Question: What's the easiest way to downgrade a build?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Ernie, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I've just updated to build 770 with the automatic updater and all worked fine.

But the league i'm racing with, won't actually use this build for racing (because of a few bugs). They stay on build 660 at the moment.
    I've actually installed almost all of the ISI content and some plugins and would not like to make a full re-install. As long as i can avoid it.

So ..... what's the easiest way to downgrade a build? Is it possible to install an older build above a newer one without uninstalling first? What happens with the installed content then?

Hopefully someone has an easy solution for that. Thanks in advance.

cheers
    Ernie

2. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

You can have more than 1 builds installed at the same time. Just get the lite 660 version and run the installer. But change location to something different than your main 770 build. Example D:\games\rFactor2-660

Be sure when you use Mod manager that you point your 'Working Dir' and 'Packages' to the correct locations (lower right) before you install your tracks etc.

3. canastos

canastos Registered

I did that several times in the past, and worked flawlessly; with current build and the announced file format change, I'm not sure, but I suspect it would work, and that new file format applies to fresh installations, but if it wouldn't work, you always could reinstall build 770 with Lite installer, and you would be at the same situation you're now ;)

byyyyyyyyye

4. Ernie

Ernie Registered

Thanks. I think i'll do a folder backup first and then i'm ready to try different things. :D

5. Ernie

Ernie Registered

I did a parallel install of build 660 yesterday. So i can actually use 660 and 770. Thanks for the advice.

6. MerlinC

MerlinC Registered

where is a download of build 660 available - can't find it on the rFactor2 website

Sent with Tapatalk

7. MJP

MJP Registered