this? I have two folders, Mercedes_SLS_2012_car & Clio_PaceCar both under \Installed\Vehicles..

Sorry if I am not getting it and causing you frustration.

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Lol, no you don't frustrate me man! The only thing that sometimes frustrates me is the packaging tool of rF2. Everytime I have to edit a small thing and do the whole repacking for the mods with and without the tracks and after that make a backup on an external hard drive will cost me about 1 hour :p . And then I have to test my changes, and the change is always there that it looks fine for me, but not on other computers.

To your question (and because of me not in my own country right now, I do this by heart and may not be so accurate). After you installed my mod, it creates a F1RFT2013 folder, I think, in your "Documents and Settings\[user]\My Documents\rFactor2\Installed\Vehicles\" folder (something like this path). Then comes a version number folder and then I think all the Vehicles MAS files. I meant those MAS files. Here you can find the SAF and PACECAR MAS files. And I think the latter is redundant, but only after the safety.veh into safetycar.veh change in the rFm MAS (you can find that MAS file under Installed\rFm, I think).
    Now that rFM safety.veh is pointing to the MAS "PACECAR" under vehicles, whereas the safetycar.veh can be found in the SAF MAS. The safety.veh and safetycar.veh at its own is pointing to an hdv file in the same MAS file and therefore, I think, the *.veh file should point to the main directory for the HDV file, which the "Safetycar.veh" does, but the "Safety.veh" doesn't (really difficult English :p).

The Clio PC is standard content for rF2. My best guess is that you downloaded the SLS 2012 pacecar separately. But there is no need to, because a SLS 2013 safety car is included in my mod. So I always start with a fresh lite install of rF2 and then install my mod and have already the SLS safety car.

14. Coanda

Coanda Registered

1 hour. I feel your pain..

doh where is my bloody head today. Of course these files are right in front of my eyes :eek:

I have now updated DJC's "allcarstracks_10" to point to "SAFETYCAR.VEH" as I need to use this mas file as it has the parameter "Max Opponents = 299" and bingo, SLS 2013 PC with no black mirrors :) All sorted! Cheers Frenky I appreciate the schooling. Just a thought for the future maybe you can include this "Max Opponents = 299" in your "F1_2013_Frank_wo_Tracks_118" mas file. No biggy though.

Lucky dog, I wish I was in another country :)

15. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Congratulations, SLS mistery solved.

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Wow, feels good that it helped you man! Really cool!
    In v1.19 the version without the tracks will be a multi-component. A multi-component doesn't use a rFm at all, so it uses the limits in alltrackscars rFm. If you make the 299 opponents change there, you will be oke in v1.19. I could be uploading v1.19 in a day or so, but there is still the Monaco starting lights and wrong wall textures problem to solve (see my post 108, but I may be more lucky if I asked it in the general modding forum). And I want both mod versions uploaded at the same time (very low internet speed at home).

Have fun racing!

17. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Regarding the, in my opinion, redundant PACECAR MAS files (2 files). Could someone test if there are issues if you simply delete those two MAS files and repackage my mod, after the change of Safety.veh into Safetycar.veh in the rFm (see post 111 for that)?
    I will test this also myself, probably tomorrow evening, but I want to be sure that also on other computers this will work without issues.

Thanks in advance! And have fun racing!

18. Coanda

Coanda Registered

No dramas. Repackaged dropping those two mas files and tested a race. Pacecar worked fine :) Looking forward to 1.19. Cheers Frenky bloody love your work!

19. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Erm...files no longer available for download?

20. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Correct. Wait a couple of days and v1.19 will be up!