rF2 Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hamiltonfan2205, Jul 2, 2014.

1. hamiltonfan2205

hamiltonfan2205 Registered

Hi,

I've come up with some suggestions for future builds of rf2.

Firstly AI;
    Firstly, I was disappointed to find in this new build, the damage not affecting AI was not fixed. Don't mean to sound impatient but I reported this like 8 builds ago and it still hasn't been fixed.

Now to the point. Firstly the AI in qualifying should be improved a bit, when a driver has traffic ahead, they should be programmed to create themselves some space before starting a lap, because in rf1 for my AI series, I had to use a different qualifying format cos last year I used the f1 qually format for the majority but I had to use another format, cos many front runners had to start near the back of the grid due to being held up by one of the backmarkers. Secondly, in a race situation, backmarkers should be programmed to actually move over when a leader is coming through cos it's getting annoying how someone has a race won then a backmarker doesn't move and they get caught. Thirdly, the AI in the formation lap and under a safety car should be improved. For the formation lap, having the cars run side by side is not a good idea as it creates glitches. The cars should be programmed to weave about and do burn outs to try to get some heat into the tyres, just like in real F1. They should also be programmed to do this under a safety car as they just run in single file. Finally, pit strategies. In rfactor 1 you could program what lap a driver pits. In rf2, I think it should be taken a step further. In rf2 I think you should not only be able to program what lap a driver pits but what compound of tyre a driver chooses as well.

Secondly graphics;
    The graphics of rf2 is by far the best out of any racing game I've ever played. However I think they could be better. First off when creating skins you should have the option to make a particular part of the car metallic. Secondly I really do think their is room for improvement where the graphics could be made a bit more real.

Thirdly sound;
    I think their should be more ambient sounds, for example, when the race gets underway, you should be able to hear the crowd cheering and for example, when there is a crash, you should be able to hear the crowd going "Woah!" And stuff like that.

Zarg likes this.
  2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

You don't hear any of that in a racecar, infact you don't even hear the other racecars around you (unless the car's exhaust is right neaxt to you or maybe 5 - 10 feet in front of you). You can't even hear tyre screech on real bad lock ups. Well at least not in Formula 1600s, various types of F2000s, and a prototype style car. Stock, relatively quiet roadcars are obviously a different story if the crowd is loud. Oh and the new, gay-ass F1 engines :)

3. CCBB SIM Racing

CCBB SIM Racing Registered

V770: This 32 and 64 bit 2 tier split needs to be more user friendly, update the launcher to access a choice of running 32 or 64 bit to open the game. Some of use are stuck in the middle of two series and need both bit system .

4. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

64bit isn't released for general usage, why should it be linked like it is? Our language is very clear on that. It's a wider testing release, and is purposely not easy.

5. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Yeaaa but we have also cam's outside ^^ I agree with hamiltonfan2205 a simulation should cover the whole race atmosphere all points which he has enumerated are good and well considered suggestions for improvements (specially (IMO) the AI part) in rF2.
    Hopefully ISI has a similar view :p I think it's worth to invest here some time.

6. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Registered

could the server's list filter be improved to filter by race series or ping?

7. Carlos Cavalcanti

Carlos Cavalcanti Registered

rain that wet the glass of the car or the helmet visor to the point of having to change, spray does not enter in the car or smoke, fixed cockpit view

8. smithaz

smithaz Registered

Pit stops could do with improvement, the box could be easier to see while your driving up to it, and more importantly there needs to be a system to tell you when to go, rather than mashing the throttle and waiting for it to kick in. A bloke holding a lollypop would fit this role nicely.

edit: oh and I forgot, my number 1 feature request... the ability to go back to the monitor screen just by driving into your pit box rather than having to press esc e.g. at the end of races

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2014
  9. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

some way to distinguish which pit box is yours would be good, i dont know how many times i have pitted on the same lap as the ai only for 15 pit boxes to show up and i limp from one to the next trying to work out which is mine! On most tracks there is no way to distinguish between them.

10. yusupov

yusupov Registered

o...well its getting a lot of testing by me then lol. deleted the 32bit files & renamed the 64bit ones as default. had no idea it was sketchy, seems fine to me so far.

11. Coanda

Coanda Registered

Another coder or two would sure go along way.

12. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

check yer .plr file, there is an entry that you can set to show-yours-only

13. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Ah really Denstjiro, will check it out, thanks!

14. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Couldn't find it what is it called? thanks.

15. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Suggestion.......

More DRiViN' .......................Less WHiNiN' !@!
    lol :)

Seriously though any given day is more people on the forums then racing. :rolleyes:

What a joke :(

16. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Suggestions to make rF2 even better = whining..? Right.

17. Scott Beck

Scott Beck Registered

Pitcrew Detail Level="1" // 0=Off, 1=Player Only, 2=Everybody

Is that the setting Denstjiro?

18. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Ehm....could be my language barrier but i thought if i was using 64bit......i still could join 32bit servers?? aint that right???

Edit.....till now no bugs found in 64 bit, runs like a charm here

19. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Try to join -Fun2Race.net-7- dedicated it is running 32 bits ver. (SKIPPY; Limerock only as vmod)

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Okay, i will try later tonight Ari. That will clear some things......for me ;)