F1ASR Modding Team - F1 1992 Work in Progress

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Sderenno, Jul 4, 2014.

1. rene-xmg

rene-xmg Registered

try without AI ;-)

2. JWE

JWE Registered

I had the same, thought it was a rF2-related problem.

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

no prob for me with 21 ai, fps between 90 - 130

4. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Its the opposite for me. This is the least FPS hungry mod I have used. In some areas I can get almost 200FPS at Silverstone with max settings on a 780ti.

5. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yeah there is a bug with the Lambo release try the latest car, Williams Renault, no problem with that one.

6. yusupov

yusupov Registered

this was just awesome, gonna boot it up again now. and i didnt (still dont) know what the hell, if anything, is special about 1992 F1. but driving that car gave me chills. cant wait for more from this group.

also, lambo release??

7. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Venturi and Williams are BETA cars, we made another car, this will be the first car in the final version, stay tuned.

8. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Yes the 1st car the Larousse had a V12 Lambo engine. Like you I too can't wait, all the different cars on the starting grid, going to be cool

9. Sderenno

Sderenno Registered

Dear friends,
    with much regret we have to give this unfortunate and bad news.
    The Modding Team F1 ASR can no longer produce mod, post images, and logos owned by the FIA.
    We received a direct communication where we were asked to remove all of our material on the web, on facebook, on twitter, use the forums due to "unauthorized" FIA license.
    They can not exist then mod F1, GP2 Series and all the categories that are part of the federation.

All those who create mods for F1, GP2 Series, Skin, and use the official names of actual Auto, Drivers, Teams commit an offense and are liable for copyright infringement!
    E 'from the time of Gp4 that fans like us create Mod F1, but apparently (he knows something the well-known portal VirtualR), seems over the opportunity to make official cars belonging to the FIA.

It was in the air ... ..

E 'likely that the continuous conversions from other modders of the only official F1 game to other platforms, has aroused understandable discomfort on the part of the producers of the game itself.

Too bad, because it will be impossible to achieve even old seasons in which we are very passionate!
    At this point there are only 2 ways:
    retire or move forward, we are thinking in the meantime.

In that way, however, go on?
    The only way (we do not know yet if completely legal) is to make the cars anyway, no logos, sponsors and names belong to the Federation.
    Obviously not sorry to see their idol pilot drive our favorite car in the splendor of its true original livery.

However it is not a crime to realize original livery as long as this is not sponsored, advertised, posted publicly on the web.
    In the worst case, then the official withdrawal of our team, it is likely that we will continue to carry out our plans in a totally private, but obviously will not be publicly available on the web.

To make use of the shelters we also changed the name of the Team.
    The classic category will be renamed ASR Formula Open Wheel Classic for the time being, pending a final decision.

The workings of the cars classic and modern platforms and RF2 Assetto Corsa are temporarily suspended!
    Updates will follow.

10. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

This is terrible news. God I hate the evil money men of F1.

There have been many examples of cars and drivers having been created in the past but not with the correct names eg Nigel Mainsail, T. Hairy Bootson. I think there was a McPherson team in Microprose GP.

11. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

12. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Oh FFS this is pathetic... Big business killing sim racing as we know it. Utterly pathetic.
    F***ing greed, business, commercial BS.

13. rfuctor

rfuctor Registered

You have to wonder how much Codemasters were involved with this.

Would anybody in the FIA really have it's ear to the ground on these matters? It seems quite likely to me that Codemasters whinged about it to the FIA who then threw in the legal dept.

14. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I'm thinking that it's very, very likely that Codemasters had something to do with this. it'd almost be a naive to think otherwise imho.

So if that's the deal, that's just ridiculous.
    We are losing so many great potential F1 mods in the future because of a company that only caters to the masses while claiming to be "all about the racing".
    That's just beautiful...
    CM can use the likeness of the F1 cars, and dismember everything with their useless incompetent attempt at racing physics.
    That is, while they're shoveling in the phat cash of course.
    I heard at one point, in some of the earlier games, it was just one guy, who of course knew nothing about physics, who just sat and tweaked a bit until the physics felt good to him. Pathetic! And then the FIA probably forced some of the younger drivers to promote CM's useless product in that awful Young Driver Test video. "Best way to prepare for the real life experience" my bare a**.
    Good to know that all rights to reproduce the F1 likeness in the virtual world is in safe hands..! :rolleyes:

And who knows what useless trash Polyphony Digital will release after they've hooked up with the FIA? Sanctioned virtual racing tracks? Moronic beyond everything. One 3rd party track after the other will be hit and killed off with cease and desist letters due to this nonsense. Sim racing will suffer, that's for sure imo.

It's incomprehensible the direction things are going right now. So sad.

15. Rik

Rik Registered

And this for free content?
    .... And you rename your mod and car.

16. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Codemasters has nothing to do with this, the quality of this work is superior thats the problem.

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Directly or indirectly, CM has something to do with this.
    After all they're the only current game company making a living off of selling official F1 games...
    Go figure.

18. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Could you not just drop official names? I for one wouldn't care

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

19. azwris

azwris Registered

this mod is fantastic ASR! Thank you very much, great physics and graphics! :) May I kindly ask you if there's a way to enable the "Allow Manual Override" line on your HDV file for your next update? I tried to do it on my own but MAS file is encrypted so hands up. I 'd be thankful to you If you did this.

Thanks in advance! :)