[REL] F1 2013 Single Player v1.61 (DX 11 compatible, visors, rain update)

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Frenky, Jul 10, 2014.

1. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Download v1.61:

single-vehicle-component version, WITHOUT tracks (DX 11 compatible)
    https://mega.nz/#!OuZzFIwS!4R3lZ_Xr8SUeWGeT2XkwJzVYFPHzqoQ-ua5X5GFJ5yg

=======================================================================

Install notes:

* Copy the single-vehicle-component into the Packages directory and let the Mod-manager install it.

Feedback very much welcomed!

Recommended settings:

AI strenght 100% should now be the setting for fast drivers and now simulates the 2013 season at its best!

Changes in Player file (.JSON), so that the AI drive the same setup as you: Fixed Setups="1" and Fixed AI Setups="1" (otherwise the AI reach only 318 kph in Monza instead of 340 kph).
    Better mirrors? --> "Self In Rearview":"HELMET",
    Make sure the AI has the same engine power output, regardless of AI Strength? --> "AI Power Calibration":0,

Changelog:
    v1.61 more realistic FW downforce due to rake angles (seems that the AI completely ignore these correlations...). Slightly increased base drag and tripled the amount of lift per radiator setting. Tweaked default setups due to the new rake settings
    v1.6 improved graphics (rain, visors and solving some glitches) as well as subtle sound improvements
    v1.52 improved AI settings, make mod more "newbie friendly" by adding descriptions to different settings and improved default setups
    v1.51 improved front wing downforce (was too low) + updated trackconfigsbase.ini to recognize more circuits for tyres and air density
    v1.5 the mod has now the updated tyres and chassis file from the Formula FISI
    v1.4 the mod is now DX 11 compatible. Full credits goes to Bjørn, see post #682. No physics changes

Thank you in advance and thanks to Sompir and his team for this great mod. I also want to thank Lgel for the high-res mirrors, the solutions with the safety car and Bjørn for making this mod DX 11 compatible.
    I got big help from SMMG with improving the graphics, so thank you.
    Many thanks to all the others for some beta testing!

Have fun racing!

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    AlexNordic, BlkJello, Korva7 and 6 others like this.
  2. nultweezes

nultweezes Registered

What does it do? Change the physics of the car so it's different for every car?

3. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes, that is exactly what is does. Each car has a separate HDV file with own physics. In practice it means that the Caterham and Marussia teams are 2-2,5 secs (low-downforce circuits) to 3-3,5 secs (high downforce circuits) slower than the top teams Red Bull, Ferrari and Mercedes.
    I changed the physics noticable, compared to the F1RFT2013 mod by Sompir. My file has lower CofG, slightly lower downforce with low wing settings and some couple of other minor things.
    I also slightly changed the talent file and the information inside the rFm file (e.g. championship points, starting times of practice, Q+R settings)

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Any chance you can package this up without all the tracks?

5. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Yes, I can do that. But give me some time, won't be today. I also prefer some feedback first. So that I can also make an update.

6. Coanda

Coanda Registered

No Stress. Thank you.

7. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I've download the mod will give it a try today in the evening.
    Good Idea thx for sharing :)

8. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

the link is offline please can you send me it on pm?

9. Frenky

Frenky Registered

You're right. Someone must have deleted it :( (it is definitly not me, as the links on Racedepartment aren't working either...). I uploaded it to Mega only thuesday morning...
    I will upload it again, when I am at home, but with only 100 kB/s this will take a while. Hopefully it is up then by sunday. Otherwise, maybe "alpha-bravo" can upload it (faster)??? He, as others, has my permission to distribute it (only my file, without any changes).

There is no change I will PM this file to who-ever, as the file is 2.7 GB big!!! Will try to make a mod without the tracks (about 600 MB I guess), but that probably will not be before my holiday that starts comming wednesday.
    So sorry that the file is deleted, because I already tried a number of times to upload it to other upload sites, without success. Someone with a server could make a torrent of it?
    Another possibility is, that I make a Zip-file with my changes, but you guys have to package it yourself then.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  10. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

It will take some time but how it looks at the moment the upload will finish in around 2 hours.
    If the upload finish successfully I post here the link.

Hope it works:
    edit: Link removed use the links in the first post

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2014
  11. jakobdylan

jakobdylan Registered

thank you mate :)

12. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Did some laps with the unstable build772 (Lotus) all what I can say ATM is I need more time and laps to give some feedback :p
    My first impression about the AI (on track) was good. Same with the car.

13. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Take your time :). BTW I use the same build and suggest anyone to use this mod with the 64-bit exe of rFactor. I myself did not do much to change the AI (some parameters change in HDV file, better standard set-up, especially the gearing, some stability changes). I did not alter the AIW, driving lines or track files. Someone else said the AI were a bit slow and I just found a problem with the AI in the tunnel of Monaco. They hit the wall there and 1sec later they are standing in the pits :confused:. No idea how to solve that one ATM.
    Thanks for re-uploading the mod to Mega! Have fun.

14. Navigator

Navigator Registered

@ Frenky, if I may ask; how did you got a hold of the F1RFT guys? Tried for months now myself and had no luck.

15. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I can't reach them either. So I asked on RD if I could publish my mod and the answer was that I had to decide for myself. A bit frustrating is that I had to publish a complete mod. I cannot get the packaging tool to work to make an update (my files) over an update (v1.1 of F1RFT2013). So I ended up with a mod of 2.7 GB, whereas all my changed files could be transfered via a floppy disk of 1.44 MB (they are basically all text files)...

16. Frenky

Frenky Registered

I didn't reach them either. So I asked on RD if I could publish my mod and I got an answer that I had to decide for myself. A bit frustrating that I had to make a complete mod, as I wasn't able to make an update (my files) over an update (F1RFT2013 v1.1). So I ended with a file/mod of 2.7 GB, whereas my changed files zipped could be transfered over floppy disk...
    Today I will upload an updated version of the mod, with quite some changes. Stay tuned!

17. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Update v1.17 online

I've updated the mod to v1.17. Now in two versions one with and one without the tracks. See post #1.

Changelog:
    DONE v1.16:
    * Reduced the effect of airlifting cars over kerbs (drag/lift only till 14-15 cm of ride height, in stead of 18 cm)
    * Base downforce Front Wing slightly lower
    * Slightly better brakes, AI slightly worse
    * Engine parameters improved: cooling is more tricky now --> you need higher radiator setting, which creates now also more lift and drag. Same holds for the brake ducts.
    DONE v1.17:
    * More 2nd order drag Front + Rear Wing (Red Bull even more as others) --> more wing will give more drag now (especially at HIGH downforce levels). Red Bull full wings without DRS (34/74 degrees) @ Monza: 301 kph top speed
    * Slightly reduced the base downforce of both the front and the rear wings (all cars)
    * Completely redone the diffuser equations. A real cracker this one (cost me a day). At very low rear right height the downforce levels are reduced by about 10-15%.
    * Bottoming the car costs now 40% of diffuser downforce (was 11%).
    * AI too slow, why??? --> Increased AIGripMult (grip levels of AI tires) from 0.99 all to 1.044 front and 1.050 rear. First tests give AI about 0.6-0.8 secs a lap faster. This one needs more testing!
    * Some very minor changes for different teams

There is an issue with the AI in the tunnel of Monaco. If someone has suggestions how to solve that, please say it to me.

I will be on holiday till the start of August. Have fun driving and leave us some feedback behind!

18. bkircher

bkircher Registered

Hey, is there anyway u can change the sounds to something a bit more realistic?? The RFT ones are pretty weak in terms of conviction.

19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

Hello Frenky,

Nice job, works as intended.

Fastest cars ahead, AI much faster than before, car less forgiving but not a Marussia.

The only glitch, in my case the rfcmp without track said mod corrupted, I had to repackage the file (missing showroom?).

After a first quick test using former setups with just an adjustment of rear wing, I entered Motec and I have seen that the physicis are totally different, or at least the interpretation of stored values of setups (rear spring stiffness of 80 now interpreted as 140).

Done a quick setup from scratch, physics seem coherent in my view (I wish I was a good engineer), the car responds to tuning in a logical way and it reflects in Motec.

I ran a Lotus, is it considered a top team?

I made a race in Portugal and it was a lot of fun.

Cheers.

Thanks a lot.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
  20. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Cheers for dropping the tracks. I have the same issue within the mod manager. It says "damaged package" after install. Loaded up kimi @ silverstone fine though. Although lots of fun I have never really found this mod challenging. So much grip. The AI seem fine however more testing is needed on my side. The mirrors are non adjustable and the AA on these would have to be some of the worst i've seen in rF2. My monitor is pro calibrated however I get a slight weird look on the tyres. I'll try and get a screenshot up.

EDIT: Screenshot added. Please see RHF tyre.

View attachment 13614

Cheers again frenky.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014