Urgent testing of release candidate Build 772

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by 88mphTim, Jul 3, 2014.

1. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Registered

Confirmed V1.2 of all 3 Spec Miata now are fine without any graphical problem with all build 770 & 772 and 32 and 64 bit,

Great PlickBadger, you did it! :)

2. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Apart from the directory changes already announced by jeremy which solves the needing to rename issue ehat should our expectations be?

It looks like b770 and higher are less tolerant with several format related issues as nords and miata problems suggest.

Is this issue, if real, going to be addressed?

Which are the detected bugs that are being assessed before the next build is released? It would be very nice to have one to check and report for correction.

3. Navigator

Navigator Registered

So.....you're looking for problems in advance?

If I recall; YOU were very much around when the forum got suspended earlier.......not to say, the reason.......
    Now you go and whine about problems you have no clue of?

4. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Maybe I misunderstand you, but these bugs/corrections to test are listed in the 1st post in this thread:

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

I mean the issues that are still not corrected in B772. We dont know if we should keep reporting things and if the ones reported are being addressed.

So before saying that I am whining, some person should read my posts in the different bug report threads instead of accusing me for being responsible of anything. I can remember the thread that you referred to in your post. There Ì said that unstable testing would be a failure as it has been once again. I expected a build with new bugs and without previous ones fully assesed. I expected a bug where new things would be implemented causing problems. I dont think I missed that much in my predictions.

We are now once again in a chaos knowing only from a post from jeremy that new build will avoid having to rename the 64 bit exe. Not a single word on bug fixes.

6. Navigator

Navigator Registered

Chaos? By a bug not yet being fixed and ISI first making the 64 bit easier to handle?
    See the fat words; enough said.

Thanks in advance if the forum gets locked again because you have to jump to conclusions and keep on going "predicting" issues.

7. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

NO by the lack of information back.

8. Navigator

Navigator Registered

You can read everywhere that progress is made and bug fixing is best done in the "new setting". You don't change the oil in your car and then put in a new engine.
    Also; you can read everywhere that bugs are noticed but can't all be fixed right away and can't all be discussed; they just take notice and stack it up the pile.

In every topic you start screaming that YOUR bugs are not fixed, but the truth is; bugs ARE fixed (just not all yet and sadly including yours) and bugs ARE noticed.
    Keep the forum open I would say ;)

9. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Some of you guys have no mercy. I won't mention any names lolol.

I want RF2 to be perfect too, but we can't always get what we want. It will get there though.

10. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php?p=290384

Nürburgring GP Circuit

Hi, since Build 770 I have noticed all the detail/objects (air lines, gantries etc.) in the pit lane and possibly elsewhere on the track, have disappeared. I assume this is probably due to the GMT is......

11. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Nurburgring is one of the latest releases. It is difficult for me to understand how could it have an old gmt format and what exactly means and old gmt format as it is stated in the release notes. I only know two ways to generate rf2 gmts. 3dsmax and 3dsimed. The first one uses ISIs plugin so it should save in normal format? Or are these plugins being updated frquently on the different devmode builds? If so I would need to update mine for sure... I didn't see a note about new plugins for 3dsmax as information for modders when a build is released. I remember when realroad shader appeared but never again...

For 3dsimed it could happen if using first or buggy versions since it is an external tool and dave could have been updating the program to correct issues. But I dont think mianiak uses 3dsimed.

12. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There are more than 2 ways to generate GMTs, and it seems to me you don't know which mianiak might have used. Maybe work that out before suggesting it's ISI's fault.

13. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Since you seem to know better than me you might what to answer to my question. Which are the old gmt files ISI refers in the release notes so that we can know what to be looking for?

We might speculate less if we had some more info. First Nords, later the Miata and now Nurburgring. Three components that worked before that have problems now. I am not suggesting anything. I just would like to know what to be looking for when I build my tracks.

So please do not tell me again what I should do. Your suggestion about informing about which tool is mianiak using is quite useless. I NEED TO KNOW WHICH ARE THE PROBLEMATIC GMTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. freew67

freew67 Registered

The problematic gmt's are the ones that don't work...................................

15. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Hi tjc....
    Did you ever get 64bit working with Win8.1?
    I seem to be having one heck of a time this bout.
    I created a new folder and renamed it 'HOLD' inside my RF2 core folder.
    I moved both 32 bit versions there and renamed the 64bit versions the exact name of the ones moved into the 'HOLD' folder and still the T/M says 32bit on starting RF2.

edit: damn it every time I try to upload an image recently, it comes out thumbnail size.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  16. Mario Morais

Mario Morais Registered

if exported in 3dsmax never get THE PROBLEMATIC GMTS..

17. Miro

Miro Registered

Just a suggestion for the next unstable build test.

If ISI would setup a basic server with the Skippy or any simple car on any ISI track, I think we could sort out problems, if any are there, with upcomming builds.

Keep up the good work!

18. tjc

tjc Registered

Hi Saabjock...

No I still can`t get 64bit to work for me, it just crashes every time I try it.

I wasn`t trying it with W8 though, I don`t have W8... I`m still on W7 (SP1)

It`s a bit strange, it works fine for most people I think...

19. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

tjc, do you run any other 64 bit programs?

Just wondering. I think every sim I install puts in some version of Microsoft Visual C++ , and they all rely on a different version.
    thought maybe that might be your problem.
    One of my other sims I DCS World. It comes in 64bit and it is free. (Probably a 4 or 5 Gig download - probably best with torrent)

20. tjc

tjc Registered

Hi Jim,

Yeh I do run a couple of small 64bit programs. I actually thought the same as you so did a completely fresh W7 and installed only what`s needed to run rf2 and...

Still crashed on me. :(

The first build I tried with 64bit worked fine for me, I was quite chuffed then bang... no more 64bit for me.

I know nothing of this DCS you mention, I`ll google. :)