Urgent testing of release candidate Build 772

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

tjc, sorry if I've missed this earlier, but did you try with no plugins? It sounds like you probably did on a fresh install, just want to be clear. Some 64bit plugins aren't happy yet.. ok, so my 64bit plugin isn't happy yet... :rolleyes:

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Hey Lazza...

Yeh I`ve tried with no plugins installed, still crashing... :confused:

I`ve tried after a fresh W7, fresh complete install of rf2 with only what`s needed to run rf2 installed and still no 64bit. :(

Thanks for posting though. :)

3. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Thank you to sharing this important information with us.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think the key here is if you've created a GMT using ISI's 3dsmax plugin and it's having problems... they'd like to know about it. But more than likely you wouldn't have any such problems.

If you do have an issue with a GMT you've created, there's a good chance you know where it came from. So you can chase it up with the author of whatever program that was. And I'm guessing if that author is having problems tracking it down they may be able to get at least a hint directly from ISI.

But I wouldn't expect ISI to spell out the changes made publicly, or what values in various parts of the GMT structure could cause issue. You may notice there are no GMT references... because ISI aren't detailing what's in the file, presumably at least partly because that would make it much easier for GMTs to be reverse engineered and easier for the hard work of modders to be ripped by others.

As an end-user of a mod that has issues, you can't really expect to have it spelled out for you. If you identify that there is an issue and report it to the mod maker, that's about all you can do.

5. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don`t think there is no GMT issue it is a bug like it was with Miata (Now here's the million $ question. Why would instance=SUSPENSION trigger a bug?).
    Many ISI cars (SLS Safetycar, F2, Renault 3,5 etc.)witch have missing parts too, I don`t believe that ISI uses wrong GMT structure to own contents at least I hope not:eek:

There is lack of information if this is going to bee fixed or not :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
  6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I also think that the problem is not about gmt files. IMO the problem is the way rfactor 2 interprets scn and veh text files. It is much more likely and explains the problems no matter gmt source. Ockham's razor.

7. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

I'd be glad to specify exactly what the problem is with non-ISI GMTs for whomever is interested. I believe the problem GMTs are from ZModeller.

8. PlickBadger

PlickBadger Registered

Joe, I think what some folks are looking for is more information regarding issues that are not non-ISI GMT related. I know I was using an antiquated single mesh instance=SUSPENSION in the miata mod, but there are a couple of other scenarios that don't appear to be GMT version related, such as the SLS safety car missing parts and some tracks where there might be some .scn formatting issues.